Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007

Unread 04-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007

My doc prescribed lunesta today. Then again, he hopes that if I sleep, I won't be so ugly..lol. I'm not an ugly person...really...just a tad bit grumpy today. hehehe. Posted my one week pre-op stuff and now I'm ready to lay down awhile..it's been a LONG day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2007, 04:45 PM

I'm just getting so bored! I want so much to sweep my floors (which haven't been done since I did them the day before my surgery) - what made me think I wanted all wood? I keep wondering why that specific action is so bad for you? It doesn't seem that strenuous to me.... I had posted that my arm was sore around the IV area earlier this week and I'm happy to say that pain is now gone. Mostly I'm sore in the evening around 6:00 or so. I'm not sure if it's the Motrin fading away or that it's all the activity of the day, but it's been consistent for the last couple days. Other than this, I've got no real pain to speak of. Major problem is sleep and remembering to take it easy. Hope all is well with everyone! Happy Healing to all.
Unread 04-26-2007, 06:26 PM

Hi all! I went back to the dr on Tuesday to have my staples removed. AH! What relief! Unfortunately with the hematoma she had to massage my incision and that's just plain gross!!! I go back tomorrow for her to check it and do it again. YUCK. I went out to dinner tonight and choked on a piece of ravioli. As I was coughing I had this terrible burning pain. I'm so scared. It looks like I have a 2nd open area on the incision line!!! It's not bleeding or anything but it's scary as hell! Has anyone else had this happen to them? :confuse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Intro

Hi everyone,

All of you have been such an inspiration to me. Reading all your stories gave me the push to go ahead with my hysterectomy. I knew I couldnt live with the discomfort I was having but the fear of the unknown sure is not a great feeling either. My mother had a hysterectomy very close to my age and waited to long and needed an abdominal surgery. I didn't want to let it get to that point and decided to do it now while I could still have it done vaginally. Well, I am day 6 post-op and I really don't have many complaints. The worst thing that has happened to me is that I got a horrendous yeast infection. Why they dont give you a script for something when you leave is beyond me. Between washing out my vagina 3 times with betadine and having a bag of antibiotics run through me, it was pretty much a given I would get one. So I am on Diflucan x2 with mycalog cream. I only took pain meds the day of the surgery and needless to say I am not good with being loopy. I couldnt focus for 3 hours. I stayed overnight and needed to get home to my comfortable surroundings. Peed and pooped at the hospital so that was good. I brought 2 high fiber bars with me to keep things going. I am trying to stay semi active - still tire easily. I have a lot of weird pulling sensations and I am sure it will be a while till those disappear. Overall I would say this was a very good experience. Not as bad as I thought it would be. My thoughts are with all of you that are still recovering.

MJ
Unread 04-26-2007, 09:03 PM

Hi Ladies!

Well, I made it!!!!! I had surgery on April 19th and they started with a laprascopic gallbladder removal, then followed with a total abdominal hysterectomy and took my ovaries and tubes, etc. and ended with a colostomy closure. I feel really good. Was in the hospital for a total of 6 days. Doctor let me go home Tuesday evening. I stopped my pain medication because I didn't need it Sunday night before I left Tuesday evening. Doctor gave me a prescription for Darvacet but haven't filled it.

I am experiencing what a lot of you ladies have posted about the insomina. I am not a back sleeper and since I cannot sleep on either side at this point, that is what I am forced to do. Wake up several times a night and am up with the chickens.

I have been blessed with no vaginal bleeding except for the first couple of days. No problems from the catheter other than sometimes I feel the urge to pee....I'm guessing that is the spasming everyone talks about.

One thing I have had is my body thermometer has gone wacky.......one time I'm hot with a sheen of sweat covering me and then when I get in front of a fan or turn the air down....I get chills. I guess that is what surgically induced menopause produces?

I found myself more tired today than usual but I probably have been up and down a little too much.

Hope everyone is feeling a lot more healthy than what they started with. Good luck to All!!
Unread 04-27-2007, 10:23 AM

hello ladies, i am 1 week post op and feel great for the most part. I do get tired easily and take naps in the afternoon. I can take walks around the house but they are really short ones. I don't want to push it as I am home alone, hubby is at work. The thing that bothers me the most is the burning sensation in my right side when i try to get up from lying down. Any one know why? i'm going to guess it's part of the healing process. Hope everyone's recovery goes well.
Unread 04-27-2007, 11:50 AM

I wonder why only on your right side?! I suppose we all have some strange tweaks and pains. I'm still a little sore a my 3 small incision sights (from the lapr.) and my stitches itch a little still. I still feel funky down there where the catheter was. But I'm definitely feeling more like my old self today (8 days post-op).

Here's a weird one to post, but I don't know where else to ask. I know my hormones are probably out of whack (I had LAVH w/ BSO), but my hormones/libido/"whatever" have been really acting up. If I wasn't in recovery, I would jump my husband! Now, I wasn't a very sexual person pre-op. I always had reasons not to do it; cramps, spotting, mood, fear of getting pregnant (again), fear of miscarriage (again), etc... I have such a wonderful sense of freedom now!! No more pains, bleeding, fears, etc WOW!

My mom had this done is her early 30s and she told me I would be so happy and grateful once it was done. She wasn't kidding! I don't feel like mourning like I thought I would, I feel more like celebrating! Plus it's kind of fun being "brazilian" and going "command" today under my stretch pants! Am I a nut or what?!?! Is there any one else out there that's feeling as good and liberated as I am? Please reply!

kelstad
Unread 04-27-2007, 12:25 PM

You are so blessed. I had prayed I would feel like you do. No such luck for me. Be thankful for the hormone surge and the new outlook on what is suppose to be wonderful and fun. I am on day 10 and it still hurts to pee, I am still bleeding, and still cramping like I am having a period! Wish I felt like you! Lucky girl!
Unread 04-27-2007, 12:33 PM

That's odd you mentioned that. In the evenings I get real crampy feeling. If I had a uterus I would swear I was having a period! I have to take some pain relievers before bed because I'm sore from the day, and the cramps. I thought it was psychosomatic or something? Glad to know I'm not crazy in that department (ha,ha)?! I only get a little spotting if I'm overdoing it. I've realized that I get more swelly belly and spotty and that's my cue to hit the couch for an hour or 2. Cheer up!!
Unread 04-27-2007, 12:41 PM

I had a TAH 3/26 and I don't know how I am anymore...I actually am stilll quite sore but also had a hernia repair and my appendix out to and my ovaries were attached to my intestines. This is my third major surgery in one year thanks to endometriosis. Mentally it is really hard. Is anyone else on hormone therapy?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register