Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 05-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Hi everyone,
One week out and doing okay (TAH). Went out at lunch with my sister to get out of the house, did a little shopping and during the time I felt ickee, needed to go home and rest. doing better now, still tired though.

I hope that things will get easier for everyone.
the pain is still there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2007, 01:49 PM

Had a "did too much" day yesterday. I had to go get some food. Then while I was gone, the little monster called a cat got into some more flowers. So, he's ruined both my bouquets now. So in addition to driving to the store, shopping, making ten trips up stairs to get the food in the place, I had to clean up the flowers and the cat's puke!
So today I'm having a relax, nap, Netflix type of day. Might be travelling Friday and need to rest up.

Pain is mostly gone though. Didn't have a pain pill of any kind today. Also had very minor spotting yesterday, geez, I sure hope it's just post op junk.
Unread 05-02-2007, 02:40 PM
TMI Maybe?

Hi All,

I know it's still kinda early, but at what point do you'all think that it will stop hurting when we go to the bathroom, I mean even just to do number 1 sometimes I see stars but the other - OH MY GOSH!

It's painful just to feel my bowels move period. I was not released with any pain meds. Maybe I should just take some tylenol to help and see if that will make a difference ;-)

But if any one who has already passed this period let me know approximately how long this portion of the healing lasts that would help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2007, 03:51 PM

One day after you and I just can not 'go' at all. I have had to employ same methods as before surgery to remove it to get relief from pain but there is absolutely no 'push' in me at all.. nothing.

I can't even begin to imagine going out. I had a friend come and sit outside with me for 30 minutes yesterday, she is allergic to my stepsons cat he has with us and I told her then I had to go in and lay down, head was swimming, felt sick and faint, beginning to feel same now.

Going number 1 does not hurt though sometimes bit of burning urgency to go but I had the bladder tape and I put that down to it needs time to heal.

I am so grateful for pain meds. Whole pelvis hurts in odd ways at odd times, I swear I can feel the sutures he put in my pelvic bones, pubic mound is swollen and bruised, 2 holes there for surgery too. My stitches hurt like hell. I have no external but I do have 3 lines of stitching inside he told me and the stitches at the entrance are really sore! Still on crutches and the bottom of my back is very painful, hurts to sit down.

OK, tired to the point I can't take any more right now.
Unread 05-02-2007, 04:19 PM

I got the staples out. I had a Big Day Out just going to the doctor. Of course they do not have good appointment skills and you wait forever - long past your appointment time. However, once I got with the PA and she began removing the staples I was fine. I had maybe 18 or 20 staples and 3 or 4 felt some discomfort coming out like tweezing your eyebrows; not real pain.
I have not had clothing on since I went to the hospital for surgery. I came home in a moomoo and no bra and have been around the house in a nightie ever since. Today I did plan to put on a bra and the moomoo to return to the doctor but at the last minute decided to wear real clothing, including panties. What a difference. I should have had the comfy cotton support of panties all along. I think I was letting too much "hang all out" for this week. I feel snug and secure. It no longer hurts to walk, unless I have a full bladder. I told the PA my incision is not hurting me but the belly overhang part of me is hurting on the sides when I walk. She never commented on my remark and then I got off on the staples subject. I think I am even going to sleep in panties for a few nights and see if I get relief with that.
Hubby and I picked up lunch on the way home and I was really tired from this easy trip. I have been watching TV and dozing since I ate.
I feel good though. Had a BM this morning and we all know what a good thing that is!
Unread 05-02-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawprinter
I got the staples out. I had a Big Day Out just going to the doctor. Of course they do not have good appointment skills and you wait forever - long past your appointment time. However, once I got with the PA and she began removing the staples I was fine. I had maybe 18 or 20 staples and 3 or 4 felt some discomfort coming out like tweezing your eyebrows; not real pain.
I'm glad to hear the staple removal was not painful. :-)

Yes, I've worn panties, because of the slight bleeding I have had. I don't usually like to wear them at night, but, I agree, when they are not too tight, and not too loose, but juuussttt right, they are good.

Glad the day went well for you.

I drove for the first time today. Only a bit -- 3 min to the post office, another 4 min to the kids' school, 3 min back to the grocery store, and then abotu 3 min back home. The whole route took a little less than an hour. But, I can already tell I'm more sore... may up the meds tonight.

Sheila
Unread 05-02-2007, 04:32 PM

Oh, I am glad to hear that other people get tired real fast too. I just read that someone went out to lunch. I get tired just visiting with people here at home. I thought maybe something was wrong with me and that I should have more energy. I do a few things around the house, help the kids etc. That is it.

I still wear pyjamas every day. Don't want to wear anything else over the incision.
Unread 05-02-2007, 09:20 PM

Have been reading about these headaches? All has went perfect with little pain except for the head pain in the back of my head where the skull meets the neck on each side? It has been fgoing on for 3-4 days, anyone else had a similar complaint and what did you do?
Unread 05-03-2007, 03:42 AM

Yesterday, my Big Day Out, ended being a bad day for me. I was in a lot of pain by the end of the day. I did not do anything unusual except get dressed. I think I hurt myself bending over to pull on my slacks to go to the doctor and again at the doctor's office following my staple removal. The pain made me cry by the night time. Today I am going to try to stay in bed where I am bending less to sit (in the recliner) and straining less to get up when I need to walk. So far this morning I am feeling better. Taking a little break from listening to my hubby snore. LOL Returning to sleep shortly.
Unread 05-03-2007, 03:52 AM

Hi All.........
HAd my TAH/BSO Vertical incision on 4-26.......went to Dr yesterday and all staples were removed and steri strips were put on. SOme places it hurt when she removed them but over all it feels sooooo good to get them out !!!!!
All my pathology was negative !!!!!!! Yeahhhhhhh !!!!!!

I am on a low dose premarin now and she said we'll see how I do.

Again I was given orders to do NOTHING.......it is hard for me cuz I am active and always running here or there.....but am going to comply as she said if I dont I will be back and go backwards and I dont want that.

I too, have some odd bladder feelings at times. I get a pain like feeling like I have to empty/pressure. I can go three hours...but thats max and I have to go empty. Dr told me that this is normal......give it time.....I am only 1 week out.

SOmeone asked about headaches and YESSSSSSS I had them also. I got off the PAIN meds and just took a few tylenol. On my floor in hosp I saw a lot of people with heaaches and it was the side effect of the morphine !! I had allergic reaction also.
I am on NOOOOO pain meds since day 3.

For the BM's.......I am taking "colcae" and it is a god send...everything just comes out easy. dr told me to stay on it and believe me....I will !!!!!

Over all I am feeling Ok....or better than I thought I would.

I forgot to ask about driving......what does anyone know???

Hugsssssssssss
Kathi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register