Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 05-08-2007, 07:27 AM
check up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melish
I had my two week check-up today after a vaginal hysterectomy and postier repair. I'm happy to report I'm healing extremely well! My doc said only 2 things to hold out another 2 weeks on...that's heavy lifting and sex. I was so excited 2 more weeks and I can have sex again! Seems silly but man I miss it.
Hope everyone else is doing well!
so you can have sex at 4 wks, thats great. I had my surg 3 days before you. How did the rectocele go. mine is getting better, hopefully.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2007, 07:43 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Kathim,
Yes, my binder was great during those early days right after the surgery. They put it on me in the hospital. When I woke up in the recovery room it was already on me. I had planned on buying one but I'm glad I didn't. It really helps me and gives my stomach a lot of support. I usually take it off at night when I go to bed, but I wear it during the day when I go out. I don't know what I'd do without it. My incision is horizontal. It goes right across my stomach from one side to the other. I had a large fibroid that they couldn't take out vaginally, so they had to cut me across my stomach.

Robin
Unread 05-08-2007, 10:57 AM

Hello, All!

This is my first post since my TAH on 4/25. I'm feeling pretty good, so far. End of day is rough and still take narcotic at bed-time, but only take one and don't take second one eventhough I wake after sleeping about 4 hours. I watch a little TV and go back to sleep (timers on TV's and bad late night programming are so welcome!). Taking walks up and down the block since Sunday 5/6 when the rains stopped. Will take one today once someone is home and before the rain starts again. Ugh! Rain makes my incision throb, so rain for 7 of the first 10 days post-op was not a treat. Lot's of reading and embroidery are getting accomplsihed. I have a pile of thank you notes to send to dear friends who have sent flowers.

Each day the ability to concentrate gets better. The BM thing comes and goes. I've had one everyday since day 5 post-op. Yesterday was great. Today, the pain was so bad I thought I would collapse. I'll have to try and figure out what I ate yesterday... Still eating lots of fiber & fruit. Have lost 5 pounds since pre-op prep and haven't put it back on! Yeah!

It's so good to read how everyone else in the same time frame is doing. Just remember, take it easy and do what the Dr. says.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2007, 12:05 PM

Today I ventured out alone. I am not released to drive yet, however, since I have not had a narcotic for 6 days and I was going less than 2 miles round trip I decided to give it a whirl. Neighborhood grocery, no big streets to navigate. I had to get my meds and did not want my husband to have to stop after work or go back out at night. At first he was really concerned that I was gonna push myself. Then he was like, "Well, why don't you drive over to have lunch with me? Want to meet me at the library after work?" I said, no, I am just gonna try this tiny trip only. He means so well.
I did take a pain pill when I got home. I think it had nothing to do with my short trip. I am having the healing tugs and pains. Not constant, but sporadic pains. Why suffer? So I took a pill. Plus I want a nap today so I do feel well enough for my husband to take me to the library tonight. Our dog club has their meetings there and tonight is the monthly meeting.
I noticed some brown streak in the toilet after urinating this morning. Is this what the stitches are? It did not look like strings but like dust. Another thing on the doctor list for Friday. LOL
Gonna jump in the shower now. Not even 1 of my steri strips has fallen off yet. The tops on all are starting to curl. I am going to have to take them off on Friday so the doctor can see the incision if they don’t fall off in the shower by themselves like the nurse said they would. It will be a week tomorrow since she placed them on me.
Unread 05-08-2007, 02:02 PM

Guess I am a slow poke. Had my TAH-BSO and A&P repair 4/24/07 over lunch time. They gave me an intrathecal injection for pain, so I was numb for awhile. Also had a PCA, but they both made me itch terribly, so I gave up on the PCA morphine and they switched me to IV toradol. That worked pretty well. I feel pretty good now, just no get up and go. Have been reading and watching TV and going for walks. So I am doing OK. I only have a dog and cat to distract me, so I don't have to worry about anyone else at home. DDs are in Alaska and Utah. DH has been exceptional for me meeting my every whim. My docs where I work sent a HUGE basket of flowers and even my DH's work sent a planter. All in all so far this has gone well, much better than I expected. All my remaining parts seem to be functioning well. My next appointment is in a few more weeks so I guess I get the final answers then. Thank you all for your help and guidance. This board is a wonderful thing. God bless you all.
Unread 05-08-2007, 02:15 PM

Well, I just back from hiking a hill with 1000 foot elevation gain in one mile. So, in other words, that's straight up (I'm such a maverick!) I was extremely careful, especially coming down, didn't want to trip on rocks or tree roots.
I want to go back to work next week, but might not be able to catch my doctor.

So, for the rest of the week, I'm going to rest a lot because I'm going backpacking this weekend!!!
(Don't try this at home kids )
Unread 05-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Checking In

Well, today was my first Day Out (surgery on the 27th, released from hospital the 30th). Left the house about 10:00 am to get the staples removed. Not painful, but not pleasant! Finally was able to communicate with the doctor without being in pain and on drugs. Turns out I had an infection in my ovaries that got quite out of control, necessitating a TAH. No cancer of any kind.

Followed the doctor visit with lunch in a restaurant and then ran a couple of errands. Couldn't wait to get back home, into my nightie and back to my sick bed to recuperate. Was probably out a total of 4 hours.

Finished all my antibiotics, taking pain pills as needed (Ibuprofin during the day and Hydrocodone by night).

Glad to hear everyone else is getting better, slowly but surely.
Unread 05-08-2007, 03:46 PM

Hi everyone,
doing good today, had a really bad day yesterday, ran out of pain meds so had to call the doctor for more. I can make it until the afternoon without them but the the pain gets bad, I tend to do to much in the morning. I'm getting really bored not able to drive and get out when I like to, I am to affraid to drive still. I'm hoping to start in the next couple of days.
Unread 05-08-2007, 04:05 PM

at last! Spontaneous BM!! I am really excited! I had begun to think I was stuck like that forever! Then of course it got too painful and too frequent! But it seems my system is working again and that can only be good!

I was going to venture out today but I don't know if I am ready yet, since we got our air conditioner fixed this morning the house just feels like this nice cool haven to be in. We shall see.
Unread 05-08-2007, 07:15 PM

This may seem like an odd question, but I was always very regular, a BM every morning between 6:30 & 7:30 A.M. Now since the 3rd day after my surgery, I have at least 3 a day. I feel great! But has it increased for anyone else? Just wondering. I haven't been on any meds since the day after I got out of the hospital, so that's no affecting it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register