When it rains, it pours | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When it rains, it pours When it rains, it pours

Unread 04-10-2007, 10:41 PM
When it rains, it pours

I shoulda known better. First NSDH brings home a baby bunny a week before my surgery. Ok, I cope with that. Then I "assume" I'm having a RA flare since my back goes out. Start back on the prednisone. This afternoon I notice my throat is very sore on the right side and voila! My lymph glands are swollen to the point that the right one is visible to the naked eye. And then, to add insult to injury, I start running a fever. 99.8. Great, just marvelous. My surgery is 6 days away, my hospital pre-op is Thursday and I'm getting sick.
So it's off to doc in the box tomorrow morning at 7:00 to see if I can quickly get on antibiotics and hopefully knock down my white blood cell count before my labs on Thursday. I'm preparing myself mentally now for the call I get from my gyn Thursday afternoon telling me I can't have the surgery.
I can't win for losing. :burning:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2007, 11:24 PM
When it rains, it pours

Hi there! Hope you are feeling better!!
I had to reply to your post because I can somewhat relate to all your things popping up. My surgery is Monday the 16th also and I am sick as a dog with a fever 101 , congestion, wheezing -cough and cannot breathe at all. Went to my Internist yesterday for an antibiotic. Hasn't worked yet. Had my pre-op today and the Dr. said we will plan to do it unless I have a really high fever or I am just not breathing well. Right now I am up past midnight eating spicy salsa to try to open up my nose so I can use my cpap. And then to the Rheumatologist on Thurs. for all the other issues. Sometimes it really does pour!!!! I do understand how you feel. I just want this all over!!! I am drained, exhausted and sick! I really feel like I may reschedule. My sisters are nurses and say you should be really well when you go into surgery especially. Hope you feel much better!! Let me know how you are doing.
Take care of yourself!
Michelle in Atlanta
Unread 04-11-2007, 12:32 AM
When it rains, it pours

Michelle,
THANK YOU. You've relieved my mind just a bit with you being sick as well. I've got that dreaded hacking cough too. We're certainly a pair, are we not? Here's hoping to really fast-acting drugs so we can go on with our lives.
Right now, me thinks I'm gonna have some ice cream. Not the best for my throat but boy, it will feel good going down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 07:18 AM
When it rains, it pours

I got a bit of a cold a week or so before my hyst and was given meds by my dr. He told me that unless I was running a fever or not breathing well enough, surgery would proceed. The meds did the trick and all went as planned for me. I hope that it all goes well for you too. Just remember that your health is very important, if surgery has to be postponed, you're worth the wait

S S
Unread 04-11-2007, 08:41 AM
When it rains, it pours

Well OF COURSE I just got diagnosed with strep throat and acute bronchitis this morning. My gyn is not in the office (on rounds) so they will have to check with him to find out if surgery will have to be cancelled. I could just rip my throat out.
Off to the pharmacy to get my meds. It just figgers.
Unread 04-11-2007, 10:40 AM
When it rains, it pours

yep, cancelled. he refuses to do it that close to me being done with my meds on Sunday. next possible date is May 14th and they haven't checked with the hospital yet so who knows. oh well. life goes on. honestly, I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be. must be this codeine cough syrup, lol.
Unread 04-11-2007, 03:11 PM
When it rains, it pours

Sorry to hear that. I've had that same fear this week. My daughter has strep. I've tried to stay away, but she's 7. So far so good I haven't gotten it or a fever. I hope they can reschedule your surgery and that you feel better soon. My surgery is scheduled for the 18th of April.
Unread 04-11-2007, 03:33 PM
When it rains, it pours

My dd has JRA and she had problems with her lymphnoid in her neck too. Anytime she gets an injury (esp to a joint area) or an infection swelling travels through her settling in her joints. She had to be hospitalized for her lymphnoid it got so bad. I have 4 dd and have been holding my breath that I don't get something from them! 2 of 4 have colds right now. Hysterectomy is Friday - crossing fingers and toes! Good luck to you!
Unread 04-11-2007, 04:10 PM
When it rains, it pours

Stay well and Best of Luck to you!!!
Unread 04-11-2007, 04:23 PM
When it rains, it pours

to you. Hang in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register