Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 - Page 38 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Unread 05-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Back to school!

I made it through my first day back at work!
It hurt - but I did it! I came right home to bed - feeling about like I did 2-3 days post op! I will get through tomorrow then spend the weekend in bed - next week is the last week of school. It was a tough day - but my kids (8th graders) were SO happy to see me that it was worth it. I took 800mg Ibuprofen (I can take one or two a month without it hitting my stomach) and heating pad - going to try to nap now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Windy: you are amazing! I have found the gell cap Advil does not tear my stomach up, in case you are using the other harder to digest stuff. Without the gel-caps I get an ulcer within a day! Please take care of yourself! Congrats on your going!!
Unread 05-17-2007, 02:55 PM

shelbi - still am experiencing discharge some days nothing and other days something -- certainly dont miss having the dread period- since had it every two weeks before i had the d and c in dec- and then it basically ceased - but different knowing it wouldnt rear it's head anymore - got to love that!!!! when i am up for it will do a happy dance- i still have four weeks to go on being home - will see if i want to get back earlier - how are you doing returning to work so early
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2007, 03:53 PM

Nice one. I am back to work the week after next. Tonight it's my 5th week since the TAH/BSO. I do feel although not in pain kind of sore inside. I also seem to be developing the most strange 'things'. A week after the operation a urine test and a vaginal swab was done. The vaginal swab was negative, but a very mild urine infection was found. I took trimethorim for a week. A few days later, I bought a Diastix urine test which is supposed to tell you by the changing of the colours on the stripe, whether it's still there or not. I have no notice a stronger colour than the one which says it's negative. Then, my tummy become incredibly warmer than the rest of my body. The temperature on my tummy seems to have cool down and now for the last two days, I have a very small discharge which is yellow? has anyone ever heard of it? Does anyone out there know what could be the reasons for it? If the stiches inside disolves themselves, are we supposed to have a yellow discharge, or we can't tell that there are actually disolving? How long would it take for the stiches to disolve? I am absolutely puzzled about it. I have no itchiness, or soreness when I urinate, neither I do have problems emptying my bowels, yet, this yellow discharge appears every day.
Unread 05-17-2007, 04:54 PM

Well I had my surgery April 16th. I went back to work May 16th. I am feeling pretty good I am sore and tired but I feel a little better each day. Sometimes I feel as though I am setting on a tennis ball but I take some ibeuprophin and lay down and that feeling goes away. Some spotting at 4 weeks and 3 days but thats about it. I know I am on my feet to much so that is probably why I have some swelling but I was worried about my job and the kids so I just went back I only have 16 days left of school and then I will be off for the summer so that won't be to bad. Good Luck to all of you and hope you all feel better soon...
Unread 05-19-2007, 02:42 PM

Made it through 2 days! Came home in pain - tight and crampy. Unwound and went to sleep about 10pm then slept until 3pm today!!!!!! Have intestinal pain today, but I am in bed for the weekend then have four days of school and a teacher day to make it through and I'm done. (Well, actually I have meetings to attend the next week - but that should be a breeze.) I would NOT be able to do this without DH. I work with him so he covers for me at work and at home. And I am blessed with a fabulous team and administration at work.
Unread 05-20-2007, 07:18 AM

Dear Windyhill, I am on the process of returning back to work and like yourself I feel blessed with the team administration work and the wonderful Management support. I am very much looking forward to returning back to work. It's my 5th week since the operation took place. Until last night, I have not had a problem sleeping and so being awake at 2.30 am is unusual for me. I hope it's due to some 'troubling thoughts' that I have had and they kept me awake. Taking the opportunity of some pleasant weather, I went for a walk done the river with a friend where I enjoyed a couple of beers, before lunching together - ended up having not particularly healthy and light food. I am fraid! I think the food made me feel some uncomfortable pain and kind of difficulty emptying my bowels for the first time, at 2.00 am. Lots of winds were trying to get out of the system. My tummy temperature seems to be cooling down and regaining the same temperature all over my body. The very mild urine infection appears to have cleared and in general I feel happy. I think my body is healing slowly, but surely. I still find the long healing process time consumming and makes me wonder when I finally, would be able to feel as active as I used to be once again. I do my very best to keep positive knowing that time needs to be given time in order for time to give time to us. But it's not easy. I now try walk 3 hours daily. If necessary and my body feels it's time to stop, that is exactly what I do. God willing, I will see the surgeon at the end of the week and be release so i can return to work and my active normal life.
Unread 05-20-2007, 11:32 AM

Sounds like a lot of us have gone back to work already. I go back on the 26th, see my surgeon on the 22nd (Tuesday)--don't think there will be any reason for him to say I can't return. Discharge has stopped. Bowels are still not working great, have not gone in about 4 days. Tired of taking laxatives to go. Fibre makes me feel worse. My back is the only thing causing me real pain, think I have been overdoing, and the constipation does not help. Have you all had your 6 week check-up? How many have "done the deed" yet? Getting nervous about this aspect! Hubby is getting anxious!
Take care, all.
Unread 05-20-2007, 11:59 AM

jenbunn I to suffered with constipation tried everything and then the miracle happened I started the ativia yougurt and within three days I was back to normal...I also will be returning to work shortly5/28/07 its back to the old grind...Shelbi
Unread 05-20-2007, 12:27 PM

Well, I made it through my second week of work, pretty much. I worked until 4:30 on Monday, 6:30 on Tuesday, 4:00 on Wednesday, and Thursday opted to work from home to give myself a break from chair sitting. But unlike last week, I did have the energy to go in, just chose not to. I went back to the office on Friday for a full day. Energy-wise, I did better this week, but still find sitting in a chair all day a bit uncomfortable.

I'm still not exercising. Yesterday, I made a "rehab" plan for exercise, and plan to start very slowly, and build up gradually. But still I have a bit of a block getting back into it. The pain in my abdomen is less, although I do feel a little sore at the end of the day. Advil seems to take care of it. Bowels are pretty much back in order, but I still need Milk of Magnesia now and again. Night sweats and hot flashes have eased. (I kept my ovaries.) I'm hoping they're gone for good. (Or at least until real menopause.) I went to the grocery store yesterday and smiled as I walked past the tampax aisle without stopping. I wore white panties yesterday, and was pleased with the thought of never having to soak the white panties in the sink ever again.

Last night I had planned to go to a play and then dinner with a girlfriend. My first real social outing since the surgery (other than dinner with my niece, which didn't require getting all glammed up). After I showered, I spent 45 minutes trying to find something to wear. I ended up having a meltdown. Nothing looks good on right now; my belly is so swollen, and clearly I've gained about ten pounds in addition to the swelly belly. I ended up taking so long to find something to wear that I wasn't ready in time to go to the play. My girlfriend was very understanding and supportive. So instead, four of us got together for sushi, and it felt really good to be out with the girls, talking and laughing, and feeling normal. Tonight I am meeting a friend for dinner, and don't have to travel today after all. I'm glad about that as I didn't relish the idea of a three-hour round-trip drive two days in a row. So I only have to make the trip tomorrow, as well as sit in a several-hour meeting. I expect when I get home tomorrow afternoon, I'll be ready to crash on the sofa.

I have my six-week check-up on Friday, and I expect my doctor will cut me loose after that. I just need to work on getting back into my exercise routine, and eating better. I always find it easier to eat better when I'm exercising. And if I stop eating carbs, I imagine I'll drop quite a few pounds of water weight rather quickly. In the meantime, I need to be gentle with myself. So I put on a few pounds---I just had major surgery. I'll get my groove back slowly but surely, and be back to my old self in due time. Being hard on myself, telling myself I'm fat and gross, and look terrible in my clothes, blah blah blah, just isn't helpful. I'm going to focus on giving myself a break, and who cares what I wear to my meeting tomorrow.

Oh, and the sex issue. I am feeling relieved that I'm not in a relationship right now, and so I don't have to manage that. The thought of it makes me quite nervous, so it's one less thing to worry about right now. Kind of refreshing to be happy I'm not in a physical relationship.

I need to get on the fitness forum for getting-back-into-exercise inspiration.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register