Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Unread 04-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Jennifer, My surgery was also on the 10th. (LAVH) Today I removed the last of the steri strips from my incision site that is located in the middle of my abd. directly in line with my bellly button. No big deal, I thought- After getting dressed, my clothing would touch the scar and the pain was bad. It felt as though something was pulling on the incision site. The incision looks great, but I had to place a big bandaid over it so that nothing would rub against it and cause pain. Hang in there- you're not alone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2007, 10:47 AM

Hi girls!!

Today is day 7 for me. I am doing very well. I had a LSH w/ both tubes and ovaries removed. My left side does bother me a little. I don't take the pain med anymore, it makes me too drowsy. DR gave me Oxy-Contin, yuck! I am now only taking Motrin when I need it. DH has been taking care me very well, I want for nothing.
No discharge, hurts when I cough though. I tire easly. I only walk from the bedroom to the living room and back right now. I'll go outside tomorrow, the weather will be nice here finally

I am sending sending good thoughts out to everyone! I am so grateful I am doing so well and I hope it keeps up.

Take care,
Peggy
Unread 04-20-2007, 11:54 AM

Had my TAH and BSO Tuesday, April 10th and came home from the hospital Thursday morning. Surprised to find out I was super glued back together. Doing well, no problems.I feel much better than I thought I would feel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2007, 12:54 PM

Hi all,
Day 10. Feeling pretty good. Better than I thought I would. I drove for the first time today. Just a quicky. Post office, bank, fountain pepsi...

I was also given Oxy. I only take it at night occasionally now, it makes me sick during the day and I don't really need it. The only thing I'm worried about at this point is getting into my jeans with this big incision under the zipper!

Bride of Igor - I don't know where you are in Michigan, I'm near Monroe and it's a beautiful day for a walk outside!
Unread 04-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Word of caution...........

I had planned to take a trip to Austin today. It's about 3 1/2 hours from where I live. I only made it 15 mins into the trip...... No I wasn't driving. The vibrations from the car made the drive very uncomfortable. I never thought that a drive would be painful. Maybe I'm just a baby.
Other than that I'm doing pretty good. I only got about 3 hours of sleep lastnight. By far the least I have gotten since my surgery 7 days ago. I am still taking the pain meds because without them my tummy burns and I get sharp pains pretty low. The only time I have a significant amount of pain is when my bladder is full or during a bm. I'm not sure why I'm in pain when my bladder is full. I still tire out easily. I haven't had any night sweats but I am starting to have hot flashes. They aren't extreme but they are bad enough that my electric bill is going to be ridiculous. I'm so thankful for fans with remotes!
I pray everyone is recovering well and not having too much drama.
Unread 04-20-2007, 08:19 PM

Oh dear, I'm afraid I am having much more drama than I bargained for - from my gyn! I'll spare the details but you can check out my other thread today if interested ("Am I nuts?") - If I knew how to put in a link to it I would ;-). I am stressed out.

But, I am a writer, and thinking this might make good fodder for a future article - heck maybe a book!

Anyway - hotsister - I think I saw your post the other day about you taking a trip (I think it was you) and wondered how you were going to do it! I'm sorry you couldn't do it - but keep yourself pampered instead! I know I'm going to try to get back to that after my stressful day today!
Unread 04-20-2007, 08:45 PM

I am doing ok had a LAVH, I decided to keep my ovaries that morning before surgery. Surgery was about 2 1/2 hours. They managed my pain well, I had some breakthrough pain a times, but a shot would fix it. I was doing Diladid every 3 hours with percocet in between. I have some really bad pains that shoot through my lower abdomin and feel like some shoved a knife up my butt! Almost laborish at times I still can't figure that out. I had to have a foley 3 times after I came home because my bladder would wake up. I will post more when able but I still can't sit upright for long yet. 11 days, I guess i thought I would be feeling better.
Unread 04-20-2007, 09:25 PM

Hi ladies!

First, Raja273 - hope you're feeling better.

Day 10 for me & my spinal headache is FINALLY going away. Yea!! That's probably been the worst for me. That, & sorry if TMI, but having my final day of antibiotics for bronchitis on day of surgery plus antibiotic boost via IV for surgery, I ended up with a raging yeast infection 6 days post-op. That was horrible but it is now, too, resolving. I still am tickled to death that I did this! I look forward to the tiny steps of progress I make each day. I am doing my best not to over do it. My mom went home yesterday & I threw a little pity party for myself for awhile but am now over it. My family is so used to me doing for them & not the opposite so they are going to have to learn for the next few weeks. They let my mom just handle everything while she was here so we'll see how it goes. DS (18 yrs. old) has been wonderful in keeping tabs on me the last few days when no one else is here & he's not in school.

Hope everyone is having an WONDERFUL, pampering recovery! Remember - rest, water, walk!!!

Warm wishes,
Sue
Unread 04-21-2007, 04:45 AM
should I be this well?

I had a vaginal hysterectomy under spinal on the 11th of April and to be fair it took only 20 minutes and I have had worse experiences at my dentist. Within 48 hours I felt better than I ever had and especially after my re-section and fibroid removal last year. I have no loss PV and feel a bit of a fraud not doing all my regular things. I work as a midwife at the hospital where I had my surgery but don't feel my care was superior to any one else. Apart from having to work with my surgeon again soon in a professional capacity I have never felt better. I would strongly recommend this to anyone who has suffered with fibroids and heavy bleeding as I did.
Unread 04-21-2007, 09:36 AM

Well, I had my TAH on April 13th, and I finally feel like getting on the computer this morning. Things have went pretty good, I am on perocet or loratab (depending on my pain), and I am taking gas x (all the time!). I am also having some problem going to the bathroom, but we are working on that with stool softeners and lots of fiber.
My only problem now is that I have a place the left side of my incision that they think could be a herenia (sp). I have to go back to the dr. on Monday to find out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register