Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007 - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007

Unread 04-30-2007, 06:41 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkbell
Thanks everyone, it is sure nice to have you all to chat with. I live in a house full of boys. They are all wondeful but this isn't something I want to talk to them about. I am thankful you are all out there for me.
My bladder doesn't feel full but when I go it hurts clear up in my back. I know this will pass but, it is hard to not think that there is something seriously wrong. How can your bladder be so affected with a cath for one night. Plus, why doesn't your doctor warn you about this? Seems like there is a lot unsaid prior to a H. It would have been a heck of a lot easier knowing about this site preop. Heck like I said my surgeon said I would be grocery shopping by day three. Thankfully my doctor informed me different. Well I hope you all are having a restful day.
Lovetoshop67 - I understand the wanting to get out. Make sure your listening to your body and don't over do... TexasJewel - have you tried using the flushable wipes, I had two thombros hemroids prior to surgery that had to be removed and my only saving grace was the flushables that had witch hazel in them. I feel for you!
Take care......
Tinkbell, thanks for the suggestion on the wipes.....but yes, that is one of the first things I asked my husband to pick up for me. If it hadn't been for those wipes I'd be worse than I am. I think I will call my colorectal surgeon today and talk with his office. I would feel really good if I didn't have the constant urge to poop (sorry TMI) and pee every time I get up. I know my colon hasn't worked for 8 months and I'm so glad that it is now but this has got to slow down. At least so I can hold it like a normal person. Anyway, I feel really good other than that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 07:03 AM

I am 8 days post op from my TVH, and I think I am finally starting to feel a little better. The main problems I am having are the feeling like I am going to have a panic attack, although I was able to stop one from happening yesterday....and worrying about complications...I have always been a worry wart, and I have a big fear of blood clots. I am trying to get up and walk around as much as I can, but I still can't stop worrying about it...I talked to my surgeon and told her of my fear and she tried to reassure me and said that clots are more likely to happen after an TAH than a TVH. I think she was just trying to make me feel better though. I am still having some pretty bad hot flashes too...If I could turn off my worrying brain, I would feel alot better...LOL
Unread 04-30-2007, 07:03 AM

I had a TAH/BSO on 4/20 and I'm still pretty sore,still taking a few painpills a day.I am doing much better then I was I also had my intestines attched to my cervix and thanks to Endometriosis on my Appendix had that removed also. I did start taking Premarin 0.3 mg. and I feel O.K. just a little board it can get a little depressing, not being able to do anything, who would thought that I would miss cleaning! My back hurts from sitting around so much. Oh well we are all on our way to feeling so much better, Good Luck to all!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 07:57 AM

Texasjewel, I pray today brings you comfort and assistance from your doc. It is awful trying to heal from more than one procedure. Wish I had better answers for you. I was also told that the Tucks Medicatated pads help ease pain. You simply use them like a pad in that area. Not sure if it works though. Maybe ask the doctor about it. Best of healing today!
Unread 04-30-2007, 12:03 PM

Surgery on 18th, LAH?, and cystecel, rectocel. pretty much easy pain, except getting up and going to bathroom and sleeping. overdid it already...
Unread 04-30-2007, 01:04 PM

Geez there were alot of posts to catch up on! Kudos to you guys who are feeling nearly 100%..that's AWESOME!!! For those who aren't sleeping well, my doc LOVES me and gave me a script for Lunesta...a little sleep really does make a heck of a difference in how you feel.

Now a little update. I'm on day 4 of the Zpack and feel so much better. I think this is how most of you felt on days 3 and 4. I'm able to move around and do some light chores like putting away laundry. I did go from no pain to quite a bit of pain, but that's primarily from the coughing. Ladies, the ER treats you like a piece of meat compared to how we were treating by the hospital proper. It was the most humiliating experience of my life and I pray none of us has to go through that. They thought, at first, that I had congestive heart failure and hooked me up to all these cardiac machines. I begged to use the restroom, bedpan...anything...and they declined. I begged for a pillow for my tummy...once again, nothing. So I messed up my insides with all the coughing and ended up wetting myself TWICE. OMG...at that point, I was in such agony and so humiliated that I just laid there and cried for 3 hrs. Finally, I was taken for a cat scan and there was this sweetheart there who took one look at me and ordered morphine, cleaned me up, changed me into a dry gown and asked me what all had happened. The whole time I was trying to talk (remember..still can't breathe properly) she's stroking my hair and another nurse is putting warm blankets under my knees, head and shoulders...then they gave me one for my tummy. Those two angels took every bit of stress off my belly and helped me to feel human again. My doc will be filing a complaint on my behalf. I went from taking no pain meds to needing 2 percodan every 3-4 hrs just to handle the pain from all that coughing without protection.

I am taking it easy now...just moving from the sofa to the bed and vice versa. Today will be the first time I attempt to shave my legs, so wish me luck...LOL! The coughing is much better and the crud is definitely coming up, so I should be on my way to catching up to all you beauties pretty soon. <3

Have any of you noticed a significant decline in your appetite?
Unread 04-30-2007, 01:05 PM

Today is Day 14 for me. I'm still a little sore and moving very slowly. I feel pretty good as long as I do nothing. Haha... I'm just trying to do little things and not overdo it. We went out to dinner Saturday night and I was in bed most of Sunday.

This is my second surgery since February. This one was almost 2 months exactly after the first. I had much worse pain the second time around, probably because of opening up the incision again. But I never really recovered fully after the first so I'm optimistic that this time I will be healing up for good and kissing all the pain and discomfort good-bye!!

I thought I had a bladder infection last week. I went for a urinalysis and the doctor gave me an antibiotic, but I dont think the culture ever grew anything. The antibiotic actually made me feel better though. I could tell when I took it, some of the pressure and the urgency was relieved. I'm almost finished with it now so we'll see how I feel when its all gone.

Just take your time girls and do things one little bit at a time. Some times I feel pressured to get well quick but I'm taking care of me!!! You all do the same!!
Unread 04-30-2007, 01:27 PM

Well, today is day 10 post-op for me. I think today was my turning point. I feel wonderful. Went to work today for about 4 hours. Its about a 15 minute drive and I sit at a desk so that was no problem. I thought when I came home I would need a nap but I am wide awake. Still have some gas from last night but not as bad. Was feeling kinda frisky last night but only in my dreams. DH says thats not good cause you still got 5 weeks to go. I am down a total of 5 lbs from the date of my surgery which I am thrilled about as I had 7 to lose from the winter binge. I hope all of you are feeling good today and continue to get stonger each day.
Unread 04-30-2007, 03:11 PM

Lovetoshop, you are so very lucky. Last night was my first night since surgery with out meds. Woke at 1:00am and felt like I needed to walk around, then went back to bed. Today I feel pretty good but not good enough to go back to work (Teach 2nd grade). I did call my doc. because it still kills to pee. Do you have that problem at all? He thinks I might need to see a uralogist. I sure hope not since January I have had to thombros Hemroids removed and two knee surgeries I honestly don't think my family of boys needs anymore issues. I would kill to feel like you! Congrats on hitting your turning point. You have given me hope that it will happen for me soon. Best wishes.
Unread 04-30-2007, 03:45 PM
7 days today

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoshop67
Well, today is day 10 post-op for me. I think today was my turning point. I feel wonderful. Went to work today for about 4 hours. Its about a 15 minute drive and I sit at a desk so that was no problem. I thought when I came home I would need a nap but I am wide awake. Still have some gas from last night but not as bad. Was feeling kinda frisky last night but only in my dreams. DH says thats not good cause you still got 5 weeks to go. I am down a total of 5 lbs from the date of my surgery which I am thrilled about as I had 7 to lose from the winter binge. I hope all of you are feeling good today and continue to get stonger each day.
I have been really active my hormones areworking good. 3rd day after surg i was wanting to be intimate. I know the Dr. said nothing in, but he never said my honey couldnt rub on me, it was great , i can still have orgasms and he was taken care of too, i am glad all that still works. I had hyster, kept ovaries, and rectocele repair. I am very active 53 year old. I have been walking 1/4 mile each day , not all at once. I did go off my meds to soon, and take them ever so often now. Today my bottom hurts. My bedroom aand laundry is in the basement. So i have been doing stairs(spiral) ever since i got home,many times a day. It has not hurt me. I really focus on not lifting, bending, and reaching.I am a really fast walker, and this is the first time i tell my husband too slow down, ususally i am the one walking too fast. I wonder who has gotten on their bike, how soon after surg. I know its too soon yet. I have a recumbent. Its harder to ride. I would say maybe 5 weeks. I do hand weights, 5lb. I wonder if i could use them sitting down and not reach above the head. At my age if i quit useing it for to long, you lose it real fast.
Glad your recovery is good and back at work. Dont over due it, your body will sure tell you if you do.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register