Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007 - Page 26 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007

Unread 05-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007

Enie, you just did WAY too much in one day. Take it easy. Remember, you are a Princess, pamper yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take it easy!!!!!!!! BronxKitty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2007, 01:12 PM

I also went for my chreckup. It turned out to be almost 4 weeks after surgery, beause the doctor was on vacation. She said all was well, and it was o.k to resume walking, to stop when it hurts. No lifting, and take it easy. And no sex for another 2 weeks. I get a pressure feeling in the lower potion of my stomache when I have to go the bathroom. I find that whatever I drink gets down there faster. I have been getting little pains off and on on my lower seft side and right side. I guess they will stop soon. I hope. I'm hanging in there, have no choice.
Unread 05-18-2007, 08:11 PM

I am 4 1/2 weeks post-op and find that some days I still get very tired ... usually around 2:00PM, and I either just lay down and rest for a bit, or almost literally pass out for about 2 hours then find it hard to wake up! I am out and about almost every day, too. I, too, get a bit more crampy and achy by the end of the day along with a more extended tummy. I also get that feeling of downward pressure, or something trying to come out of the vagina ... tampon, or trapped air ... that is how it "feels", something like that. Also trying to remember to do my Kegel exercises off and on throughout the day. My incision has healed up nicely, but still find it itchy. Was a little worried that this "pressure/tampon" feeling was some sore of prolapse, but don't have any other symptoms. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else gets this. Other than the tiredness and "pressure", I am feeling good. All the best to everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2007, 10:38 AM

Tomorrow will make 4 weeks since my surgery..physically, I am feeling okay I suppose...I do get achey down low in my tummy in the afternoon, and some weird pains in my ya ya and rectum at times, and it still hurts to poop. Plus I still get tired in the afternoon and am not sleeping well...but the emotional stuff is what is the hardest. I cry at the drop of a hat, and get hot flashes and some mild night sweats, and a panic attack here and there...this recovery is a lot harder than I thought it would be....But I am trying to pamper myself, much to my husband's chagrin. My husband is annoyed of course...he thinks I should be totally back to normal and he is mad as heck that there are still things I can't do....He think I am babying myself too much....the stress of dealing with his negativity is not helping my recovery...
Unread 05-19-2007, 07:28 PM

Siamouno you describe alot of what I am feeling. I am starting to realize that although I had an uneventful surgery that it is going to take me a good while before I feel myself again. I am starting to feel like I do not know my own body any longer. I get the weirdest pains down there. Sometimes I think the pain is coming from my butt then I think it is coming from my gina. If I get a gas pain in my bowel it feels like it has a knife attached to it. I swear I can feel the poop building up in my rectum. I just dont get it.
Unread 05-19-2007, 11:41 PM

I am also experiencing the same symptoms. My 4 week check-up ( the only one since leaving the hospital) went okay. I explained to my doctor the symptoms I was having (pressure and cramping in the rectum, painful bowel movements, aches on the left lower side, hot flashes, mood swings, etc.) He said that at 4 weeks all of that was expected. He had some blood drawn from me to check my hormone levels. He said that the hot flashes could be due to my left ovary compensating for the missing right ovary. Sometimes the blood supply gets cut off and the one ovary stops functioning(he assures me that this is a rare occurance). Otherwise he has given me a clean bill of health, providing the lab results come back normal. He even said that I can have sex, but I may wait a while longer for that. I am going to take it very slow and take another 2 weeks off from work. I still get tired very easily and painful when I wake up in the morning.
Unread 05-20-2007, 10:01 AM

Godchild ... I feel the same as you along with the "tampon/air in the vagina feeling", too. Not all the time though. Something I have done for the past few days, which totally amazes me, is that I have gone totally padless, pantyliner-less!! First time in many years! Can't believe that I just have to slip on the undies, and that's it! wonderful! I am not scheduled to go back to work until May 28th, and am going to start 1/2 days for two weeks and see how it goes. Dr. said I could stay off until June 14, but I am getting a wee bit bored at home .. lol. I do get really tired by early-mid afternoon though.
Unread 05-20-2007, 07:49 PM

it will be five weeks tomorrow for me. I can't sit for lengths of time - I have a vertical inscision and there is an area that stings when I am sitting. Stayed home today and laid around mostly. Still haven't driven for any lenght of time (because of the sitting) but when I was out for a short time I had to laugh at myself --- I was stopped at a fourway blinking red light... waiting for it to change. I thought of my mom asking "what color would you like it?" I do find I am more forgetful .... however my suduko puzzle skills have imporved!! I asked a friend how long I can "blame the surgery" Her answer "I had my surgery three years ago and am still blaming it!"

Welcome to our new life! .....

I still have one ovary and am on Lupron but haven't had any unbearable menopause symptoms. My family says I am more agreeable as far as the emotional aspect = and I would have to agree. I did get sleeveless shirts (a first for me... gasp - bare shoulders)! My massage therapist (and friend) tells me my arm muscles are stronger -am I working out?? No, but I do find that I hold onto my stomach and press in a bit with my arms and hands to comfort an achy inscision.... My post-op f/u isn't until June 20th unless I have problems. Keep building strength and stamina!!
Unread 05-21-2007, 06:33 AM

Siamouno, Hi - Can I suggest you print out some "after" hysterectomy articles for hubby to read... or let him read some of this site??
YOU continue to take it easy and slow, you're not BABYING yourself, you're taking CARE of yourself.
Best to you, Bronx Kitty.
Unread 05-21-2007, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxKitty
Siamouno, Hi - Can I suggest you print out some "after" hysterectomy articles for hubby to read... or let him read some of this site??
YOU continue to take it easy and slow, you're not BABYING yourself, you're taking CARE of yourself.
Best to you, Bronx Kitty.
Siamouno, I agree with BronxKitty - have had the same problem with my DH. He doesn't understand that just because the incision sites look healed (i.e., no visable signs of stitches) that I should be all good and back to normal. I've needed to explain about the internal stitches a couple of times. When there's something that needs lifting or requires "unnecessary" bending by me as he's standing there able bodied, I just look at him and smile and I "do not" attempt to take care of it (much as it pains me-LOL!). Just remember, you're not alone, you are loved and important and don't let him guilt you - he will get over it, you only have one chance to heal right

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register