mesh erosion | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-13-2007, 12:17 PM
mesh erosion

anyone have any stories they can share about mesh erosion? I'm having isssues with the proplene mesh eroding and wondering what others have experienced with this.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2007, 12:32 PM
mesh erosion

lotsofrkls, I am sorry you are having this problem, too. Many {{{HUGS}}} to you.
There are quite of few of us on this forum who have experienced mesh erosion. If you do a search on the forum, you will find many posts.
1--Go to the main page of the forum.
2--Click on the purple search bar at the top right of the posts column that says "Search This Forum".
3--Type in "erosion".
You will find the posts listed in order of the most recent and on back.

I personally had erosion of the mesh used in the anterior repair of my cystocele with my original HYST back in 6/05. I had 3 surgeries to remove it with this last the most extensive (taking out nearly all of what was left).

I hope you find the information you need here. Sending along some positive vibes.......

OrahDeb
Unread 04-13-2007, 01:01 PM
mesh erosion

how are you doing now? and how much was eroded for them to want to remove it? soooo sorry to hear the problems you have had. I wish the dr.'s were more up front about all thesse issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2007, 06:59 PM
mesh erosion

Hi Lotsofrkls,
Like OrahDeb, I'm a M.E.S.S (Mesh Erosion SisterS). I had a polypropolene (Pelvitex) mesh repair in April last year. I was never pain free, diagnosed with erosion 3 months later. I had a small portion of the eroded mesh removed in October after treatment with Premarin cream failed. Still no improvement with pain I was then diagnosed with an inflammatory reaction to the mesh which was thought to be caused by an allergic reaction to the mesh. (The test results were inconclusive) I had 90% of the mesh removed in January. I have had a lot of improvement but still having daily pain. My Gyn and Uro/Gyn are not sure why but I suspect it may be due to scar tissue or maybe adhesions.
What kind of symptoms are you having? Was your mesh repair done in Jan 06 with the hysterectomy?
Michelle
Unread 04-14-2007, 08:38 AM
mesh erosion

i had a hysterectomy and cystocele repair (no mesh to support the bladder the just stiched up the vagina and put it back in place and tehy put the sparc sling in ....that failed in about 3 months...so then i s 11/06 i had the mesh put in and TVT..I thought things were fine. I mean i did have a perlvice hematoma and suffered fevers for about 6 weeks until the collection of blood drain. BUt no other problems..i went for what I thought would be my last follow up appt. and she said she saw some "wirey pieces of the mesh" poking into my vagina. I never felt it and neither did my husband. Os she clipped it out in the office...she said no sex for 2 weeks , so when we didfinally do it, my husband was being scratched by something. I decided to try and feel what he felt and Oh my gosh! i feel alot of it stickingt hrough. or at least i feel like it's alot. I go back to the dr. tuesday morning. We'll see what she say. I'm just over it.
THanks for sharing your story with me. I hope the pain gets better. Do they give you pain pills for it? I can't imagine living in pain on a daily basis. so far no real pain I'm just aware of the fact that something is just not right.
Unread 04-14-2007, 09:01 AM
mesh erosion

Ouch.. that sounds so bad. My surgeon told me that their practise were seeing a lot of problems with mesh, reactions, erosion etc. and so they simply do not do mesh surgery except for the bladder sling surgery which he says is a mesh but it dissolves and scar tissue forms in it's place which does the job of stopping the urinary incontinence, that is what I am having and the part of my surgery the urogyn will be performing.

I truly hope that this works out as well as possible for you, it sounds awful and if it were me I would be devastated, please let us know how it goes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register