Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007 - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007

Unread 05-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Feeling better

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomSeeker
I too have noticed that I'm feeling much more emotional and have the urge to cry at the drop of a hat. I only taking 1 black cohash and 1 evening primrose oil with a fish oil tablet - no HRT yet, doc said I could bump up to 2 black cohash if needed. I wonder if that will help with the "warm surges" and emotion thing?? FYI - I have a couple of square flax seed pillows that I keep in the icebox and I use them in the evening or when I'm sitting at the table and it seems to help with the belly pain and swelling.
My doc started me on the Vivelle dot patch. I have my R ovary so we are going to try this for 1month. Then off of patch and draw labs if I start to feel bad again. I've been on the patch for 3days and I can tell a difference. Not as bluesy, no night sweats My doc thinks that my ovary may be "in shock" I can tell her it is along with everything else. I love my swelly belly band. It really helps the burning sensation I get every evening. Everyday is better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007

Good evening ladies. I'm 3 weeks post op TAH. I'm still quite the insomniac. I think my body has it's night's and days mixed up. I fell asleep this afternoon, and my dh let me sleep until 7pm!!! I'm still taking some painkillers here and there. I'm really frustrated that these pains won't go away. Some times I'm fine and others it hurts so bad I want to cry. It sounds like all of you are healing and feeling so much better. I'm wondering if I'm just being a big baby about all of this?
Unread 05-07-2007, 03:01 AM

I hear you. I feel good in am, up at 4? Then I start getting sore around 1pm and it is downhill from there. Last night I was hurting. I take ambien cr to sleep............Trying to only take Motrin 800mg. Sometimes this is hard. I think that with a TAH it is slower going than with a vag hysterectomy. Take it easy. Do you have a swelly belly band. Well worth it. Offers pain relief espcially burning pain and support. It will get better
Nat
tah/lso,endo removed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2007, 07:06 AM

Well I am now 19 days post op and although most days are better than the previous days, sometimes there is a glitch and I feel rotten, much like now. Feeling really fed up with everything.
My scar is not healing as well as it should, the nurse should have taken alternate staples but started on the left taking everyone, so the left to the middle is gaping and has to be taped into place. The side she got right has healed fine. I feel down about the healing, not because I want to be a model or anything but because its annoying and it was avoidable.
I seem to wake very early for me, before this I was a confirmed 8am riser, now I am up at 5am onwards and so then I am tired by 8pm.
The scar itself doesn't hurt everything is numb and painfree although I do get 'tight' sensations.
I am so glad they have taken everything I couldn't go through this again.
Unread 05-07-2007, 07:17 AM

I am 20 days post-op from an LSH. Was doing well. Then, yesterday, just got up early and got a shower and dressed earlier than I have been for the past three weeks...(but, not earlier than before I had this surgery)...and, I was wiped out.

My body seems to like not hurrying or getting dressed...it needs all morning to rev up I guess.

I was pooped ALL day! But, very little pain now--BUT, I am not doing my normal routine, either. So, I am starting to exercise more to help to build up strength so that when I return to my normal routine...I am not zapped in an instant.
Unread 05-07-2007, 07:27 AM

I too have noticed that morning hours are best for me and I begin getting very sore and gasey in the afternoon beginning around 1:00 and throughout the evening. I also have a swelly belly band and it's been a life saver for me since the 2nd day after surgery. I wear it mostly when I'm walking around, but once afternoon hits I need the cold on my belly so I've got the pillows in the freezer so I can alternate. I'm also frustrated with the pain - feel pretty good in a.m. and hurt a lot by evening. I have the laparoscopic incisions and the horizontal incision and those incision sites are still healing up on the outside so I'm sure there's a ton of healing going on inside....just have to be patient....sigh....

I'm 3 weeks post-op tomorrow and just noticed that I've been getting a low grade headache almost daily now for the past 4-5 days. This is a dull achey headache. Not a migrane - I'm drinking some coffee and lots of water so I don't think it's from that, but I'm not doing any HRT and have no ovaries so I'm wondering if that could be causing the headaches or will they go away??

Oh yeah, and I also noticed that since having the catheter removed this week on Monday, I awake at about 3:00 a.m. cause I have to pee and this never happened to me on a regular basis before. Please, someone tell me that will get better too somewhere down the line....

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that you're not the only ones still hurting quite a bit at this stage in the healing process. It does seem from reading the posts that having the vag hysto allows for a much quicker recovery with less pain in some areas, however, there's still got to be a lot of internal healing that takes place. I think we just need to be careful not to overdo things (easier said that done-LOL) and remember that what we had done was a major surgery and we're not being cry babies we are still healing and will be for several weeks and possibly months down the road.
Unread 05-07-2007, 10:39 AM

Hi Ladies.. I think I am 18 days out now.. I had a TAH/BSO and TT. I am feeling SO MUCH better now but like many of you my mornings are much better than my evenings. I get very "tight" in the evenings as well.. and get the "burning" sensations as well.. all that is healing, so I try to just remember that. I had the crying, major hot flashes and insomnia pretty bad so they started me on HRT last Monday and that has really made a big difference. I still have to take a few Advil/PM's for me to sleep thru the night though.

All in all I am feelin good.. but definately have to be careful not to over do it as it can happen very quickly.. )

I have also lost several pounds so that has been a happy suprise.. )

Mandy
Unread 05-07-2007, 02:16 PM
21 Days Post-OP

Hi Ladies,

Well, it's now 3 weeks to the day post-op for me. I had a good weekend, felt great yesterday...but seem to be paying for it today. I was out enjoying the nice weather and took several walks...then like every night..I fall asleep for a few hours...am awake in the middle of the night for a few hours...then sleep for several hours more...on top of all that...exhausted by afternoon and want to take a nap. Think I will try the Benadryl that was suggested.

I seem to be overdoing it....again. Thinking I am doing fine..then bam...it hits me. Trying to take it easy today.

I see DR next week for my 4 week post op, will be curious to see what he says about my healing and my return to work. My boss calls me every other day wondering when I will be back. My insurance has covered my disability until the end of May...my boss, a male, just does not seem to get it! He told me he had a project list if I want to work from home. No Way....taking the next few weeks for just me....no stress wanted!

Hope everyone is doing well and recovering at their own pace and not by someone elses expectations!

Lisa
Unread 05-07-2007, 07:12 PM

Well I had my 2 week post op visit. The dr is very happy with my progess. He put a speculum in me to take a look and said everything looks good. I was surprised that it didnt hurt at all. He wants to see me in another 4 weeks and then I guess I should be done with post op visits. Each day I feel more like myself. I hope everyone is feeling well.
Unread 05-08-2007, 01:33 AM

Hello All,
Today I am back at the nurse for a wound check, it is healing but slowly. This afternoon I am back at the consultants for the result of the histology. Not sure what they will have to say, but all the way through this they have said that things 'look' ok but the path results have come back 'suspicious'. So who knows what he will say this afternoon. Fingers crossed

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register