Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 - Page 26 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Unread 05-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

is anyone on estrogen patch and prometrium - how are you feeling?, what dosages?, brain fog?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2007, 09:12 PM

I don't know ladies. I'm getting nervous about my planned return to work (school) Friday. I am dying to get back to my 8th graders before school lets out in 2 weeks - but I am feeling lousy the last few days. I have been very dizzy, very sore, and bladder issues - pain and frequency are back. That may be because I went to urologist today and he told my I DID have a UTI after all - he had put me on CIPRO in case - I was on it 10 days and got really sick on it - long story - but his office was supposed to have called me and put me on something else - Cipro was wrong antibiotic - so now I have a month of Macro-ban to take and I am really not doing so well. I can't believe the trail of crazy doctor office errors I have had. My doctor was fit to be tied with his staff - it was crazy. Anyway - I may try to take off until next week mid-week - still thinking on it. Hot flashes are also coming fast and furious.
Unread 05-09-2007, 06:16 AM

Windyhill and the rest of you -
If you are considering going back to work - stay home as long as you can. I too was anxious to get back to work but I went back on Monday and Tuesday and today I am home again in bed. I am having a lot of pain on both sides and in my back plus I think I am getting a UTI (or else another kidney stone but that is a long story). The Dr. put me back on percocet and 800 mg ibuprofen. I am a secretary so it is nothing strenuous but my body was just not ready yet.

I wish you all the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2007, 06:21 AM

thank you for sharing Windyhill!- and i am glad I am trusting my body and staying home as long as i can - though I am now eating into my vacation time - I am very lucky because I had 42 sick days this year!! never had that before.
I hope you feel better soon!! a heating pad helps me tremendously
Unread 05-09-2007, 06:23 AM

P.S. it's the sitting that creates the most pain I think, whether you're staring at the wall, or busy working- when I go back I'm going to see what I can do so I can be on the computer standing or just do more work standing up
Unread 05-09-2007, 07:20 AM
I know............

Windy hill, When I was put on Cipro for my UTI, I felt TERRIBLE. I found out some of the symtoms were, achy joints, nausea, dizzyness and all over malaise. Well, I had them all. If it wasn't so important to get the UTI taken care of, I would have quit in a minute. I'm glad they are putting you on something else. Let us know how it works. And goggle it if you think it may be a cause of releapse.

I know how you feel about getting back to work but you know that even if you see your students for the last few days, it will be ok. Remember, we teachers are slightly on the controlling side, LOL, and think the world will come to an end if we aren't there to guide the way. I call it teacher syndrome. Of course, that is why we teach and are good at it but it has it's down side when it makes us put ourselves on the back burner.

I have been interested to read all the posts of you who are attempting to go back to work. I am losing money as I sit here as I only had 6 days of sick time accumulated but I also do not want to repeat this procedure so I am sucking it up and taking the loss. I realize however, that some of you DO feel up to it, (my BF did) and/or feel as though you have no choice. Whatever you princesses need, take it!
Unread 05-09-2007, 07:34 AM

I am so glad to hear there are so many of us controlling teachers out there and that we have all had hysterectomies. Hmmmm, is there a connection? Just kidding. I am sitting here at work and hating that I am here. I feel like crap and my desk looks like a bomb exploded on top of it. I get home at night and can barely walk around the house due to pain. I might have to consider taking off a day to rest. Although, I have NO TIME and I took my 2 weeks without pay. My husband had a brain tumor a couple of years ago so I had to use all of my days for that. I hate being here, but I hate being broke.
Unread 05-09-2007, 10:02 AM

I have to take off a couple days because the pain is too much and all I can do is go to work, feel like I'm dying half the day and then go home and collapse. I know how it feels about the money but somehow I will have to survive. I had 51 hours of leave and have used 85 for the surgery. So a lot of it is lwop but it hurts too much to keep pushing. I don't want to go through this again. I just want to stop hurting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 05-09-2007, 10:08 AM

All of you ladies are so brave, but you must be patient, too!!!! I know this is such a frustrating time, because we all feel emotionally like "ENOUGH, ALREADY!" The plain truth is that we are not used to doing nothing!!! But, be nice to yourselves. I am just taking the view right now that my recovery will actually be shorter if I just chill and do nothing for a couple of more weeks as opposed to a longer and more frustrating time of ups, downs, ouchies and sleepless nights.

The downside of all of this is the finances- where reality hits the road! That is different for all of us. Hugs of support to all of you, wherever you are in this process - please be accepting of this slow path. Baby yourselves! Take it as slow as your circumstances permit and give yourselves permission to be more useless than normal!!

BTW can any of you telecommunicate? Obviously not teachers, but secretaries? Of course, there is the SITTING DOWN issue!

Try to have good days!
M
Unread 05-09-2007, 12:34 PM

I keep having these sharp stabbing pains in both sides and my lower back hurts. I am also developing a UTI I think. My Dr. just faxed me the for to get lab work done. I had kidney stone problems before and sometimes it feels like that but I don't know. I am sooooooooooooo tired of pain.

I can telecommute but my bosses seem to think I won't be as productive at home as I am there and they want me in the office so I don't really have that option. I wish I did. As it is, I am torn between what is more important - getting behind in everything moneywise or my health.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register