Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 - Page 23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Unread 05-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

WOW!!!! Kudos to all of you who are just in your 3rd or 4th week post op and are cleared and ready to go back to work. That's great and I'm more than a little envious. I'm increasing my activity level gradually but I'm still a little sore around my belly button area and the other day I overdid my shopping and walking spree and ended up bleeding the next day. Not a lot, but enough to realize that I'm not quite ready to run a marathon yet.
But do listen to your bodies. I wish you all well. Think of me looking at the weeds in my garden and thinking about all the vacuuming I should be doing. ** Hum. Another couple of weeks, so I should just enjoy.
Good luck everyone. I wish you all speedy and safe recoveries!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2007, 11:23 AM

You ladies are all totally awesome. I am not even THINKING of returning to work yet! My boss paid me a visit yesterday and hinted a lot about all of the work there is being generated. I am just now beginning to SIT!!! Walking and lying down are no issue but SITTING is a major deal!! I think I am behind the groove because I had the catheter for 2 weeks. I did more than usual yesterday and today had to take Advil just to get going! Had company for dinner last night - it was my bday - but DH did mostly everything. However I SAT from 4-9pm and I am feeling it in my stomach muscles today. Still hurts to have a bm - I am hoping I am not getting adhesions there!!! Now, wouldn't that be fun???

Anyway, take it easy, those of you who are returning. You don't want to have a relapse. I think the secret is stopping BEFORE we get too tired-but women never stop, right?

Keep us all posted on how you do. Those of us who are still in rehab should not feel competitive about our recoveries. We just all do it at different times in different ways, I guess (and some of you spring chickens have the age factor on your side, too). Take care - Margie
Unread 05-05-2007, 12:17 PM
work return

Well Misti and Snowflake,(and anyone else) I am VERY envious of your going back to work. I just couldn't right now. I have gone out and about a few hours every morning for the last few days and then I am SO sore and tired afterwards. I have to climb 4 flights of stairs at my building too. And I know I would be up and going too much. ALAS, my doctor told me 6 weeks but that I might be much better before then. He also told me that my Laproscopic Hyster would be minor in comparison to the rectocyle and cystacyle repair so maybe that is why. I am also 53 and although I think I am in good health, I don't think I have the comeback ability I used to have. My sixth graders called last night and they told me how much they missed me and I feel the same. I will have 11 days with them at the end so I feel better about that. Also, my father is very ill and I will get to go spend a week with him between week 5 and 6 because I should be able to drive 6 hours and hang out by then. Kind of a bonus! Well, I will be very anxious to see how you do back in the class room. i never thought about going back part time. That was a good idea!!!!! Take care everyone and someday, we'll ALL be back to work!!1 Ha Ha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2007, 02:13 PM

Hi ladies,

I have been doing really well until today. Last night we went to our lake house and I guess the 1 1/2 hr. ride with my puppy on my lap(with a pillow) or the different bed was too much for me. My back and sides are aching a lot. I feel wosre than I did two weeks ago. I am soooooo sore, I can't even touch my sides right now. I took some Motrin but it didn't help at all. I am sitting on the couch today and doing nothing.

I see the Dr on tuesday for my post op and results of my biopsy. I hope everything is all right, Dr said my fibroid was nasty and ugly. I'll know soon enough.

Take care,
Peggy
Unread 05-05-2007, 04:40 PM
I think I have my first "period" post-op

Woke up today with back pain, then diarrhea off and on all morning. I think today would be my period. NOT having the usual killer cramps that would normally have me curled up with a heating pad all day. But I just don't feel well. I am very tired today and seem to have no stamina. I also feel vaguely nauseous. But at least the pain is not killing me!! Small steps, I keep telling myself.
The boredom is getting to me, though. Still some discharge off and on and continuing to pass stitches--ewwww! Look like large pieces of off-white dental floss, slight bleeding afterwards. Don't think I am quite up to 12 hour shifts on my feet yet but hopefully will be by my 6-week check-up. Anyone not seen the doctor yet?
Take care and keep pampering the princess!
Unread 05-06-2007, 10:53 AM

well if anyone else out there is healing slowly pain wise, i hear ya. I am supposed to be back at work middle of next week - but no way (and actually 3 weeks versus 4 was my surgeon's original recommendation for total laprascopic with cervix removal) now I think it may be 5 or 6. I am just in too much pain and although I am just taking 600mg Ibu - my body is tired of it - too much for the liver and it makes me dizzy and drowsy. I had extensive work done on bowel adhesions (still undiagnosed, but most likely endo, though none was seen, even when I had it 15 years ago - go figure) so maybe that is issue. I shaved my legs today - too much bending over and filling the dishwasher yesterday didn't help either. Are we supposed to be able to be bending yet?
i'm feeling pretty frustrated today with this unrelenting pain and tired of all of this.
Unread 05-06-2007, 05:06 PM

Hi there, 3 weeks into the post-operacion, I am doing okay, I think. The some of the stiches can still be seen. Went to my first check up a week ago and a very mild urine infection was detected, I am not taking Trimethoprim for a week. I drink a lot of water, but I also seem to be going to the bathroom all the time. I do feel at times some kind of sharpeness, not too painful, but kind of uncomfortable which I don't know what it's. I am now walking 30 minutes a day. Rather than that I feel fine. A bit bored with doing nothing much as I have always been a very active person and I can't wait to get my life back to normal, but I know that I need to be patience and that I, God willing, have another 3 weeks to go.
Unread 05-06-2007, 05:18 PM

Well, its Sunday and back to work tomorrow. I am not looking forward to 9 hours of work and 45 minutes each way commuting but I really have to go back. Can't afford to miss any more (money is always so much of an issue - I hate it). I am still a little sore. I went to Walmart yesterday by myself and pushed the cart. BAD IDEA! By the time I left it hurt so bad I had to take something for the pain.
I've been doing laundry today and went to Walmart to go grocery shopping but this time I rode the little cart and everyone was so wonderful about helping me lift stuff. I am still sore from the trip but not as bad as yesterday.
I just hope I survive tomorrow and don't kill my computer and everyone else. It will be my first day up and around ALL day (from 5 am to 5:30 pm). My bunch at work will be sooooo happy to see me that I will get babied for a few days, which I have a feeling I am going to need.
Wish me luck everyone. I envy all of you that get to stay home longer. I wish I could. I will let you know how I do tomorrow evening if I can still move.
Unread 05-06-2007, 07:15 PM

I do wish you well DC - I hope you do well! Let us know!
Unread 05-06-2007, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4ever
Well, its Sunday and back to work tomorrow. I am not looking forward to 9 hours of work and 45 minutes each way commuting but I really have to go back. Can't afford to miss any more (money is always so much of an issue - I hate it). I am still a little sore. I went to Walmart yesterday by myself and pushed the cart. BAD IDEA! By the time I left it hurt so bad I had to take something for the pain.
I've been doing laundry today and went to Walmart to go grocery shopping but this time I rode the little cart and everyone was so wonderful about helping me lift stuff. I am still sore from the trip but not as bad as yesterday.
I just hope I survive tomorrow and don't kill my computer and everyone else. It will be my first day up and around ALL day (from 5 am to 5:30 pm). My bunch at work will be sooooo happy to see me that I will get babied for a few days, which I have a feeling I am going to need.
Wish me luck everyone. I envy all of you that get to stay home longer. I wish I could. I will let you know how I do tomorrow evening if I can still move.
Good luck tomorrow!!!

Take care,
Peggy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register