Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 05-16-2007, 07:34 AM
I guess.....

I guess normal being that someone from the practice saw you BUT I would assume since she did the surgery she would want to see you herself. My surgeon saw me the 2 days after my surgery then released me and I saw him 2 weeks post op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2007, 08:23 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

newfound,
I had my surgery at Maine Medical Center in Portland. I only saw my two surgeons very briefly, about once the entire time I was in the hospital. I thought they would come in and explain how things went. They didn't. I just went for my post op the other day and I only saw one of the surgeons. I didn't even get to ask her half the questions I needed to ask before she told me she had to go. I was extremely annoyed. I guess the only real way for me to find out what went on during my surgery is to get my hospital records. I also had to have my gallbladder out after I had my hyst. The dr. that took my gallbladder out didn't even tell me what I should or shouldn't eat. When I asked, I was told to look it up on the internet. Well, that doesn't help me too much. I was a little ticked off. I think in the future we won't even see our drs. anymore except in the OR and all other care will be taken care of by the nurses.

Robin
Unread 05-16-2007, 08:31 AM

I was in a university teaching hospitol and I saw my 2 surgeons immediately before surgery and then every morning at 6 am the student Dr assigned to me would come in (she was also in the OR room) and check me and then at 8am the whole team along with my surgeons partner would come in with students and I would get checked again and then always sometime later in the day my actual GYN surgeon would come by. She saw me every-day while in hosp and she saw me 7 days post op and she is seeing me again the 21st.
She is VERY "HANDS ON"
I am VERY happy with how she has treated me and the care.
I honestly think there is a HUGE difference between Teaching hospitols and private....only my own opinion thouigh. I wouldnt go to my local hospitol if my life depended upon it.....it is terrible !!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2007, 08:51 AM

I'm amazed some doctors don't come talk to their patients. The doctor who did my surgery also delivered two of my children and I really like him. He actually came and saw me twice while in the hospital and the student doctor who helps him also came twice. I was there less than 24 hours! he also called to check on me after I was home...also he called to check on me the night before surgery to see if I had any questions. I know this has been such a better experience than my last surgery!
Unread 05-16-2007, 09:01 AM

Isn't it amazing how it differs across the nation? I agree, I think teaching hospitals are the way to go. My husband told me to go with the other MD even though she didn't take any insurance. He did say my health & well being was important. I just knew " where would we get the money to pay"? I am sure we could have done it but I thought the guy who did my surgery was good not super but good.
Unread 05-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Should I feel this good!?

Hi everyone,
It's been a few weeks since I posted a update. I was very scared to have my staples removed and the sisters helped me through that. It will be 3 weeks and 1 day on this Friday when I return to the doctor for my first internal exam. I feel great and wonder if this is the norm! No pain meds and very, very little discomfort. I hope to return to work for a few days/hours next week, if she will let me. I haven't overdone it and I'm lucky enough to have a great family that treats me like a queen everyday as a way of life. My daughter is home from college and she is stepping in to do the things her father & brother forget!
To God be the glory, the pathology report was clear of cancer, yea to me! I look forward to bringing more friends into our very helpful sisterhood, thank you all for being there and answering so many questions! I will post once I leave the doctor on Friday and keep you updated! I am truly blessed and highly favored!
Unread 05-16-2007, 10:56 AM

Hi Newfound,

Having surgery on a Friday can change who you see for post op in hospital care for the rest of your stay. I'm from the Boston area too, and had my TAH with BSO on the same day as you. I saw my surgeon both before and after my surgery on Thursday. He also came in once on Friday, but I was seen by another doctor from his practice on Saturday to be released. When your doctor is part of a large practice as Brigham's affiliates usually are, you get whomever is on the rotation. It's not unusual, and the level of competent surgical care is generally equal. I think from a patient perspective though, there's some comfort in the familiarity that comes with the doctor who knows your insides best. It sounds like your castle care was excellent, and that's what matters. Happy healing!

Tracy
Unread 05-16-2007, 01:22 PM

I am 3 weeks post op as of yesterday, I have been working this week, although I only work 3 hours or so and most of that is sitting. I am doing o.k. as far as pain goes, but started having diahrrea today and a chest cold! My little dog got hit by a car yesterday and killed and I feel so sad. I let her out and usually only allow her 10 minutes, but I fell asleep because I didn't feel great and the mail lady came and told me she hit her. Then I had to tell my 4 year old and that was even worse. I have my 4 week check on Monday and hope that is it. Thanks for listening.

Lisa
Unread 05-16-2007, 02:36 PM

My wonderful surgeon came to see me every single afternoon that I was in the hospital. Friday (his day off), Saturday and Sunday.
Unread 05-16-2007, 02:39 PM

My surgeon also came in every single day. Like Shantra he also came in on his day off (to discharge me). I am so thankful for having a good doc.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register