Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007 - Page 22 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007

Unread 05-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007

Hey guys. I think my ligaments finally stretched out and now I feel alot better. That ache in my butt was driving me crazy. My discharge is just about gone. God I cant wait till I dont have to wear a pantyliner anymore. I still have 3 more weeks till I can do the nasty. I can totally wait but I yearn for the closeness it brings for me and dh. God I am so happy I got through this surgery and am on the other side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2007, 11:02 PM

Oh nclsh,

Feel for you when it comes to the housework. I'm just sticking to basic tidying and will be getting back into the cooking & dishes as of tomorrow (hubby goes away), but as for the rest of the house, it'll survive. I've been out for the last 2 hrs and i'm stuffed and tired, even though I had a morning nap of 2 hrs this morning. It's amazing how our bodies can do so little yet exhausts you so much.

Rest to all.
Unread 05-14-2007, 02:04 AM

I can relate over the hoovering, my family have been good, but my husband half hoovers, sort of does the bits in the middle but not the edges, drives me nuts. We have a dog that shed hair and that is even worse, can collect a whole bag of hair everyday, so you just can't leave it.

I seem to be doing fine still and this morning I have found that one of the two dodgy spots on my scar has finally healed, I think some of that is down to the anti biotic gel the doc prescribed on Friday night after a swab result came back. The main dodgy bit is under the steri strips so I can't actually see that. (I have been applying the gel over the strips as the doc said they are porous and it will get through) BUT for the first time in nearly 4 weeks, it is not leaking any kind of fluid, so i am hoping that means that has given in and healed up as well!!
The sooner it heals the sooner I can get the radio therapy started.

Hope everyone else is moving along well, take your time we'll all get there in the end!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2007, 07:43 AM

Laughed at Love to Shop's post (the nasty!) I hear you - try to work around it, the closeness is so important... I've been missing that too, and still have 2 1/2 weeks still my sweetie and I can be TOGETHER again, feel free to email me at [email protected]
Unread 05-14-2007, 09:18 AM

Hello Everyone:
Was operated on April 19,2007. I am doing very well. Thanks to Hystertsisters they have answered so many of my questions and woes. It made me feel I am not alone, and any aches and pains I have were normal. I am going to the Dr. today for my checkup, and I plan to tell her about this web site and to pass it to other women who are planing to have a hysterectomy. Thank you Hystersisters.
Unread 05-14-2007, 10:03 AM
4 weeks and finally feeling better

Hi Ladies,

Well, today marks 4 weeks for me. I am finally starting to feel like myself again. Had some rough spots over the weekend, but feel much better today...after lots of rest of course. My daughter and DH took me to lunch yesterday and a bit of shopping...I was exhausted when I got home and had to take an hour nap! grrrrr....

I go for my first post-op check-up tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Hoping everyone is turning the corner this week and starting to feel better!

Lisa
Unread 05-14-2007, 05:31 PM

Am doing well today other than a few cramps and a little burning. I am in some kind of mood though--wonder if I am ovulating... I also have the feeling that something is going to fall out if that makes sense. I'm sure I did way too much today. I am working at work half days then coming home and working a few more hours not to mention the several loads of laundry I did today and I even put it away, not sure why no one else knows how to do laundry. The DH is begging for some "fun in the bedroom" but that is the furthest from my mind. It hurt so bad before the surgery I'm kind of scared to see what it's like after the surgery. Has anyone been having dizzy spells seems as soon as I get up I get dizzy this has gone on all weekend and today they are worse. It is probably from the anemia. Glad all is feeling better.
Unread 05-15-2007, 09:30 AM
fun in the bed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by nclsh
Am doing well today other than a few cramps and a little burning. I am in some kind of mood though--wonder if I am ovulating... I also have the feeling that something is going to fall out if that makes sense. I'm sure I did way too much today. I am working at work half days then coming home and working a few more hours not to mention the several loads of laundry I did today and I even put it away, not sure why no one else knows how to do laundry. The DH is begging for some "fun in the bedroom" but that is the furthest from my mind. It hurt so bad before the surgery I'm kind of scared to see what it's like after the surgery. Has anyone been having dizzy spells seems as soon as I get up I get dizzy this has gone on all weekend and today they are worse. It is probably from the anemia. Glad all is feeling better.
i had vag hyster 4/23 . you can be creative in the bedroom if your up to it, i let my hb rub on me, he enjoys and i enjoy, takes great control, . i lay on my side and , well when i put my legs together you can sort of use that as a vagina, does this sound crazy? he gets taken care of and thats important. ia am very creative to say the least. i know it means so much to him. go easy on the lifting and all that. today i am 22 days post op. for the last week i have been walking 2 miles every day working on 4 by the 24th. i want to use my weed trimmer but i am afraid it might be too heavy, i just dont want to do any lifting or bending yet, but walking is another story, i could walk all day.
Unread 05-15-2007, 09:44 AM

Also try some fun in the shower... that works too. You can keep him away from there (!) but still keep him happy. OY, what we women do huh?
Unread 05-15-2007, 09:57 AM

Hi all - here I am now four weeks post TVH, ta da. Definately lots of fatigue... and, here's my question, I get "achy" (best word for it) in my lower abdomen. My doc, God bless him, gave me some more pain meds, but can't take them at work. Anyone else have this - or anyone HAD this, curious how long it lasts. Otherwise all is right with the world. Here's to US and having the worst of it behind us!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register