Blowing up like a balloon | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Blowing up like a balloon Blowing up like a balloon

Unread 04-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Blowing up like a balloon

Okay, I have had it with this weight gain. I literally look 5 months pregnant.

My daughter is going to the prom tomorrow and she asked me to go shopping for jewelry today. I said, yes, let me get dressed and we will go.....dressed? Huh, much to my dismay nothing fits!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I showed her how my pants wouldn't even get close to closing and she asked "mom, are you pregnant?" Funny since my husband has been fixed. Boy would I have a lot of explaining to do!

I started bleeding again two days ago and since yesterday I have been passing golf ball size clots constantly. I have been through an entire box of tampons and now working on pads. I don't like pads, but whatever.

The doc wants to see me tomorrow as she is not in today. I have a feeling the hysterectomy will be moved up. I hope so, because at this point I don't even know what I will wear to the castle.

I am wearing my husbands sweats and shirts now. I look like a pregnant man!!!!!

Help!!! Has anyone out there gone through anything similar.

Bonnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2007, 12:23 PM

New Life, I am with you. My abdomen has practically doubled in size since about 6 months ago. I have fibroids but no bleeding (thank God) but I feel like I am just a big stomach on legs. I bought pants 2 sizes larger than normal for work a few months ago because my pants were hurting my stomach so bad. Now only 3 pair fit. 4 weeks until the castle so I guess we just have to hold on.
Unread 04-19-2007, 12:26 PM

Hey Ann43,
I think we may be going to the castle the same day. I keep flip flopping because of my daughters graduation, but I don't know if I can wait at this point. Bleeding a lot.

Now I wish I would have saved some of those old maternity clothes...

Keep in touch
Bonnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2007, 02:09 PM

You are right, we are the same day. How nice to have same day sister!! I am really looking forward to being on the other side of this. Like I said, I am lucky to not be bleeding. I'd be hopping up and down if I were. I also have to finish my school semester on the 15th so I had them schedule me the week after the last class.

I discovered that my honey's boxers are the greatest thing!! I think that I'll be a boxer wearing princess during recovery.
Unread 04-19-2007, 02:45 PM

I will have to borrow my son's boxers, hubby wears those tighty whiteys. Great idea though, even if I buy my own.

Are you a teacher or student?
Unread 04-19-2007, 03:12 PM

yeh, his are big enough form my belly to fit into ha ha. I actually saw some nice ones at Costco a week ago and bought a pack just for me. I must have spent ten minutes deciding which pattern I wanted to buy. You should have seen him boyfriend laugh when I told him "don't let me catch you wearing my boxers" :.)

I am an evening student getting my masters in business. I so don't want to loose credit for the class so the TAH has to wait until after class ends.
Unread 04-19-2007, 03:15 PM

Wow, you have a lot on your plate. Congrats on your enthusiasm and determination in getting your masters. Great job. I wish I had it in me to return to school. I really don't know what I want to do. Oh yeah, shrink!
Unread 04-19-2007, 03:24 PM

With the surgery I won't have a class this summer but after this semester I will be 2 classes away from graduating. Wooohooo!!

I also just took guardianship over my 81 year old mom who is really failing with alzhiemers. I have enlisted her to come to my house and stay with me the first couple of weeks. She thinks she is coming over to take care of me but I really did it so I can keep an eye on her. That way my DB can cook for the both of us. Maybe she'll wear boxers with me!! She is a good sport so she just might do it ha ha.
Unread 04-19-2007, 03:32 PM

Bless your heart. I love the reverse psych. Ambitious you are!!! I am sorry to hear about your mom's alzheimers. That is hard on everyone. Are you sure you can handle that while recovering? How bad is it?
Unread 04-19-2007, 05:14 PM

You are very sweet to say that New Life. My mom is an awesome woman and she is worth whatever it takes. Plus, she is really easy to be with and I enjoy having her around me so it'll be fun. She is really functional so I am not too worried. I think we only have 3-6 months with her on her own then she'll be in assisted living and under constant watch. I think we both just have to make it through the summer... in our own way.

Are you still considering changing your TAH date?? I'd be worreid about the bleeding if I were in your shoes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register