Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 - Page 37 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Unread 05-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

also experiencing a very down period - other health issues with my lungs - pretty depressing - it would be nice to have only one thing to deal with at a time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2007, 06:50 PM

Hi Kathy
I am not feeling like I expected I would by now. I am still sore and cannot sit well. After riding in a car a couple of blocks this weekend, I was flat on my back for two days! Most of my issues are from the repair work my Dr. did and not from the Hysterectomy! My tummy is fine, now, it is the sit-down problem that has me frustrated. How are you doing? I am not supposed to go back to work until after June 5. I am glad he gave me 8 weeks because I am slower to get up and running than I expected (I ended up with a catheter for 2 weeks and so I am a little behind the rest of our group.

I read on another thread that fish oil helps with the swelly belly and vitamin e helps with constipation. Has anyone heard or had experience with this? I was thinking that since they help with circulation that they may help with healing my little problem. Anyone have an opinion?
Unread 05-16-2007, 07:10 PM

margie - also feel not up to par yet - still having those good days feeling like superwomen burn myself out- and then cant do anything- my dr reminds me that i will feel like i got run over by a truck becasue he also ended up doing more work then he thought. he gave me 8 weeks off too.the dr had done a d and c in dec- and removed large cyst from my ovaries- in four months they had grown back to their regular size which he didnt think would happen so fast
what does the fish oil do for your stomach?
and the hysterectomy corrected my bowels so that is a big help-only had oroblems the first few days
kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2007, 07:20 PM
5 weeks and 1 day

Feeling pretty good today--did too much and hope I don't pay for it tomorrow! Still having bowel issues, constipated and sweely belly at the end of the day. Oh, if you guys could only see me! I'm sure I look quite humerous as I am very thin (5'8 inches and under 100 lbs.) but at the end of the day I have this bloated belly. I look like one of those starving kids with the huge bellies. Have no appetite and feel full very quickly--just cannot seem to go without laxatives. Had sluggish bowels before surgery but is worse now. Otherwise, spotting has slowed (finally) to a little pink at times but no pad for last 2 days!!! Yeah! Thought it would never end. Finished Flagyl cream for a bit of an infection in the cuff. Must be why my bleeding had increased. I go back to my surgeon on the 22nd (next Tuesday) and hopefully will be cleared to go back to work. I am scheduled to work on the 26th.
For everyone who is feeling not so great--big hugs to you. I know it is frustrating but it will get better. I have been very lucky so far that i have had only mild infection and bowel issues to deal with. It will get better, though, and until it does, you can come here and cry on our shoulders.
Have a restful night all,
Unread 05-16-2007, 07:46 PM

5 2/7 weeks. Went back to work last week, and was wiped out by Thursday, and couldn't finish out the week. I think I'm doing better work-wise this week. Have made it through the first three days, and think I'll make it through the last two, although this week I am working shorter hours to make sure I stick it out.

I exercised for the first time on Sunday; did just 18 minutes on the elliptical, which is waaaay less than before my TAH. I was quite sore Monday and Tuesday; had a hard time turning over, getting up from a prone position, that sort of thing, kind of like in the beginning, but not nearly as bad. I'm not sore today, but decided to give it until tomorrow to try again. My cravings for bad food are slowing down, and my food choices are getting healthier, but I still have a way to go. I want to get back into my regular exercise routine as I feel so flabby. The swelly belly is still there big time, especially at the end of the day. In fact, after the exercise on Sunday, it was more swollen than the regular swelling. Still having trouble with insomnia. I do OK for a night or two, and then I have a few nights where I pop awake at 3 or 4 a.m. and cannot get back to sleep for hours. Some nights I opt for an ambien, and I sleep through the night; other nights when I opt for an ambien, it does no good and I pop awake anyway. I can't figure out a pattern yet.

I think my energy is coming back, slowly but surely. I've got social plans and work obligations through Tuesday, and will be going for out of town meetings (driving) on Sunday and Monday. So we'll see by Tuesday if my energy really is getting back to normal, or if I'm wiped out.

In the meantime, I'm reading your updates, and it sounds like we're all making progress, little by little. Wow, I think I see a wee light at the end of this tunnel.
Unread 05-16-2007, 07:46 PM

I read in another thread that it actually takes the swelling down because it increases circulation. Someone's chiropractor suggested it. I posted that on the e and fish oil on the main post op discussion board to see if anyone had ever heard of it before.

My Dr. did a lot on me too, a 2 hour surgery became 4 hours long! I guess that makes me relax a little more when I consider the healing time. I am just not a naturally patient person.

Well, don't you ladies stop posting! I have noticed that the dust is settling and only a few of us are still resting!! It is kind of lonely until we are up and running, so I appreciate your company!

XXXOOO Margie

Jen, I find that Milk of Magnesia every night helps more than anything. I had problems before, too. Now that I have the MOM I am regular for the first time in my life--and I eat LOTS of fiber. I find that if I eat too many raw vegies it actually constipates me. Go figure. Maybe I have and irritable bowel, on top of all of the other misery!! I am amazed at the long spotting. I actually never had any, just a watery discharge at first and it was gone right away. I still cannot stand underwear. I don't know what I will do when it is time to go back to work and I have to get out of these sweat pants and pjs!

Jennifer: how do you stay so slender? whatever is your trick? I had no appetite at first, but I have been healed! I was eating everything in sight for the last couple of weeks. Today is much better. I think that hormone shifts must be the reason.
Unread 05-16-2007, 09:21 PM

Kjattf,I to had my surgery on April 13th and actually I had a problem with discharge that lasted until two days ago,but I thank God its over and Im feeling great I will return to work on April 28th.I have enjoyed my time off but Im ready to get back into the real world..And life without my monthly visit is a blessing....Shelbi
Unread 05-17-2007, 01:36 AM

Margie:
The reason I am so skinny is because I have a connective tissue disorder called Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. The most I have ever weighed was 130 pounds when I was 9 months pregnant. With every baby it seems I got smaller and smaller. It is no fun as buying clothes is difficult--I am a size 0 with a 36 inch inseam. Always trying to gain weight with no success. I have always hated the way I look. As a child I got made fun of alot. But I have come to some acceptance as I have gotten older. But this swelly belly is funny on me!
Have a new problem tonight. It is now 1:30 am and I have been awake with right-sided back pain. Also hurts in my lower right abdomen if I push on it. I think I may have overdid today and injured my back. Really hurts to walk, feels heavy in my belly. Sitting here with frozen bag of corn on my right flank. I also might be ovulating, it has been 13 days since my last period. Any ideas, anyone? Might post on the regular forum too and see what everyone thinks. Have not had this much pain in weeks.
Take care and have a good night!
Unread 05-17-2007, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbunn
Have a new problem tonight. It is now 1:30 am and I have been awake with right-sided back pain. Also hurts in my lower right abdomen if I push on it. I think I may have overdid today and injured my back. Really hurts to walk, feels heavy in my belly. Sitting here with frozen bag of corn on my right flank. I also might be ovulating, it has been 13 days since my last period. Any ideas, anyone? Might post on the regular forum too and see what everyone thinks. Have not had this much pain in weeks.
Take care and have a good night!
If you have any questions about your recovery, please start a *new* thread in the Post Op forum so that you will have the benefit of support from other members and not only those members who had their surgery in the same week as yours.

Just a reminder, ladies....

We want you to enjoy your new friendships here; however,this thread is to report your recovery progress and not meant to be a 'chat' thread. Please use email or PM to talk about things other than your recovery, or start a chat thread in the Hysteritaville Clubhouse forums as other groups have done.
Unread 05-17-2007, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margie123
Be of good cheer, Lizzy! We are in the same boat! I had my surgery on April 10 and spent the last two days in bed! I see you are in Longmont CO. What a kick! I write and design the newletter that Longmont Dairy sends out each month (Except I didn't do this June's - I wonder why!!!) You don't happen to get that milk in the glass bottles, do you? I will be tickled pink if you do!

Anyway, don't worry, it just takes time. I just turned 52 and since I sit at the computer all day long when I work, I thought being 20 lbs too heavy and out of shape may have made this slower, but I am just dealing a lot with the stiches in the outer lower region that are making it hard for me to sit down. I am on a donut at the current moment! I also did not anticipate such a slow recovery and I have been feeling sorry for myself because everyone seems so perky and has goine back to work! BOO HOO. It gets lonely, and I am so happy you posted your message today. My son graduates from ciollege on May 26 and I am hoping that the party I am throwing for him will not put me under for another month. I am ordering everything from Costco that I can -not very original, but I have no choice.

I hope you have a good day. Here is a positive spin for you: Misery loves company, you can whine to me whenever you want!!!

xxxxoooo Margie (be sure to drink your milk!)
Thanks for writing!
No, I don't get the milk in the bottles but I should try to find out where that dairy is located! It is a small world, isn't it? I have only been here for 2 years. We moved from Littleton, Co and I wish we could move back! My dh wanted a smaller town. I think he is trying to recapture his youth. This is too small for me and my friends are still in Littleton which is about an hour to an hour and a half away.

You are smart to order everything from Costco! That way you can enjoy the party. No way could I put things together for a party at this point. My house still looks like a tornado hit it!

I know I'm just extremely frustrated. My daughter is only home for a couple of weeks and then off to work at the Marine Biology Lab. in Woods Hole, MA for the summer and then she will go to grad school at Georgia Tech. I feel robbed of this tiny bit of time that I have with her.

I'm not glad you had to spend the last two days in bed but I guess it is just going to take longer for some of us. This trip really wore me out!

You do sound extremely upbeat and I hope I capture that feeling.

Thanks for putting a postive spin on my feeling so sorry for myself. I actually know things could be alot worse and I have alot to be thankful for but somehow I can't get my heart to listen to my brain!!!

Congruatulations to your son!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register