Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007 - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007

Unread 04-30-2007, 04:38 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007

Well I did call my surgeon today about my frequent bowel movements and he said this is pretty normal. Also said that because I had my gall bladder removed that that also could attribute to what I am experiencing. Has anyone had their gall bladder out and that affected BM's? I know that lots of times people end up with diarrhea but that is not my problem. Mine is normal (which I'm not knocking as I went 8 months with a temporary colostomy because of a ruptured colon due to Diverticulitis) but it is just the frequency urge. My hiney is like a boil. My husband is going to pick up some kind of cream that I'm hoping will help with that and some more wipes.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 05:04 PM
sore hiney

same problem and the urge to go all the time. I can only sit on one cheek when I go and hurt... but this too will pass... I had no problem with gall bladder when that was only surgery... I had catheter in for a week and of course yeast too... may try those wipes someone suggested
Unread 04-30-2007, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjewel
Well I did call my surgeon today about my frequent bowel movements and he said this is pretty normal. Also said that because I had my gall bladder removed that that also could attribute to what I am experiencing. Has anyone had their gall bladder out and that affected BM's? I know that lots of times people end up with diarrhea but that is not my problem. Mine is normal (which I'm not knocking as I went 8 months with a temporary colostomy because of a ruptured colon due to Diverticulitis) but it is just the frequency urge. My hiney is like a boil. My husband is going to pick up some kind of cream that I'm hoping will help with that and some more wipes.......
I too had my gallbladder out about 10 months ago. About day 3 or 4 of recovering from that, my bowel movements were exactly like before when I would get sick from eating too much fat. It went away finally. When I had my TVH, 11 days ago, same thing....day 3 or 4 hit and had the weird awful, frequent BMs again. It worked itself out though and I feel pretty normal now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 09:55 PM

Great to catch up and hear how everyone is doing - I've been busy with company the past week. I've been spoiled with an abundance of blessings from lasagna, to ham , to chicken frickasee?, and grinders - and not even having to clean up afterwards!! The extra help I am sure contributed to how well I am feeling. Yesterday and today are the first times I haven't needed a nap during the day. Still only needing motrin for pain - the outside of the inscision is healed nicely except one tiny area on the bottom. Have been feeling more pain inside (like a burning) but also have been "sucking my gut in" to see where the muscles are working still. Went out shopping for a bit today - needed to get some summery pants that are comfortable with my new shape.

On driving my doctor said it was ok as long as I was not taking anything stronger than motrin for pain.

On walking - I sure am alot slower than I use to be and my steps are shorter. To think I use to race up and down the stairs two at a time - now one at a time is plenty!

I have one ovary remaining and was put on Lupron post op to take care of the remaining Endo. The doctor said to call if I have symptoms that would require add back therapy - so far my symptoms were worse before I had surgery! Now, Less hot/cold flashes, I don't feel like killing anyone in the family, my thinking doesn't feel foggy, and I have more energy!!

Thanks for sharing your experiences! I'll be busy tomorrow checking out other posts and learning more about what I can expect. So much we can learn from one another!
Unread 05-01-2007, 04:50 AM

Hello ladies,
I am 11 days post op and I wish i could say that I feel great today. I still have that burning in my right side sometimes really bad when i try to get up from lying down or trying to move around once i am already lying down....Any one else with this problem? I am only taking pain killers when i go to bed for the night so that i can possibly get some sleep. I walk around a little bit but find myself tiring easily. Yesterday i asked my DH to help me fold a quilt and he didn't come fast enough for my liking so i tried to do it myself and i hurt myself...not good. That's the stubbornous in me and i paid for that one let me tell you. I would kill to have a bath instead of a shower but i don't know when i can have a bath. I am also out of pain meds(taking tylenol 3's)so now i'm wondering how i am ever going to get any sleep at night now. I wonder if i phoned my drs office will they give me more and call in the perscription to the pharmacy for my step son to pick up for me. Thanks for letting me rant ladies. Wishing you all a speedy recovery
Unread 05-01-2007, 07:46 AM

hello peeps i am up about and home but not going too mad not too comfy on the old computer chair but thought i'd let u know i'm ok still not looking too much like the supermodel i thought i would once my large melon and little friends left but give it a fortnight ha ha
Unread 05-01-2007, 08:15 AM

doublejremmy, have you spoke to your doctor about the burning? I would definetly remind him that you are uncomfortable. Doesn't seem right that you are still in so much pain. Sometimes the squeeky wheel gets the oil. You know your body best and you have to be the advocate for yourself at times. I wouldn't let the doctor pooh foo it as nothing. I would push to have him/her look into it. Maybe it isn't anything (we can only pray) but atleast you would know what it wasn't. I think sometimes our doctors live this day after day and tend to think everything is normal when that is not the case. Our bodies all react differently. Continue to let your doctor know that you are uncomfortable. I am on day 14 and still can't pee with out extreme pain I am now going to see a urologist. It is probably nothing but I need the peace of mind. Hang in there and don't try to do to much. I will be thinking of you!
Unread 05-01-2007, 08:50 AM

Hello All,

Came home on Sunday after my Friday surgery (TAH). My surgery went well. Minimal bleeding during surgery. I had three big fibroids. I told my Dr to remove my uterus and cervix. Both ovaries were healthy (thank God!) so, I kept those. I didn't want to go through surgery again if the fibroids grew back. I've had too many extra pap smears, colposcopy procedures and 1 LEEP surgery to know I've had enough. I figured the problems with my cervix would only lead to something far worse.

My uterus had expanded as if I were 4 months pregnant. I thought I was getting the over 40 bulge or the lower pooch belly. I couldn't comprehend, because I am a work-out queen, always in the gym at least 5 days a week with a serious ab workout. I wanted to know just how much fat I had and my Dr said it was all my uterus. I was shocked.

After surgery, my pain was horrible, 10 out of 10. Somehow, there was some confusion about my pain meds. I told them to either knock me back out or call my Dr, because what they were given me was not working! So, they called my Dr and I got my morphine pump. (YEAH!) After a few hours the pain went away.

I was up the next morning doing 6 laps around the nurses station every 4 hours. I felt good. No fever, blood pressure was excellent, I was really trying to get out of the hospital. The staff and my Dr were all wonderful. I had a private room too. It was fun while it lasted, but I wanted to go home!

I am moving around very well, no serious pain, just soreness. Some days I'm feeling no pain, and there other days that I do feel some soreness, so I may rest a little longer than usual. I do over do it when I think I'm feeling so great...but you do pay for it later! Ouch!
I can't stand the burning sensation that I get. That's more bothersome than anything.

So far so good. Day 11, almost hitting the 2 week mark.

Dera
Unread 05-01-2007, 09:11 AM

yes I notice decline in appitite. I'm kinda happy about it cuz I like to lose some weight and not being able to exersise the problem is I tend to be eating out of boardom. Why are we not as hungry?
Unread 05-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Day 15

Well, it's now day 15 for me and I am still sore. I think I keep overdoing it...thinking I can do some of my routine activities. But once I do..I am back on the couch. Geez!

I seem to have a constant discharge...seems to be yellow/brownish in color...sometimes with hints of red. Is this normal? Anyone else experiencing this still? Should I be concerned? I don't see my doctor for another 2 weeks, but was wondering if I should call his office.

Lisa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register