Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Unread 04-21-2007, 11:29 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Justjoan, it's great you are doing so well. I didn't know about the vaginal packing. I didn't have that, at least not after I woke up from surgery. Sounds like I got lucky. I can't imagine going 6 days without a bm. I'm in so much pain right now because I haven't been able to go today. Did you say grapes help with constipation? I'll try anything. I've taken fiber pills, metamucil, and a laxative today and nothing has helped. I think if I didn't have this issue I wouldn't have much pain at all.

I've probably overdone it again. A couple of my friends came by to visit and I was on my feet most of the time. You'd think I'd be sleeping right now but.......... wide awake. Not even an incling of tiredness.

Robinrn, so this bulging sore vein in my arm is from the phenergan they gave me at the er the other night? Good to know.

Glad Mis1875, Countrygal, Queenjp and DD are all doing well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2007, 01:00 AM

JustJoan,

I totally agree with you. I had packing & boy, was that a surprise coming out. It was like the energizer bunny - it kept going & going & going... The nurse even commented on how much there was. And, you're right - it was a little uncomfortable coming out. Not the worst thing I've ever been through though.

Everyone keep on healing!

Sue
Unread 04-22-2007, 06:20 AM

HI All,
My surgery on Monday (April 16th) went well. I had everything removed, a scar from hip-to-hip, and an extended abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). My doctor was also nice enough to slap a hormone patch on my tush so that I don't feel any hormonal complications/effects at this time!

I was up and walking on Tuesday, and home by Thursday morning. I have been walking, sitting up, and playing cards on my sunny back deck thus far!

I have also been drinking lots of water and taking colace (a stool softener), and have been poopng regularly sice coming home (well, kind of regular, I do need to sit for about 10 minutes to "finish"). My biggest problem is not being able to reach my tush to properly wipe myself (I am wearing a binder, and it is difficult as well as painful to try to reach my backside) - any suggestions other than calling my Mom to come over?!?!?

All in all, I am feeling much better than I anticipated pre-op (this was my first ever surgery - I was so scared). The anesthesia/morphine drip made me throw up post-op, but since getting off the meds, I feel so much better.

My biggest complaint right now is a lower back ache and neck ache from sleeping on a lounge/recliner chair. Hopefully I will be back in my bed soon!

Best wishes to all!
Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2007, 08:37 AM

sjs 67, I know this may sound funny, but when my dad had to have a body cast on and couldn't quite reach his backside to wipe. The easiest thing for him was to take the toilet brush, and stack a ton of paper on it and then use that to wipe with.. I bet it looked funny but he said it was the only way he could do it..hehe.. hope that helps? countrygal
Unread 04-22-2007, 09:02 AM

1hotsister - Try canned peaches. I read it on this site somewhere - the day after I happened to have eaten some - and it worked for me. Of course, now I've had several days of diarrhea - but I don't think that's the peaches ;-). Anyway - canned peaches apparently have something in them (I would bet pectin) that help with constipation.

I can't sleep either. I am getting about 7 hrs a night - that's after sleeping late - I can sleep OK in the late morning - my usual rhythm - but I can't get to sleep before 3am to save my life - I am exhausted. Usually, I need 10-11 hrs nightly. I feel tired - but can't sleep. Very annoying. I really don't want to add sleeping pills to my medicine cabinet of concoctions at this point! yuk. I have tried not to nap during the day - thinking that was keeping me awake at night. Yesterday my dd and her dh came to visit - a really nice change since I have been alone mostly while dh is working - but just sitting up - talking, laughing, walking more - I think wore me out. I am really sore and tired. Still was up till nearly 4 am. Also I may change my name from windyhill to whinyhill ;-) - but I certainly enjoy having a place to vent - I try to be cordial to dh and all - he is doing so much!
Unread 04-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Incision pain

My incisions (had LAVH too) don't hurt much. I have one in my bellybutton, on on each side and one right at the pelvic area. I don't have any real pain in them or lumps except if I reach or walk too much they pull some and occasionally I'll get a sharp pain. The only place that hurts much now is on both sides, not the incisions themselves, but inside. Almost feels like ovulation pain (but I also had a BSO so that can't be it). I presume it is just healing pains. I feel REALLY good today so I am having to force myself to take it easy. Hope all of you are healing well and blessings to you all of you!

Unread 04-22-2007, 03:39 PM
I thought laughter was the best medicine?

Went out with friends last night to end of year bowling banquet. I had two drinks all night but laughed so hard with my friends that I knew was gonna pay for it because it hurt so bad to laugh like that! Was a great stress relief but I am soooo sore today! Left side of abdomen and back are very sore.Also am super tired and can barely function today. How come there are no warnings about laughing too hard? lol When I got home I was so exhausted that I felt almost feverish, like a low-grade temp.
I have learned my lesson! No more laughter for me. Gonna go rent a tear-jerker movie...
Hope you all are doing ok--keep pampering the Princess and remember that laughter can be hazardous to your health!!!
Jennifer
Unread 04-22-2007, 04:09 PM

It has been forever since I have been here but I finally get to check in. I am 10 days post op and things are wonderful! DH thinks I have lost my mind because I insisted on going to the job site with him 3 days last week (did not do ANYTHING) just stood and watched and when i got tired, I climbed in the truck and took a nap. I work with a bunch of guys who are a bit rough around the edges but they treat me like gold on a regular basis and this past week have gone above and beyond. DH left on road trip today and now my mother wants me to go to the mall with her tomorrow. Oh well.

I have had very little pain, but tire very easily. Wednesday night I was asleep by 730 and slept almost 12 hours, and am experiencing some minor discharge...tinting is what the Dr is calling it. My bowels...well I finally figured out what it means to go on a regular basis and am now going 2 times a day...ususally after meals. Strange feeling, since before surgery I was lucky to go once a week. No pain pills at all, an occasional Tylenol. The biggest struggle is that I feel so good, I want to go and do everything I was doing before surgery. But if I try to do anything I am not supposed to be doing, the tinting gets brighter. One thing though, I thought was a bit weird, I don't seem to have the appetite I did before and have no desire to eat like a horse anymore. Plus I lost 14 pounds since the surgery. Kind of strange, I guess.

I have not had any hormonal issues, they left both ovaries, thank goodness...just missing DH and wishing I was on the road with him.

Thank you ladies for letting me ramble and for being the support that I needed...it is so nice to have people who truly understand what I am going through.
Unread 04-22-2007, 04:43 PM
happy to hear the happy news from you last few posters....

Once again, i overdid it but I still don't have any bleeding or discahrge, just "feel" it more, if you know what I mean. I too have noticed that my appitite has definately seemed tamed however, I GAINED 10 #'s in spite of not really eating much. My stomach is huge! I look 6 months pregnant!!! i suspect it is that swelly belly but it is hard to cope with. And of course, i can't exercise like I normally do in order to make myself feel like I am doing something for it. How about the rest of you? I had lost 20# before the surgery and still have 30# I want to lose so this 10#'s seems like a slap in the face. Well, I have to admit that I feel better tho and I am trying not to be impatient! I have swimming as being something I could do soon. Does your doctors allow that? Well, if you are like me, I am looking at another Sunday where I am NOT getting ready for work Monday! Have a good recovery day/night everyone!
Unread 04-23-2007, 07:08 AM

My DH is feeling the pinch financially wise this week. Not only did our gas bill come up but our insurance is due this week. And so he's not real happy with the money that's having to go out.. Miss my part time income. But told hubby I'll have my check up (2 week) one next monday.. He just said, so, the doc won't release you to go back to work yet anyway. So I know he's a little worried. But I told him I was trying to heal as quickly as I can. Kinda ***** not being able to do a whole lot yet. In the mornings when haven't had any ibprofen for awhile I feel the incision pain from the vaginal but not feeling too bad otherwise.. Thanks for being there and listening..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register