Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 - Page 31 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Unread 05-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Ibela - you should come the the DC area. About 90% of the Drs here are like your surgeon. Before my surgery I went to 20+ different drs from various fields trying to find out what was wrong with me. Out of them only 2 1/2 (I say 1/2 because my opinion is still up in the air about my gyn/surgeon - sometimes he's very attentive and sometimes you can't get his attention for nothing.)

I am getting worse instead of better. The pain in my left side has become more localized and intense and the urinary spasms are worse today. I scheduled a followup with my Dr. for Tuesday if I make it that long. I may end up in the ER if it gets much worse.

All in all I am still very happy I had the surgery. I would not want to deal with my period through all of this.

Hope you all are feeling better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2007, 04:49 PM

I do apologise, my PC is 'suffering' from the menopause I was trying to write you a proper message and somehow, it sent it before I finished Back to what I really wanted to tell you. Try to have plentyfresh fruit, salads with raw mushroom, (obviously, wash and peel them before you mixed them with the salad) put some fresh spinach, carrots, cucumber, tomatoes mixed with olive oil and vinegar as a sald dressing. You will very soon see how easily you go to the bathroom. In fact, all problems with the bowels will dissapear in the most natural way. In addition to it, you will regain strength by giving all the body the vitamins it needs. Fresh calf livers fried with garlic and olive oil is very good for you too. Fibre in the morning for breakfast is also very good and drink plenty of water. Hope you do feel better pretty soon
Unread 05-11-2007, 04:55 PM

If possible you should eat fresh vegetables, fish, calf liver, fruit and fibre adn you will probably find that you don't need to take unnatural remedies to empty your bowels in the morning. Just try and you will see it for yourself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2007, 05:08 PM

Hi Ladies,

I have just completed a week of half days of teaching and expect to return to full time on Monday. I was a little tired each day but overall I felt really good. My little first graders are sooo helpful and they are careful not to hug me too hard because they know it might hurt.

I'm on HRT (Estradiol 2MG) and I only have a mild "warm" flash once or twice a day. I'm sleeping well. My Dr. said she would keep me at that dose until age 50 then begin to taper it down (but only taper it during the cold months!) :-)

I'm not trying to show off to anyone, I'm just trying to give hope to those that need it. Everyone's body is different and I'm sure age has a lot to do with it as well (I'm 48). Just know that good days are ahead and soon you won't even have thoughts about painful days. My thoughts are with you.

Snowflake
Unread 05-11-2007, 05:14 PM

Thank you. Your message is very reassuring.
Unread 05-11-2007, 06:29 PM

Snowflake - I envy you. I so much want to be where you are. I feel wonderful except the pain in my sides and urinary problems. I had my surgery on the 12th so you were several days after me. You give me hope that someday I might be rid of the pain but right now I'm not so sure.

Good luck and hug your kids at school. Kids love hugs!

And a big for you!
Unread 05-11-2007, 07:18 PM

Has everyone missed me? Well, I ended back in the castle (hospital)! It had to be me! A few days before my 3 week mark I started having some pain again. It felt like my bowels were "twisted" or something, and also like an elephant was sitting on my bladder. It was such a cramping feeling that I pulled out the pain pills that were put away 2 1/2 weeks ago. Over the week, I started vomiting, running fever, taking pain pills around the clock. I was back and forth to my doc all week, to make a long story short....after 4 days of this I ended back in the hospital. I had a "pelvic hematoma". Basically, during my hyst a blood vessel did not clot off and formed a hematoma in my pelvic region. This is like a bruise or a blood clot in the pelvic region. This continued to grow and start putting pressure on my bowels and bladder. By the time I went back to the castle, I couldn't urinate, had severe bladder spasms, and had not had a BM in days. I was put in the castle, a Foley catheter inserted, IV antibiotics started, pain pump with Demerol, and laxatives given to stimulate a BM that never happened (without major help). On day 5, I was back in surgery to drain the hematoma. I stayed a total of 6 days. I am home now, with a JP drain attached to my vaginal wall that goes into my pelvic region where the hematoma was, still on antibiotics. I have a drain with a bulb hanging out of my vagina! I feel crappy! I am at least not in pain anymore. It now feels like a very mild episiotomy. My belly feels like I have been punched, or like I have started a rigorous program of sit-ups!

I want to give my hubby some credit. He was suppose to go out of town last weekend to work. I was admitted on Fri and scheduled for surgery the following Tues. He cancelled his work and stayed by my side the whole time. He was a real advocate for my care. All I had to do was moan and he was all over the staff. (We did have great care mostly). He made sure I had excellent care. He even got in the shower and washed me (I had a IV pump and a Foley catheter, pretty helpless!) He always made sure my water pitcher was full, and if I didn't like my meal, he was headed to get me whatever I wanted. I told him my meals served were fine but he insisted on getting me special meals. My hubby and I tend to fight a lot but I saw a different side of him. I was his princess and he was there for my every need. I am physically doing well and my daughters are here to take care of me, and my mom lives next door, so he really needed to go out of town today. He will be gone until Tues. I have missed him so much today. I cried when he called to check on me. Anyway, it sort of renewed our relationship and showed me how much he cared for me.

Well, good news, my doc says I will probably be out of work for another month. At least my kids will be out of school for summer when I go back. Not looking forward to going back to work but very grateful for the time I have been given off.

RobinRN
LAVH 4/11 with one ovary removed
back in the castle 5/4 with surgery on 5/8 for pelvic hematoma
Unread 05-11-2007, 07:34 PM

Robin,
You POOR THING! I am just cringing thinking about what you have been through. I especially relate to the constipation part. That can be the absolute worst thing in the whole wide world. I am just wishing you lived near me and I would come over with chicken soup (of course, it would be store bought because I am still hobbling around) maybe ice cream?!!

Well, YOU get the Princess of the Year Award and I know we ALL are just aghast at your last week. Yes, I did wonder what had become of you, although it seems many have been doing more things and writing less in this week. I see your surgery was the day after mine was, so I am doubly upset on your behalf!!!!!! Did the mesh material used play any role in your hemotoma? My Dr. told me he had seen that happen before. I did not know a clot would cause nausea and all of the other symptoms. I guess this is a good lesson for those who have pain spring up out of nowhere-even after a few weeks have gone by. Take it easy. I am happy about how things went with your DH. Sometimes they can surprise us! Get Well!

XXXOOO Margie
Unread 05-11-2007, 07:34 PM

RobinRN - I am so sorry to hear you're having such a tough time. Mine seems minor compared to what you have had to go through. I really hope this is the last of it for you. It sounds like you have been through enough. My 4th week has been the worst I've had but I am hoping it will go away soon. Tried going back to work this week but could only work 2 1/2 days. Will rest up over the weekend and try again Monday.

I am really glad your DH has been so wonderful. It is always nice when you have someone there who cares. I wish you the best happy healing. You deserve it.

Unread 05-11-2007, 07:35 PM

Oh RobinRn - what an ordeal!! I am so sorry you had to go through this, and I am glad they found the problem and you are in less pain. Too much! Please take it easy and we are here for you!
Leigha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register