Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 22 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 05-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Set backs

Seems like some of us are having some small setbacks. I'm having some spotting today and a few sharp pains. I have been testing my limits, reaching up and down and laying on my side. I've been doing a little more standing (15-20 minutes to cook) and sitting (at the computer for an hour or so). Mostly I've been sitting in bed, doing some work on my laptop. I guess I better take it easy the rest of the night.

My goal is to attend a conference next Wednesday. I hope I can find some clothes that will be comfortable. I have lost 10 pounds, but can't see it for the "swelly belly".

Easy does it!

Eva
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

I had a hard day today too. I feel like I have the flu or something. I feel very heavy and my tummy feels sick. Today was my two week check up and I had diarrhea in the doctor's office twice while waiting.
I got a good report though. Off driving restrictions, all others still in place. He checked that bump from the shot in the hospital. He said it is a hematoma and can take two months to resolve. Other than that he is really happy with the way my incision is healing and my progress.
Unread 05-11-2007, 07:20 PM

Hi I had my surgery April 26 and I feel great. I dont FEEL post-op at all. Im afraid I'll over do it, but trying to behave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2007, 07:21 PM

Shantra,

It seems everyone heals at a different rate. It's hard to compare healing rates since we have all had surgery for different problems. Some people have had more work done than others and it will, of course, take longer to heal.

Don't get discouraged. If the doctor says rest, then rest. Don't compare yourself with anyone else.

Here are some "Get Well" flowers

I get my good days and my tired days. I just try to pace myself as best I can. Sometimes you just have to
Unread 05-11-2007, 07:42 PM

My surgery was on April 23rd and while I do feel better than those first few weeks, I still find that I need to pace myself. Today I had to take a long nap. I was just so tired. The iron pills are helping and my appetite is getting better, but I start to find myself doing too much and have to stop and rest. I can walk around the grocery store pretty good, but I'm very tired afterwards. I still get those twinges where my incision is healing, but I haven't been on any pain medication for days now. I have it if I need it, but don't feel the pain is bad enough right now.

Isn't it strange how we wait and wait for our surgery date to come, but after it's all over, the time just flies? I wish it had flown when I was waiting to go to the castle. I'm still not on HRT, and hopefully I won't have to go on it. But I do find myself being more moody than before. I find myself getting short tempered for no reason at all. Or the littlest thing will bother me. I'm hoping with time this will go away.
Unread 05-11-2007, 07:49 PM

I was started on HRT right after my surgery. I do wake up soaking wet some nights, I imagine they are "night sweats' I've heard about. Somewhat worried how Im going to feel as I get more into it. I haven't got a chance to ask my doctor what to expect.
Unread 05-11-2007, 08:39 PM

Since I'm not on hrt, I worry about when the dreaded night sweats will come. So far it's really just been the tiredness and I do feel hot during the day, but not that boiling heat I felt when I was having my periods. I go to see my dr. this week. I'm going to write down some questions I want to ask her. Especially about HRT if I have to go on it. Maybe it takes time to work or you need to try something else. I really never talked to my dr. about hormone replacement before the surgery. I wish I had.
Unread 05-12-2007, 07:08 AM

Doing pretty well. Feel my strength coming back. Could walk a little faster yesterday. A faster grannie pace. Got my blood work results yesterday and my hemaglobin count has gone from 7 to 10. Not bad.
I did get a yeast infection though so I had to take this pill yesterday and was told that should clear it up. I hope so. I am itchy.

Glad to hear everyone seems to be getting better.

Love,
Helti
Unread 05-12-2007, 07:41 AM

I had an abdominal hysterectomy and have been home for a few days now. I was doing quite well until my incision really started to bother me. It's very painful and the meds don't help. They stapled the incision together after the surgery and took the staples out before I left the hospital. Pieces of tape replaced the staples. My instructions were to wash the incision with soap and water and pat dry. The tape would fall off on it's own. That's it. I'm worried it's getting infected. I wonder if I can use some Neosporin on it. Of course, now it's Saturday, and the doctor's office is closed. Any suggestions?
Unread 05-12-2007, 08:59 AM

Hi Shnookybud,
Is the incision site warmer than other parts of your body? Does it itch? Does it look like it has prickly heat? My yeast infection at the incision site did all of the above at that point in time post-op. Does the doctor have a call service or do you have a clinic near by? IMHO if it doesn't feel right, I get it checked out. If the doctor grumbles so be it. It is your comfort and health.

Hugs and good luck,
Crystal

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register