Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 27 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 05-15-2007, 07:24 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Men!!!! Mine husband helped really well the first 2 days, now its not so good! It is so frustrating when things don't get done. My house has never been so messy! I feel like I have to beg to get stuff done. I take a small armfull of laundry at a time and do it! I'm sure he'll be a willing participant when the sex thing is OK though!!!! Thanks for letting me get this off my chest, I feel better already!!! Everyone have a good day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2007, 07:27 AM

Hi. I'm new to all of this. I'm 2 1/2 weeks out of surgery. Feeling good but taking it real easy. I have my post-op appointment this week. I hope to get clearance to start driving. Is it realistic to think that I'll be able to resume to work (I do general office work) part-time by 6/1 (I'll be about 5 weeks into recovery)?
Unread 05-15-2007, 08:12 AM

Had my TVH on 4/23. Feeling horrible today. My back is killing me, I ache all over & my lower abs feel like I have been punched a few times. I may have overdone it over the weekend on the soccer field & walking around the yard on mothers day! I only "sportschair" coached 2 games on Sunday. OOPS! The short term memory is kicking in...I was on the field last night for an hour also. Anybody out there experiencing the same who had a TVH???? Need a friend....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2007, 08:35 AM

Men, got to love them ( not). I have 3 - my hubby of 26 years and 2 grown sons. You'd think anyone would offer to help. When I ask for the most they will help but not w/o a look.
Meanwhile, my son's girlfriend is a sweetie. When she is around she helps. She is pre med, she will be a great doctor.
Unread 05-15-2007, 08:38 AM
Urinalysis Negative!!!

HI.......I just got notified this morning that the urinalysis I did yesterday for possible UTI infection is NEGATIVE !!! I guess I should be happy but actually was hoping for a reason for this bladder pressure (sometimes) and also little shots of pricking in the uretha.

I guess it is post op healing-feelings????? I am 19 days post op TAH/BSO Vertical incision
ANy ideas?????

Thanks

Kathi
Unread 05-15-2007, 08:43 AM

My sister-in-law is a nurse midwife and she told me that the bladder gets probed and moved around a bit during surgery. Also, if the uterus was pressing on the bladder, it is now adjusting to the lack of that pressure -- any of these things could cause it to be ultra-sensitive. Sometime putting a pillow on your abdomen with a little bit of pressure helps. Drink a lot of water -- it helps. Really, it does.
Unread 05-15-2007, 08:45 AM

Hi Soccer-chic: I know all about spending too much time on a field. My son is a lacrosse player and that has been the sum-total of my activity since the end of last week. Do you have a good "field chair"? The bleachers are killers? I usually pop a motrin before I head out to the field. It seems to help with the leg and back pain.
Unread 05-15-2007, 08:51 AM

Hey Kathim!
Yes, it is probably post-op. The second day after surgery I experienced the same thing. I was diagnosed with chronic cystitis 12 years ago. So after surgery I was freaking out when I started feeling the prickly urethra(couldn't take my meds for the cystitis). I told my husband "this all I need on top of the TVH". But, it subsided & I was happy!
Unread 05-15-2007, 09:00 AM

I have a great field chair...if I can stay in it! My 18 yro DD has been trying to keep me grounded. But, it has been hard with soccer season. I coach a clinic team & my son's U18 boys soccer team. Last night I found myself on my oxycodone again. Thanks for your support!
Unread 05-15-2007, 09:04 AM

I think everyone here is just so used to me doing absolutely everything they are totally lost about what TO do! I have been reading the checkpoints so I have a good idea what to ask them to do and if they do not do it I am still not.. but also I am going to say that it has to be done before I am well enough because I am not doing weeks of work in one go and if necessary I will hire someone to come in and do it.

newfound - I don't know what type of procedure you had, that makes so much difference, as does age, complications etc so please ask your Doctor.

Soccerchic I would say you are doing really well. No way could I even think of the activity level you are doing at this stage. Also thanks for the comments on the prickly urethra, I used to get this every single month when I had my periods and I am waiting to see if it settles down and if not I am calling the Doctor again.

Kathim, I am really pleased to hear that you do not have a UTI, I would still check with them what is going on though, I would be interested to hear.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register