Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007 - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007

Unread 05-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007

cklaske - Hi! I had surgery same day as you (LAVH ovaries removed). Having the same symptoms you are and also getting a little discouraged. I'm still taking a pain pill each day after being on my feet for awhile and just not feeling like I have much energy. But I know that this shall pass and patience is the only answer (and these wonderful sisters!) Keep the faith!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2007, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisalis165
Well, it's now day 15 for me and I am still sore. I think I keep overdoing it...thinking I can do some of my routine activities. But once I do..I am back on the couch. Geez!

I seem to have a constant discharge...seems to be yellow/brownish in color...sometimes with hints of red. Is this normal? Anyone else experiencing this still? Should I be concerned? I don't see my doctor for another 2 weeks, but was wondering if I should call his office.

Lisa

I've had this too!! I usually have the red tinge when I'm crampy. I seems to let me know when I've been overdoing it too. I felt great yesterday. My to one of my kids t-ball game and even picked up my toddler a few times. Boy, am I paying for it today.
Unread 05-01-2007, 01:46 PM

Thanks Kelstad for your reply. Guess it's good to know that I am not the only one and this may be somewhat normal post-op stuff!

Hang in there everyone!

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Recovery so far

It has been 2 weeks today since my surgery. So far the only problems is I'm up every 2 hours on the dot to use the restroom. {Wonder if my bladder shrunk when they fixed it?}. And getting out of bed is still painful. The incision is doing great, but the insides are very sore. Also...the swelled up belly. Just can't stand it. Other than that, all seems great compared to 2 weeks ago. :dance2:
Unread 05-01-2007, 03:16 PM

The past two days have been good. My tummy lets me know when I have done too much and it seems the more I do the better I sleep. I go back to the doctor Thursday--I'm thinking she will let me work at least half days. I do still get tired easily but I have a desk job and I can work from home so I think it will be fine.

I'm glad to see others are doing well also and for the ones who aren't hang in there we all are praying for you. I just want to say thanks to all that post it really does help just to know that others are feeling the same as you.
Unread 05-01-2007, 03:21 PM

Hey all, Hope everyone is doing well today. Went into work today again - still am doing good. I had horrible gas last night again. I think I figured out the problem. I eat alot of fiber everyday. I mean alot. I didnt realize that after surgery my system was going to not be as efficient because of the anesthesia. So I am cutting back on all vegetables, beans etc. just till things get back to normal. Thank god the poops are still ok <whew>.

Tinkbell - Yes I do have some soreness when I pee. I try not to focus on it too much.

I am know I am doing very well with my recovery but I only had a vaginal hyst with my ovaries left. Having an abdominal surgery is definately a slower recovery and then if you had any repair work done that will set you back also. It will take a good 4 to 6 weeks to start feeling back to normal. Hang in there it will get better. You are all in my prayers everyday.
Unread 05-01-2007, 07:54 PM

I had my 2 wk follow-up today (2 days early). Seems like all my healing is doing well. He told me I pretty much was lucky. I had a lot of internal scaring and the surgery took a long time, my uterus was VERY large (adenomyosis), and it was quite stuck on my bladder. I lucked out with 3 small laproscopic scars. He explained that even though the uterus (and ovaries) are gone, the uterus nerve endings are all still alive in there and attached together. That's why we receive cramp like feelings even w/o the uterus. Our nerves don't know that! Thought I'd share that tidbit of info.

I didn't realize that even though I don't have many external stitches, I have lots of internal ones. I guess that didn't sink in until today. I realize how much healing I have to go. I have to let my DH go back to after tomorrow and then I'm soloing with the house and 3 DKs, 1 being a toddler. I'm nervous about it.

My Dr. was surprised menopause hadn't kicked in and told to start supplements now since I want to do the natural thing. I have noticed that I've had 1 beer the last 2 night in a row, and my body goes up about 15 degrees when I drink it. Whew!!

Oh, BTW, I mentioned the gas and BM problems. He said to lay off the stool softners and push major fiber. It's better on the body and system. Thought I'd pass that on too! Have a good night to all. I need to chat w/ the menopause ladies for advice.
Unread 05-02-2007, 12:00 AM

Today's been a better day but I'm still spotting a bit. Some days it's nonexistent and on others, it makes itself known. The last two days have been primarily "veggie" days since I've just finished the last two antibiotics. So, the bed and I have become reacquainted once again.

The pain is alright...it's mostly caused by all the coughing. In fact, I think the spotting might be too...it makes sense, anyway. I take one percodan during the day and two at night with the lunesta. If I wake up to go potty (and THAT you can count on at least twice!) then I may pop another pain pill then. Otherwise, I'm alright...just beat down and worn smooth out all the time.

I can't wait to clean the house MY way again...and all the other "Mommy" chores. The kids are just now getting to where they'll hug me without fear, so that's a blessing on its own.
Unread 05-02-2007, 05:46 AM

Hi Ladies,
I'm about 2 weeks post op TAH. I went for my post op visit yesterday. The doctor massaged my incision to remove any blood underneath and then put a little packing in the end. She's done this 3 times and said she isn't going to do this any more. By the time she is done I feel queasy and get a headache shortly after. Has anyone else had this done? Otherwise I"m doing pretty well.
Happy healing everyone
Unread 05-02-2007, 07:19 AM

Hello ladies,
Update, I phoned my drs office yesterday about the burning sensation i get in my right side when i try to get up after lying down and she said that i have pulled a muscle and the pain should go away in a couple of weeks. She said to keep an eye on it and if it doesn't subside to definately call back. I can put my mind at ease now. I slept well last night and this morning i had very little burning at all. Hope everyone elses recovery is going well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register