Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 - Page 25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Unread 05-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

I saw it in the coupon book that came in the mail today from Costco. You might check to see if your local Costco has it. If you dont have a membership, maybe you know someone who could pick it up for you. RE Yogurt.

Also, just look for yogurt products- even the drinks that say ACTIVE CULTURES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2007, 02:46 PM

Today was my first (1/2) day back to school. It was great seeing my first graders and receiving so many hugs and "I missed you's". My morning went fairly easy and it felt good to be back. I had several colleagues ask about my surgery as they are contemplating it as well. Suddenly, I am the expert! Ha!

I came home and took a little nap. I was a little worn out but now I have some work to focus on and prepare for tomorrow. I also came home to a surprise. My parents had planted my flower beds and added mulch. It looks terrific and it means one less job that needs to be done! Maybe I can milk this helplessness for a few months! I'm keeping all of you in my prayers for a quick recovery.

Snowflake
Unread 05-07-2007, 03:41 PM

Thank you. I shall make sure of it. Tell me, is it normal to develop urine infections after a TAH/BSO?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2007, 04:22 PM

Had mine on April 16th. I felt great the first week, like crap the second and now here I am in my third week, have returned to work and I feel awful! I feel like I have all of the same endo. pain I had before going in. Who knows? I guess I will have to wait and see but it makes me SICK to think I went through all of this for nothing.
Unread 05-07-2007, 07:52 PM

For all of you considering going back to work after 3 weeks (even with a LAVH) - DON'T if you can help it. I made it okay but by the time I got off work I was dead and had to take a pain pill. I came home and went straight to bed. I just got up for a few to eat something (the medicines I am taking are killing my stomach) and thought I would let you all know if you have the option of staying home (I don't) STAY HOME. Rest a couple more weeks at least if you can. It is not unbearable but extremely uncomfortable. I am a secretary so there is nothing strenuous about my job but it will not allow anything else in your life but go to work then come home and drop. I wish you all the best and happy healing!!!
Unread 05-07-2007, 08:00 PM

Dear Wantofeelgood

I am with you. I didn't want to admit it to anyone but by the time I left work today I felt almost as bad as before the surgery. I really began to wonder now if it isn't something else that was causing the pain although they checked both my urinary system and intestinal system before I even considered having the surgery. I don't feel bad now so I am hoping it is just the healing process. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Unread 05-08-2007, 06:57 AM

Thanks girls! I appreciate the advice. I am a teacher, so I absolutely HAVE to be here right now due to testing, end of the year stuff, etc. But I am definitely going ot slow it down!
Unread 05-08-2007, 11:05 AM

Hi ladies!

I've gone back to work on a very limited basis. I own my own business so I can set when I'm in. I'm working a couple days a week for a couple of hours. Even that is a bit much on some days.

Overall though, I'm doing pretty good. It seems like I'm chronically sore but that could be due to the fact that I'm getting a little more active everyday. I'm most tender around the incision areas & the bladder. I see my uro. on Thursday & will ask him about some of this then. Don't see gyn. till the 22nd again. I'm sure this is all part of the healing process.

Hope everyone else's recoveries are going well!
Sue
Unread 05-08-2007, 04:40 PM

you are brave Jenbunn - but good you were! I am definately nervous about having sex, and what if things don't work the same, etc. I have read the sexuality is different (i'm talking orgasms ladies) so anyone checked this out yet?? :-)
Unread 05-08-2007, 06:16 PM
I am a happy camper!!

Hello ladies,

I just got back from the post op visit with my DR. I got the okay for everything, no restrictions. I can't believe it, I am only 3 weeks post op but he said since everything is fine no bleeding, no spotting, no infections, and especially no cancer, nothing. He didn't even need to do an exam, he looked at my incisions and was happy the way they looked. He said I'm doing great. He even lowered my script for Vivelle.

I am so happy!! i feel great and relieved now that that's over.
I just have to take it one day at a time and it will be a while until I have all my energy back. Moderation he says.

I just wanted to share the good news with all my "sisters".

I couldn't gotten through this with out all the support I receive from all of you.

Take care and good luck ladies,

Peggy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register