Fun Friday the 13th of April | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fun Friday the 13th of April Fun Friday the 13th of April

Unread 04-13-2007, 05:55 AM
Fun Friday the 13th of April

Good Morning Sleepyheads. I'm never the first. Have a great day everyone!!! I don't see anyone else on so don't think I'll collide with anyone. The sun is shining for a change here!! And it's payday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2007, 06:23 AM

where is everyone?? It's past 8 am already in Eastern Daylight Time - only Nanno has dragged herself out of bed? Just kidding, I know everyone is :run3: and has plenty to do.

Hi Nanno, the sun is shining here, too, but I'm told the weather is not over yet, and thunderstorms will soon terrorize my and they will sleep on our heads. These are not small dogs, either.

Today I will load up boxes that my mother sent here and have been sitting in our living room for a year, and will let her decide what she wants to give away and what she wants to sell for a bit of $$. My office is having a yard sale next week with all proceeds going to charity, so I'll take everything to work and get it out of the way. My aunt wants DH LT to do something for him, but she has alienated him completely, so I have the instructions and I'll do it. Hmm. Better take : before I go there.

Off to s and start the day. Will have cheerios or a Fiber One bar for breakfast. Lunch is unknown, depends upon where I am, and dinner will be chicken with salad and some other stuff with my parents. Happy day to all,
Desk
Unread 04-13-2007, 06:32 AM

Good morning Nanno, Desk and all the other sleepy heads,
I have been up since 5:30a, getting DS off to school and just puddling around. Having my tea, banana and meds now.
Supposed to be a hot one here today and tomorrow (in the 90's) and then a cool down into the 70's Sunday. I will need to walk soon before it get too hot.
Yesterday you were talking about hot flashes and sweats - I was an instant menopause as soon as I started my breast cancer treatments - they weren't sure if I would stay in menopause or come out of it - stayed in it - started having hot flashes right away so my oncologist put me on very low dose effexor for about 6 months and then took me off - hot flashes never came back. Have not had any problems since my hyst and it has been 5 months - doctor didn't think I would.
Well I'm off and running - I will post later when I decide on lunch and dinner.
Have a great day.
Lynn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2007, 07:04 AM

Good Morning Everyone!
It must be that kind of a day. I've been up a long time. Paying bills, paying Uncle Sam and getting banking ready to go. Now off for a quick shower, then it's Curves, my walk and I need to feed my birds and squirrels. I got food for them yesterday but didn't feel like filling the feeders in the pouring rain.

Hi Nanno, Desk and Lynn! And Hi's to all that follow.

Melissa..I saw that on the news last night. I hope he's doing ok this morning.

Have a BEST OP day! I'll check back after my errands.

The sun is shining here!
Unread 04-13-2007, 10:29 AM

hiya!

Sorry I've been MIA, just been soooo busy this past week.
I'm officially on holiday now until the 23 April, so that's 9 days of rest and catching up on everything!
The new pooter is up and running, I'm on a steep learning curve here!

Weight loss has been maintained, I've been on my bike almost every day, got a route planned its around 1.7miles round trip, which is just enough for now

We're having spaghetti bolognese for dinner tonight, had an egg sandwich, strawberry yoghurt and a banana for lunch, and wholemeal toast for breakfast.

Belated congrats on the birth of your grandson, Emily. I bet he's gorgeous!! Give him a big (well, cuddle) from me!

Nancy, the weather's gorgeous here, has been all week and will be all this coming week!

Got to go and pick DD up, see you all later!
Have a lovely day!
Unread 04-13-2007, 11:54 AM

Good Afternoon BEST friends. Still a pretty day today but very windy so not as warm as it could be. I think some other states are having rougher weather so i'll take the wind.

Nancy....you must be the wizard adding the 13th...You can tell morning is not my most astute time of day. I had to think of a name and you'd have thought I would have been able to come up with that. Nights are kind of hard for me (lots of pain) and then I'm kind of foggy in the am naturally and because of pain meds

Melissa....I've also heard now about the Governor. I wil pray also he will have a full recovery.

Desk....I enjoy your posts. You seem like such a no-nonsense person that jumps right into your day

Lynn....We here in frozen tundra would love you to ship some of that hot air up here

Well, I've started to become curious what everyone looks like. Of course, in my minds eye, you are all beautiful!!! BUT I'd love to see photos of each of you. So, BEST friends, anyone out there who hasn't posted some photos, please consider it. PPPPLLLLEEEASE.

Fran...Billy is sooooo cute and looks EXACTLY like his little name. You are, of course, cute as well

I hope my BEST friends will consider this assignment... and share their family photos!!!
Unread 04-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Smile - Fun Friday the 13th of April Fun Friday the 13th of April

Hi everyone, I don't get a chance to write everyday so I'll just say I think this has been a good week. Been op everyday with food and exercise, I do some exercise every day that I eat (that comes from Richard Simmons). I live way out in the country on 20 acres so don't want to drive into town to do exercise, I have various DVDs and tapes to do. I did the biggest loser low impact last night plus a walk. Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to play 18 holes of golf with DH, so far,since surgery, I've only been doing 9 holes. I always walk and carry my bag which weighs about 25 pounds. Hope everyone has a great day. Lorri
Unread 04-13-2007, 02:21 PM

Hi Everybody!

I was up at 6:00 this morning to get DS's off on a school trip, and then I decided to visit my parents and do some cleaning there. I can't leave our little dog here as we are renting, and I've been told he cries for me when I'm gone. So...off we went together. I bought a new vacuum this week and it's very heavy. Tried it out at my parents', and my back is killing me. I have an Oreck (12 years) and it decided "enough is enough"...they are much lighter, so I was spoiled. Maybe the new one will be a muscle builder! Also walked the dog while I was there...so a little exercise. Food not so OP, but that's not unusal there...take in a little less the rest of the day.

Nanno...I'm happy to know that I'm beautiful in your mind's eye. I think I should stay there. Enjoy pay day...don't spend it all in one place (unless it's a shoe store, or clothing store or furniture store or a spa or......LOL)
Nancy...Can't remember if I said this yesterday...so glad you're headache is gone and you're feeling better!! We had to help feed the govenment today too. I'll join you:
Fran...Hello Stranger!! We've missed you! Glad you're doing well!! ON!!
Lynn...It WORKED! You kicked warmer weather up here again (10 degrees) THANK YOU!
Lovesdogsandgolf...You can play golf in Montana now? I would have thought it would still be snowy there? Enjoy!
Desk....When I was a teacher, I would go into the school at 6 am. I LOVED the peace and quiet. Sometimes I would work, sometimes I would just sit, sometimes mentally prepare for the day. Great stuff! We are also sorting and boxing and sorting and boxing and.......
Anne... I love to put Butter Buds on my sweet potatoes. Some of the ladies here enjoy brown sugar, but I am trying to cut way back on sugars...I'm addicted to them. I have a simple recipe for whipped sweet potatoes...I'll PM you with it.
Yvonne...I'm thinking of you today and wondering what your decision will be. Either way, it'll be great!
Melissa...You've inspired me! The garage gets cleaned this weekend!! (DH is so pleased...NOT!! LOL!)

I'll go back and see if I missed anyone from yesterday. I'm scattered today!

Have a GREAT day ALL,
PJ
Unread 04-13-2007, 04:02 PM

Hi ladies! Just a quick stop in to say HI!!!!!!!! and let you all know that I MUST get back on the OP wagon starting Monday as I know that I must have gained weight here at my DD's. Walked some but water was way low. Really enjoying my grandson but we are coming home tomorrow as it is time to let them be own there own. I will miss Aaron especially since I will not see him again until Memorial day weekend for his Christening. I will be skinnier by then, I hope!~ I really missed Curves this week!

I tried to keep up with some of your posts but will do better when I get home. Congrats, love and s to you all and thanks for all of the well wishes! Lorri!

Aaron's Gram( aka Emily)
Unread 04-13-2007, 06:55 PM

Good evening all Best friends I worked 6:45am-7:15pm in ICU. Three 12 hour nurses from ICU called in sick today It was a busy day. We worked 1 person short. Water was OP today 136 ounces. Food was OP
Before work: banana, cup light chocolate soy milk, cup coffee w/cream & sugar.
Snack: soy yogurt.
Lunch: tossed salad w/mixed greens, cucumbers, zucchini, carrots, grape tomatoes, tunafish, ff ranch dsg. some kashi crackers.
Snack: Kashi bar
Supper: tossed salad w/mixed greens, cucumbers, zucchini, carrots, grape tomatoes, eggsalad, ff ranch dsg, some kashi crackers.
Snack: detox tea.
I didn't get a walk in today cause it was too busy.
I work 12 hours again tomorrow. I already have my food packed for the day. Food tomorrow is the same as what I had today. I'm hoping to get at least one 15minute walk in tomorrow.
I didn't have to make a decision about my job yet cause the director of nursing wasn't there today. And of course she won't be there all weekend. And of course Monday is suppose to be a big storm, so I don't know if she'll make it in then. I'll try to call her Monday and if not I'll see her at work again Tuesday. I have a few more questions to ask her, but I think I'm probably going to take the position. It's a good opportunity for me. Once I start I think I'll like it.

Emily: It sounds like you're enjoying that little one

PJ: Hello. You're doing so good. Keep up the good work.

Lorri: Good job exercising. Keep up the good work.

Nanno: If I can figure out how to post pictures I'll try.

Fran: Have a nice vacation. And keep on riding that bicycle.

NancH: I had to pay Uncle Sam today too :burning: Its a bummer.

Lynn: 90's! Thats just not fair. We have a big storm coming Sunday into Monday.

Desk: I was at work at 6:35am! I wanted to post before heading out the door, but didn't have time. You did a good job walking today.

Nanno: No sun here today, but it was payday

I hope everyone has a good OP day tomorrow. I'll try to check in tomorrow morning before heading to work.
If not I'll check in tomorrow night.
bye,
Yvonne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register