Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Unread 05-07-2007, 05:26 AM
good luck to all who are going back to work

To all of you who are returning to work, Please take it easy and when you get home, hit the bed, recliner or whatever. You probably don't need that bit of advice but just in case. And let us know how it goes and if there are any good tricks to share.

I had VERY sharp pains yesterday for the first time as many of you have had in the past. I am going to try and eat better. I was really good at first, drinking the water,etc but it seems like this last few days I was trying to do too much and didn't take care with the water, and food choices. I really wanted to just act normal kinda and well, I shouldn't have I quess!!! Live and learn!

Take care everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2007, 05:33 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Hi guys, well here it goes for me today. I'm going back to my secretarial type job for half days this week. I'll be there from7:30-12:30 today. Then I have a meeting over at my FIL's for a little while. Then I'll come home and rest.. At least that's what I hope to get to do. It's my DH 47th Birthday today so I'll need to make him a cake and then we are all going out to dinner for it. So sounds like fun to me!! Have a great day everybody..
Unread 05-07-2007, 07:56 AM

I am also suffering from a very mild urine infection for which I am taking Trimethoprin 200MG twice a day. I don't know how I managed that. Apart from that, I feel bored but fine. Does anyone out there know how long does it take to clear complete. Are there other alternatives to kill this bacteria? Any advice would be very much appreaciated. Many thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2007, 08:28 AM

hope everyone is doing better
Confusion, I am very committed to holistic medicine and avoid allopathic (western) medicine as much as possible, but I wouldn't stop taking this antibiotic. Just be sure after the course is through to get take acidophilus (either pills or take that Activa yogurt) to replenish your gut with probiotics. To "assist" the antibiotic, they do say cranberry juice (real, not cocktail) is supposed to help clear things. I have always found it helps. But finish your antibiotic - don't want to mess with things during recovery.
just my opinion
Unread 05-07-2007, 08:45 AM

chef peg - so an 1 1/2 hrs in the car are hard to do? my daughter is a cellist and missed a performance this weekend - and she has another this coming one- a solo -
so you wouldnt recommend driving three hours in a car?
Unread 05-07-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjattf
chef peg - so an 1 1/2 hrs in the car are hard to do? my daughter is a cellist and missed a performance this weekend - and she has another this coming one- a solo -
so you wouldnt recommend driving three hours in a car?
Hi there,

I was a passenger. I believe it's is all right, if you are a passenger. I was fine sitting for that long but I think my problem was I had a little puppy on lap and she was sleeping so I didn't want to disturb her while she had a little paw in my side. DH said to move her but I didn't. I love my little angels.
So, yes, I do think you could manage an 1 1/2 hr. ride each way as a passenger. I don't think I could handle that long of a ride as a driver, just yet.

Let me know how it goes.

Take care and good luck,

Peggy
Unread 05-07-2007, 11:01 AM

Many thanks. Absolutely correct. I most certainly don't want to mess around. The doctor has sent a prescription, adviced antibiotic for the very mild urine infection and I shall finish the treatment. It's just that I keep reading about cranberry juice and since I am not very keen on tables, I thought maybe it would be best to use natural products. I will however, try Acrive Youghurt, though I have never heard it. What is it? Would Greek youghurt not be the same?
Unread 05-07-2007, 11:08 AM

here is the link for Activa yogurt which is a Dannon yogurt product.
http://www.activia.com/
I don't think the greek yogurts have the same probiotics in them - any yogurt with the stuff would be good (see above link for explanation of probiotics) Taking antibiotics (and for those of us that had to do a bowel cleanse before the surgery especially) kills the good bacteria in the digestive system - so putting it back in is important
Unread 05-07-2007, 11:38 AM

Hi guys! Heartened to hear mostly good reports from everyone! I am doing ok but am going to the doc tomorrow as I discovered a hole in my vaginal cuff. Got curious as to what this cuff felt like, and was surprised to feel a rather large hole. It does indeed feel like the end of a tube sock, except an area of interruption about the width of my index finger. I think if I popped stitches must have happened earlier cause pain has not increased but I never stop with the light discharge, It is redder the last couple of days. Glad I did not have a bath or intercourse! Was not even supposed to go for post-op check until 6 weeks (2 weeks from now). Hope this does not delay anything--poor DH is out of the country and is looking forward to "coming home" around my 6 weeks check-up. Any thoughts? I am a little nervous about the exam? Will it hurt?
Take care, all of you, and for those back to work,do not overdo!
Unread 05-07-2007, 11:47 AM

Thank you for the information. I have gone to the shops in order to buy it, but there is nothing of the sort in the shops near by. Do you know if I can obtain it somewhere else?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register