Cat Scan results | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cat Scan results Cat Scan results

Unread 04-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Cat Scan results

Hello- this past weekend I had a severe gallbladder attack along with a passing of a kidney stone. The pain was so bad that I couldn't help but think that maybe ...."It's Back"? The ER took extra care after hearing about my cancer history. I was given a series of blood work and a cat scan. The dr then called my oncologist, who wanted to see me with all the test results. So...off I left the ER with vicodam and antibotics due to what looked to be a urinary track infection. The next day I took the trip 2 hrs to see my oncogist, who at first took my hand and said "There is no cancer, there is no cancer, there is no cancer." I felt like I was in a soap oper, and yes he said it 3 times to me.(It's so wonderful and a blessing) Here's the problem...the gallbladder and the kidney stone that erupted over the weekend and last 3 days,...and I mean 3 HARD days of constant pain. I still need to go for some more tests to determine what to do about the gallbadder. I am grateful for the ER who took special care of what tests to run and communicated directly with my oncologist. This was the best day ever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Cat Scan results

Hi Tina

Well it is always good news to hear that we do not have cancer :-)

I hope that they can figure out what to do about the gallbladder. My hope that is that it always resolves itself on it's own, but also know that a gallbladder surgery is no where near as bad as a hysterectomy. I am glad that the pesky little kidney stone has passed too (that can be some of the worst pain out there).

Isn't it wonderful to have someone that is able to contact your oncologist too. Everytime I can my gyn/onc office I know that I have several days to wait until I get an answer. Bless you ONC for reasurring you so well :-)

Take care,
Jan
Unread 04-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Cat Scan results

HI Jan.......guess what? That was my second attack since December 2006. I really don't want to have the surgery, but well see....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Cat Scan results

Hi Tina,

What great news this isn't cancer. Even if you have to have your gallbladder out, it is still better than being told it was cancer back. I know several people who have had their g/b out and did just fine and healed fairly quickly.

Good luck with the gallbladder. And congratulations that cancer didn't return! Hang in there!

Hugs
SA
Unread 04-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Cat Scan results

Such great news, Tina! So happy there's no cancer. Sounds like you've got a wonderful oncologist. He's a keeper!

Best,
Unread 04-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Cat Scan results

Tina,
OMG, you must have been SOOOO scared and in SOOOO much pain!!! I'm so sorry that you had these days of torture.

Gallbladder surgery was really a piece of cake. One day in the hospital, and a day at home in bed. The following day I went out to dinner and was driving by the next day. Within a week, I was completely back to 100% normal. It was nothing.

Gallbladder acts up following meals of high fat. I was snacking on cheese when I had my first attack. It went on for several hours and I couldn't believe the pain. My internist sent me for tests and it was obvious that I had gallstones. I had to watch my fat intake until I could have the surgery. No more than 10 gms of fat at any meal and I was ok. After surgery, you can eat anything, anytime. If you watch your fat, carefully, you may never have another attack, and can avoid surgery. If you'd rather not do that for the rest of your life, I'd recommend surgery. It's such an easy surgery, with such a short recovery time.

I know nothing about kidney stones, other than that they are VERY painful. It's totally amazing, and awful bad luck, to have both a gallbladder attack, and kidney stones, at the same time!!!! But either, or both, of those is better than cancer!

Hugs and loves,
Janie
Unread 04-13-2007, 09:11 AM
Cat Scan results

That happened to my husband in December.He was dx with bladder CA 3 years ago and in December he had horrible pain, went to ER , they did a CT scan and showed a stone. Even though the CT scan was done without contrast, they were able to see that there were no swollen lymph nodes anywhere which is one of the first signs of CA re-occurance.
Make sure to keep drinking plenty of fluids to keep those kidneys flushed out so you dont get anymore stones.
Unread 04-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Cat Scan results

Thanks everyone for your insights. I will follow up next week with a sonogram.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register