After surgery update | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

After surgery update After surgery update

Unread 04-16-2007, 08:25 PM
After surgery update

Hi gals!

Alrighty, I'm out of the hospital and my neice got my computer moved and hooked back up yesterday so I'm back online.

The surgery went well although it ended up to be a bit different and a bit more extensive than we thought. What we thought was a nodule on the vaginal cuff was actually cells congregating and attaching the cuff to part of the bowel. It had gone through to the inside of that section so they did a resection and removed maybe a 3-4 inch section or so. Had to have another of the lovely NG tubes "just in case" up front instead of after the fact due to the resection. Luckily I did not get an infection this time so it came out quickly!

I know they poked around up in the ommentum area again but can't quite remember what he said he actually found up there. I think he mentioned some cells elsewhere but again I'm a bit foggy and no one was there at the time to be my ears. I know there were other areas showed on the CT but I have a long list of clarifications to ask about.

I'm scheduled to go back in on Friday for follow-up and get the staples removed. I don't think the sensitivity results will be back yet so won't know the exact chemo they'll recommend for treatment. I do know though we did discuss the intra-peratoneal (sp?) port they didn't recommend it for me as the common combo for that is Taxol/Carbo and that did not work for me.

I will more than likely get the arm port re-inserted sometime in the next month in preparation for whatever type we decide on. I know my veins won't hold up as two out of three IV's blew in just a couple of days.

So, anyway, so far I'm not doing too badly. Trying to take it easy, not do too much, blah, blah, blah. Ach! I had forgotten how much I hate being down when I otherwise feel fine.

I'll try to update again after my appointment, quicker this time.

{{hugs}} to all of you for all your well wishes!

Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2007, 11:06 PM
After surgery update

Hey Vicki girl!! I've been keeping an eye on the ladies here and I am so sorry to hear about your set back, BUT, sounds like you did really well in the hospital and now it's time to recoup. My Angels have been dispatched and they should be there by now, do you remember them? A couple were sent your way and couple Ellens way to look after gals. I just want you to know that you are in my prayers and I do think about you often. Now, rest up and beat this thing, you can't swing dance when you are laid up! LOL
Love ya girlfriend,
Love and hugs and always ANGELS
Susan
Unread 04-17-2007, 04:26 AM
After surgery update

s Vicki

All in all it sounds like you are doing well, physically and emotionally!!
So glad to read your update.
After your difficulty with taxol and carbo the first time around, it is good that they went right to sensitivity testing. With cancer cells constantly changing, who knows, perhaps taxol and carbo will be your friend this time around.
Whatever they decide, have confidence that another long remission is waiting for you.
Continue healing gently.

oxoxox karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2007, 05:00 AM
After surgery update

Vicki
Thanks for the update.
Rest & Heal.
Chemo will knock any remaining cells forever.

Cindy
Unread 04-17-2007, 06:22 AM
After surgery update

Vicki,

Kudos to you. You sound wonderful! I'm sorry that they did indeed find more cells and 'stuff', but you know, it sounds like your medical team is right on the ball and they are going to get right to kicking those cancer cells to the curb.

Now, even though you feel well, you know the drill. and and pamper yourself so that you can heal and save up your energy to go at 'em with full force.

xoxo
k9
Unread 04-17-2007, 06:53 AM
After surgery update

Rest, rest, rest. It sounds as if things are on track for you and that port is the way to go. As for any remaning cancer cells, whatever chemo they use, those little guys are in for quite the shock when it hits them. Bet they pack their bags and head for the hills.
Unread 04-17-2007, 07:03 PM
After surgery update

Thanks for letting us know how you are doing, Vicki.

Remember, pamper the princess!

And remember that you are surrounded by love.
Unread 04-18-2007, 04:01 AM
After surgery update

Vicki

Hi there. I saw your pre-surgery post, but missed replying.

I'm glad that you are on the other side of this surgery.

Know that you are often in my thoughts.

Hugs and regards
Unread 04-18-2007, 06:10 AM
After surgery update

s Vicki

So glad to hear you are out of the castle and doing well. Be sure to take it easy and not over do (you know the rules).

That dreaded NG tube is the WORST! I beg my Dr. not to use it anytime I've had surgery. No such luck. I don't blame you, I hate it too......

Keep us posted on your chemo regimen.

Unread 04-18-2007, 03:01 PM
After surgery update

It's just great to have an update and know your are moving and thinking through all your options. Your doc sounds like he's on top of things for you and we are hoping for another long remission as Karianne says.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register