Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 - Page 45 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Unread 06-10-2007, 02:52 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Dear DC, When I wrote that very long letter, it was far from my intentions to hurt you or anyone else for that matter. I just wanted to make a clear and fair point to your remark regarding doctors and the way you feel you have been treated by them. I felt and still feel that your 'remark' on doctors having to rush people in and out of the operating theatre fast enough to go an play golf was a very unfair comment and not very nice at all. It doesn't mean that I do not simpathy with you for having to suffer so badly. Of course I do simpathy with you and I hope your health troubles are sorted out sooner rather than later, so you have no more suffering and can have quality life. However, knowing only too well how vocational and caring doctors are and placing myself on their position, I would most certainly, not have appreciate reading or hearing such remarks. Now, let's forget about those remarks as they happened yesterday and since yesterday is gone, we must look forward for today which is a new day and we in London, have a beatiful sunny and clear day. You ought to go the bottom of your health problem, regardless of whether the doctors round the area where you are knows each other, or not. If neccesary, go to the emergency department at your local hospital and make sure you don't leave the hospital until all neccesary tests are done and you get sorted once and for all. This is your health and life and you should not have to live miserably and in such pain, neither should you be suffering so badly. Keep insisting on having whatever tests are needed to be done in order to find the problem and put a solution to it as soon as possible. Changing the subject and this message now goes to all the hystersisters in the forum, how would you all feel if we were to organise a charity event and raise money to help the not so privilege to have their cancer treatment paid for in time to perhaps even save their lifes? I live in London and I believe that the same way as we (my adorable friends and I) have managed to organise, a Macmillan Cancer support dinner dance which will take place next Friday and in which event we are hoping to raise £5.000, if not more while having lots of fun at the same time, we can perhaps, organise a similar event together with you all in the USA. I could persuade my friends to join in and fly over to the USA where not only I would have the honour of meeting you all, but also we can together have lots of fun. Therefore, the location where the event may take place will not be a problem, it will just be a matter of when since we do work too and we will need to travel during our holiday. Would you not agreed with me that it's a wonderful idea and we should do something about it? it goes without say that the personal satisfaction we will all get from knowing that we have helped someone not so privilege and fortunate as us would be overwhelmed. The aim of the event must be to raise money to help the not so privilege, so the person or, the people can have the appropiate treatment sooner rather than later. God willing, we may also be able to find a cure for that horrendous killer once and for all. There are several ways in which a charity event can be organise and I am sure you all know how and where to go first. This is what I did. As soon as I come home from hospital, I contacted Macmillan Cancer support, asked for the legal paper work which is needed to show to the local shops owner that we were not economically benefiting ourselves, but on the contrary, we are trying to help someone out there who may not be so privilege to have private medical treatment, or for that matter, be able to have treatment at an earlier stage while supporting at the same time finding a cure to kill cancer once and for all. I took full advantages of the little, daily walks I was doing and asked the local shops for a donation. The response was overwhelmed and we now have very nice things to raffle, like a digital camera, an MP3, etc. We begun selling tickets at £25.00 per person for a live music and 4 courses dinner dance and although we have not managed to sell 150 seats, we are not doing too bad either. 85 tickets have already being sold. I have managed to sell just 30 which I feel is not sufficient, but taking into account how limited I have been the past 8 weeks, I feel incredibly satisfy with the results. My dearest friends have done incredibly well too. Drinks are to be pay by the people who are attending the dinner. The owner of the restaurant who is a friend of us, has very kindly agreed to the use of the restaurant free of charge which is a bonus as it has allowed us to sell tickets a bit cheaper than we would have been able to do so, if we were to pay for the location. We cannot longer have the full restaurant for us, but that is not a problem, I shall be chiqui enough to grab the microphone and persuade in a nice way, the people who would be dining and wining to buy raflle tickets. God willing, the will be happy to do so and we will raise even more money for Macmillan Cancer Suppport. Thanks to the generosity and kindness of the local shop's owners, we are now selling raffle tickets at £1.00 per number. You might think it's a lot of money to ask for a ticket raffle, but when we look into how much we are worth living healthily, £1.00 is just laughable. Besides, how much money do we all waste on things we don't really need, yet we do buy? Is there anyone out there willing to help organising such a wonderful event in between the two countries? I believe that although it's hard work getting money out of people, in particular when you will find that out there there are lots of people already doing different kinds of charity work, we can still do it. I must say, that it took a lot of persuasion from my part and I was a bit 'chiqui' on approaching the local shop's owners, but I have no regrets at all. giving the opportunity, I will do it all over again. It has simply paid off and that is all that matters to me. Anyone out there willing to join in such adventure? Hope you are all doing well and recover pretty soon. have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2007, 03:07 PM

dc - i havent the foggest idea why i have that pain - i was hoping that the surgeries i had would correct it- do you ever get anything similar to a charlie horse there? and how is sitting or riding in a car- to me i feel like there is constant pressure
Unread 06-13-2007, 06:35 AM

Ladies, now that you are more than 8 weeks post op, this progress thread has served its purpose and is no longer needed.

But don't stop here! Keep it going. Pass it on!

HysterSisters thrives because of the woman-to-woman support we offer to each other! Please venture out of your date group to help other women while you continue to receive support through new threads you start for your concerns.

Thank you for making a difference at Hystersisters.com with your "woman to woman" support and kindness.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register