Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007 - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007

Unread 05-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007

Hi everyone, lying here recovering from a complete hysterectomy. I am having difficulty with sitting so I'm not supposed to sit for any length of time for a while as apparently this is pulling on my internal stitches and causing unbelievable pain. I'm still walking some but mostly still on bed rest. GYN says to stop and go to bed at the sign of first pain which doesn't take long. She says I'm healing much slower than most but to most of all listen to my body. I'm so incredibly frustrated and my friends and family are beginning to lose patience with me as it will be a month this week. Anyone else here in the same boat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2007, 07:31 PM

so good to know that at least part of this fatigue and pain is still from the hysterectomy and not the tt. I'm trying my best to slow down a bit. I'm not a moderate person adn this has been so hard to sit around "resting". I can think of so many more productive things to do with this time off from my job! lol This morning I actually felt decent for a moment. I used the opportunity to take my mom to lunch and then came home and napped again! boy who would think eating a meal could make you so tired...
Unread 05-12-2007, 08:29 PM

I'm almost 4 weeks out and it still doesn't take much to wear me out. I only feel a dull aching pain now when I've overdone it or been on my feet too long (like more than 5 minutes!). Even going out to eat wears me out still. I'll go into my office for two hours and be useless the rest of the day. I had a TAH/BSO so I hear that 6 weeks seems to be the magical moment, so here's hoping. I am soooo tire dof being so tired! LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2007, 02:10 AM

Well I seem to be well on the way to recovery, I went out for a two mile walk yesterday and didn't need to go to bed in the afternoon!! I am totally pain free and woke up yesterday to find that I had turned onto my tummy at some time during the night and it was comfortable!!
On the down side I am having a few healing problems. The nurse only took alternate staples on one side of the wound, and that side has healed, the side she took them all has been more of a problem.(made worse by the fact that fat takes longer to heal, and I am well padded in that area unfortunately!!) On Friday I had a late swab result which said a slight infection, BUT bearing in mind the swab had taken a week to cultivate and grow, and I had been on antibiotics for a week, I rather feel that it had been knocked on the head. The nurse said that healing was good now and she had seen a bit improovement since she started changing the dressing. So I have been given anti biotic gel and as far as I am concerned it can't do any harm.

So all in all for me I feel stronger each day and I am thankful that I am painfree and less tired.

Just waiting for the follow up radio Theraphy and I hope I will be finished. Please God that this will be the end of it.

I hope the rest of you ladies go from strength to strength
Unread 05-13-2007, 08:23 AM

oh my goodness 2 miles!! i am taking it much easier i must admit, went out for a thai meal and was shattered afterwards but happy with a full tummy ha ha. i am getting the prickly pains, taking them as a hint to chill when trying to do things i shouldn't, folding up washing nowt else ! ha ha
Unread 05-13-2007, 08:29 AM

Yeah but a two mile walk is fine, but ironing and hoovering is far too dangerous!!!
Still feel ok today, so perhaps I have turned the corner.
Unread 05-13-2007, 09:24 AM
so jealous

Ok I'm completely green with envy that you are doing so well and we had surgery same date. lol I'll comfort myself with the fact that I had some additional work done that day following the hyster. That is surely what is slowing me down. Anyway I'm happy for you. Looking forward to the time when i can sustain more than 5 minutes of activity.
Unread 05-13-2007, 09:30 AM

s11957, same here, same date and yet we all recover differently. I'm feeling more active yet resting alot as well, well well enough that i am, minimal movement and yet still accomplishing things. Tonight I was creating resources for me for my work (when I go back). Feeling alright, except for the blasted insomnia tonight, it's 1:30 am in Australia atm, and do you think I'm able to fall asleep, nope, I'm scoping out ebay and listening to the sounds of hubby and kids snoring. I'm jealous.
Unread 05-13-2007, 06:08 PM

I'm feeling really good and have started walking also. I've been doing 2-4 miles a day. I was a jogger/walker prior to surgery so it's been great to be able to get back at it somewhat. It's a easy walk because I'm being careful. It's therapeutic for me to just be outside in the sunshine. That in itself is healing. Lying in bed and sitting around just gets me feeling like a slug and sickly.

These 6 weeks are flying by. I'm enjoying being away from work and having some time off. It would be a lot more fun though without these darned restrictions. lol

I go for my first check-up with the doctor in just over 2 weeks.

Happy healing everyone.
Unread 05-13-2007, 06:08 PM

I am doing well will be 4 weeks this Thursday. I am still sore right across the bladder area like a burning sensation and if I have done too much I get cramps. I also still have issues with the BM I am beginning to think I will be on MOM forever! I think my doc will release me to go back to work full time Thursday especially since I have a desk job! I do wish the hubby would do more around the house. I broke down and vacuumed and cleaned Saturday just real tired Sunday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register