Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007 - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007

Unread 05-09-2007, 06:23 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007

I feeL fine i start back at my second job today. The only thing i seem to have trouble doing is bending over, it hurts still. Today i have my 3 week post opp and am alittle worried about a vaginal exam...ouch. Wish me luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2007, 07:00 AM

Lyzzeyanne,
I will pray for you to!
Unread 05-09-2007, 07:28 AM

Easterlilly.. I totally know what you mean and I have better days than others. I had a TAH/BSO with some repairs and my insides are still very tender. One thing that I am doing is making sure to walk everyday and get in different positions.. go up and down my stairs slowly.. just to gradually build up my stamina.. but taking car rides does take it out of me.. one thing I realized with that is that I am a bit more tense with the rides and that takes it out of me more.

Also.. it sounds like your overies may be in shock.., call your doc they may need to give you HRT temporarially until your overies are healed. Also.. I make sure to use the ice pack on my tummy everyday.. that really helps as well.

Mandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2007, 05:10 PM

Thanks Rino Lover. I know it just takes time but I am not a patient person. I went in to work for a couple of hours today then to the grocery store and fixed dinner-am in a lot of pain now so I guess I have over done it! You would think since I had an LSH I'd be back to normal by now. I was hoping to get to the beach for Mother's day but the kids have too much going on. I guess we will get there some time. It is so nice to have this website! :-)

Lyzzyanne, You are in my thoughts and prayers. Just keep taking one day at a time. I know a lot easier said then done.
Unread 05-09-2007, 05:54 PM

On Tuesday I went to visit my work, it's only 2 mins drive from my place, hung around there and had adult social time with them for about 3 hrs, just stood around letting the belly hang out (thank goodness for big shirts lol), went and had a coffee etc, and felt tired that night but insomnia kicked in. I'm still avoiding to cook dinner whilst hubby is home, he goes away next week so I'll get that job back next week. For now, I'll milk it, hehe.

For the last 2 1/2 weeks, I've almost lived in front of the TV with DVD's. But now the need to move around and do something is waking up inside of me, so I feel the need for starting on my readings for assignments might be kicking in. Yippee, mmm not.
Unread 05-09-2007, 07:15 PM

It seems we all have one thing in common. We all want to feel better now. It is very frustrating to go in to have a procedure because you are having pain and other problems and then it seems you have a new set of problems and pain. I feel this way every time I have the flu. I think I will never ever feel good again. It seems just like when you start feeling better for a little while it all goes downhill again. I say we all make a promise to each other that we will give it the full 6 weeks before we start getting down on ourselves. I think we owe it to ourselves.
Unread 05-09-2007, 08:11 PM

I'm still going with the whole resting thing. I've chosen to definately pace myself for whatever that I do. Right now, I'm sitting on my couch, watching a DVD series, and slowly sorting out some paperwork from work. No rush but to just plod along and see where it goes. This way, I'm not doing anything physical, just mentally challenging. Yay. Without fail, I still promise to rest the body, otherwise I know I'll be the one to suffer. Everyone will know what that's like.
Unread 05-09-2007, 08:53 PM

I agree with you all about taking it easy. Today has been a total downer. I am so happy to hear that some of you are feeling great. Gives me hope that one day I too will feel better. But in the mean time I wish the doctors would have prepared me for the after math of this procedure. I totaly agree with you lovetoshop, this is an up and down battle. I just can't wait to feel like a real women again. Thank you to all of you for helping me not feel so lonely. This is the greatest site ever and I praise the Lord for it and all of you. Lyzzyanne - You are in my thoughts and prayers! God Bless to you all
Unread 05-09-2007, 10:00 PM

Hi ladies, it's been 3 weeks tomorrow for me and I know what some of you are talking about when you say its such a slow recovery process. Some days I feel OK, then I do too much; up and down the stairs, driving kids here and there, etc. and then I am so sore and tired. I had a TAH with a bladder repair and sometimes (especially when I urinate), I feel like my insides are going to come out. DH went back to work, and when I say back to work I mean he's in Houston while we're in Calif. That's where the company is based and he commutes a couple weeks out of the month, so now its up to me to do all the driving. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of help with the kids, they are all older so they are a lot of help. Anyway, hang in there everyone; I know it will get easier and easier!
Unread 05-09-2007, 10:21 PM

Isn't it weird how the healing process has ebbed and flowed for all of us? I'm back to being a princess for the next few days, I think. I started bleeding and cramping yesterday and it's getting somewhat worse. I called the doc and received orders to take it much easier. Grrrr....it's not in my nature to take anything this easy. However, I don't want to end up in the hospital again I'm so glad I have this group - it's keeping me sane.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register