Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 100 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 04-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Hi Everyone

Today is my first hysterversary. It's nice to see everyone back here. I've had a wonderful time getting back into life after feeling lousy for so long. I'm not sick anymore so I find myself making plans and being able to keep them which makes my time even more precious.

I've been on this board since just before my surgery and have met so many wonderful people. I found that the knowledge I gained from my experience as well as all of yours was useful in helping others who stepped into our shoes after we stepped out of them. I would encourage all of you to continue posting to new members who could use some words of encouragement or support. Your experiences are so valuable to those ladies in waiting who are scared just like we were. Hearing the stories of how we feel a year later, knowing it all seems like a lifetime ago can be just the thing someone needs to hear when she's terrified that her misery and fear will never end.

My personal life is in an uproar right now. My uncle (who has been a father to me for he last 25 years) has recently been diagnosed with esophogeal cancer that has metastasized, and my cousin's wife has bleeding on her brain that is causing seizures and memory loss. They can't seem to find the cause of it. Fortunately my health is well enough now so I can help with what's going on there but as a result I'm not so active on the board right now. I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well. I do miss our support for eachother and the friendships we forged during our rollercoaster of emotions and physical recovery.

Let's continue to keep in touch in the friends without faces forum so we can share our triumphs, tragedies, and the laughter in between that makes our lives so colorful.

Love to all!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2008, 01:37 PM

My end result: I CAN JUMP ON THE TRAMPOLINE AND TROT MY HORSE AND NOT PEE MY PANTS!!!!!!!!
YAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Love to all.. Kris[/quote]

Kris,

I am also a rider - Dressage. I too had bladder issues and we sooo frustrated when riding. My bladder sling did the trick for me as well! How liberating!!!!

I also had adopted a few PMU babies to help place them in good homes. I am on vivelle dot which is a synthetic and I love it - no issues or concerns.

Pat
Unread 04-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Hysterversary Updates

It was so good to read everyone's updates. It sounds like most of us are doing well, after a few bumps in the road.

My Hysterversary was the 27th. It seems like more than a year has passed since the surgery. The surgery was the easy part to me. It was the painful recovery those first few weeks that I found to be a challenge. I pretty much got back to my normal routine after 2 months. My hot flashes were driving me crazy, so I finally decided to try hormones. I got the prescription from the Dr., but was afraid to take it after I read all the potential side effects! The only thing I'm really doing now is drinking soy milk. I still get hot flashes, but not as bad or as often.

I was the one that posted about hair loss. I ended up changing shampoo and conditioner and it stopped.

Wishing everyone a great year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2008, 10:21 PM

Pat,
Glad to hear you did good by those babies.
Could you tell me what the vivelle dot is? I have never heard of it. My dr had me on premarin and wanted me to stay on it but I changed. When I went for my 6 month postop appt. he said I was doing good. I guess the hormone was to stop the thinning of my vag. wall. So the bio identical hormones were working too.
My riding is primilary rec now . Started Parelli about 4 years ago. So we play alot. My horse loves me now. hehe.
Kris
Unread 05-01-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happier123
i have had some vaginal dryness but i just used k-y and it seems okay, not on any hrt, which i cant understand, my dr said no, and i guess since im doing okay that is why, is anyone else not on hrt?. hard to belive it has been a year, i was so scared and i thank goodness for hystersisters , i would hve never been able to have gone thru my recorvery without this site,
take care
barb

I was 44 when I had my hysterectomy. I was told that I could take HRT after the surgery. Well, all was not what it seemed to be. I decided to wait for the HRT on my six week post op. But much to my surprise, I ended up having a different dr. because my original dr. went into private practice and this new dr. didn't believe in HRT. So, I went to get another opinion. That dr. also said he couldn't give me any HRT. Then I tried a third. That one two said he couldn't give me any HRT either. So I went through and am still going through surgical menopause cold turkey, and it is hell. I can't sugar coat it. The first weeks and months were worse, but now, one year later, my moods are horrible. I get mad at the smallest things. Everything irritates me. I'm ready to chew everyone's head off and I hate feeling this way. My family dr. did finally break down and gave me some vaginal estrogen cream because things were starting to hurt due to no hormones that caused atrophy. The cream helps, but my moods are the pits. And another weird thing. My breasts get sore, which I don't understand. I'm not having periods anymore. I either cry or feel like crying all the time. Does anyone know how long this misery is going to last? It gets worse as more time goes by. Just the other day I had a crying jag. Anybody else feel like this? I don't know what to do. Do I just have to live with it?
Unread 05-01-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helti
Sooo good to hear from everyone. Before I wrote my first post this week I was trying to remember everyone. I just could only remember Luvs2quilt. How are you Luvs2quilt? I saw your post. Did you ever get your hormone issues figured out?

As I am reading the posts many names now come back to me. So great to hear from everyone. I remember many of you were having hormone problems and were discussing options quite a bit. Did you all get the issues solved?

One of you mentioned problems with your hair after surgery. I lost a lot of hair after the surgery and by Sept. I decided to go to the doc. I had a lot of tests but everything was normal. They also told me it was due to stress on the body during and after surgery. My hair loss finally stopped in Oct.

I have worked hard a getting back into shape. I was really amazed how long it took to strengthen the stomach muscles again.

In Nov. I had foot surgery so I ended up with 2 surgeries in one year. (Never had any surgeries before. Had never even been to the hospital before) So 2007 was the year of surgeries for me.

Hi Helti,
Good to hear from you and our little group. No, I never did get my hormone issues settled. No dr. will give me HRT and it has been very difficult going through surgical menopause with nothing. I was finally given an estrogen vaginal cream to offset the atrophy the lack of hormones was causing. But that's it. I feel like crying all the time, my moods are awful, and I get angry so fast and easy. And it's been a year now. I thought things would get better. Lord only knows how long this is going to last. I wish one male dr. had to go through this. You'd see a big difference in the medical community.

HUGS!!!
Robin
Unread 05-01-2008, 05:53 PM
aches and pains

hi I was wondering if anyone is going through painful aches and pains in the upper arms. It started 8 weeks after my surgery and seemed to be worse in the left arm now lately the right arm is worse. I have complained to my doctors, the regular doctor first she ran blood tests and ekg and xray of the shoulder was told everything was fine. Next went to gyno and he said well sounds like symptons of menopause and is sending me for a bone density. I am only 46 years and I am so achey and never had this before the surgery. I still have my ovaries.
Unread 05-01-2008, 11:22 PM

Hi, Robin,
Sorry to hear about all your problems with Dr.s. You might try to find someone on line. I went to profile health .com (no spaces) and did a spit test and they told me what i needed and I bought it from them. They are bio identical hormones. Hystersisters sells a good book by Suzan Summers and she did alot of research. Hystersisters has alot of info on this site about hormones you need to check it out. Be agressive with your own health. Listen to your body and do what you think you need. You know yourself better than a dr does.

eieio,
Have you thought about it being in your lymphs? I found a web site called jump sport and they have a list of benefits of rebounding. I was looking for a mat for our trampoline. Jumping cleans the lymphs. My lymphs were swollen under my arms and are not that way anymore.

I went throught chemo last year and do weekly massages (sometimes she does a bowen on me, which is puttin vibrations in the body) I also drink a product that has alot of antioxidents called Mona Vie. My aches and pains are related to the chemo and I went off the MV to another product and my feet and joints hurt. So I'll go back on the MV as the other isn't working as well.

Our health is all we have and we have to take care of our bodies. No one else will take as much of an interest in us as we oursleves

We all have access to the internet. There is a world of information out there Just google what you want to know about.

Blessing to all,
Kris
Unread 05-02-2008, 07:27 AM

I am sorry that you still have problems, Robin. What a bummer! I wonder too when it will stop. There has got to be other natural ways to help you. We cannot always just depend on the doctors. We have to read and learn about our own bodies and try to figure out how we can help ourselves. I really hope you find a solution.
Unread 05-05-2008, 09:16 PM

Kris,

Vivelle Dot is a brand name for the generic Estradiol. It is a patch that I change twice per week. The generic Estradiol is also a patch and it is less expensive, but I like the Vivellet dot because it is clear and the size of a postage stamp where the generic Estradiol patch is the size of a silver dollar and it is white. I have no ovaries and with the patch I have no issues at all with hot flashes or uncomfortable sex. I have had to use lubrication for years prior to my hysterectomy, and still do, but I have no pain at all.

I ride mostly for pleasure too now. We have beautiful trails around us, so it is wonderful to go out this time of year!

Good luck with your hormones and happy riding!

Pat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register