Happy Happy Princess | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Happy Happy Princess Happy Happy Princess

Unread 04-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Happy Happy Princess

I wanted to post here because I was so terrified pre op. and got a huge amount of comfort from reading the positive post op. stories. Today was my 12th day post op. and a great day. My pathology came back benign. I celebrated by taking a long, hot bath and sipping a glass of nice wine (both were okayed by the Doctor). Two weeks ago I never would have believed that I would feel this good. I have attended my children’s sports and events, driven and been up and about, participating in family life. I have not lifted or stretched in any way. I make sure I take time each afternoon to lie down and rest. So far everything is going great. Good luck to all. Waiting is so hard! Waiting for surgery and waiting for pathology!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2007, 06:47 AM
Happy Happy Princess

Thanks, it's great to know that you're doing so well. I remember how relieved I was to get my own benign pathology report.
Remember that you're still very early post op. Try not to overdo, you have only once chance to heal properly

S
Unread 04-17-2007, 06:54 AM
Happy Happy Princess

AWESOME!! I want YOUR recovery!! LOL Thank you so very much for posting your fabulous experience! I know each person responds differently and each surgery is different...but I really love being able to gleen towards the fact that there is hope that there is a possibility for a quick and fairly easy recovery! I am planning on attending my final exams 18 days after surgery...I have three finals and then on the 20th day I have one last final! I plan on being coherent enough to be able to study and finish writing two of my three research papers! Having said that I don't plan on doing much more than eating, sleeping, showering and a bit of walking! LOL...if my recovery doesn't work out that way then I will make adjustments to the plan...but at least there is hope for the possibility!!

So, rock on Karen...and thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2007, 07:15 AM
Happy Happy Princess

Hi Karen,

How wonderful to hear from a happy happy princess! Your celebration sounds wonderful and I am sure will be inspiring to so many here. I do know how you feel about the pathology report too.. I went through all that when I had my D&C in February and I am SO glad I did not have to wait until now to find that out!
Unread 04-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Happy Happy Princess

Thank you, Thank you!!!! It is nice to hear something positive about this surgery when you are a week away and getting more terrified and nervous as the day gets closer. I am looking for a short, non-eventful castle stay and recovery time. Thanks again!
Unread 04-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Happy Happy Princess

Dear Karenlp65 and all my other sisters,
Thanks so much for the awesome note of encouragement. I'm counting the hours until tomorrow's visit to the big castle. Hearing some positive news really helps.
I wish everyone a speedy healthy recovery and totally uneventful visit to the castle. Hugs, Laura

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register