Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 04-28-2007, 02:19 PM
day four

Pain is a lot better today. I had a suburethral sling with my LAVH and my groin area is also still tender, but not nearly as sore as a few days ago. Can't focus (read/TV) for long stretches of time without getting lightheaded. I ususally feel like I need to put my head down after I've been up for a little while. I thought that I would feel guilty over having meals brought to me, but I am so thankful. (It makes me feel pampered, and I am a princess now, right?) I can take short walks down the street but that is about it. Hoping my stamina increases soon. I'm not used to being inactive and I'm already getting stir crazy. I enjoy reading your updates...hoping you all mend quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Surgery LAVH on the 24th

My surgery was o.k., I had a few complications, due to a lot of adhesions that went to my bladder, my doctor accidentally cut my bladder, so my surgery was 41/2 hrs in stead of 2, they had to do bladder repair and I have to have a catheter for 2 weeks post op. I seem to feel o.k., I am still taking pain meds and am resting a lot, I spent 4 days in the hospital and blew out two iv's. So par for the course for me, nothing goes easily. I have not had a bm, but my doctor said if I don't have one by sunday to take milk of magnesia. I'm glad everything went well for everyone. Talk soon! Sox726
Unread 04-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Hello everyone. Good to hear from all of you. Had my TAH on Monday and got home Thursday. I am doing pretty well but get tired really fast. My surgery went well and was faster than expected 1 hour 20 minutes. I had very little blood loss which was great since I was so anemic going into surgery. I did not take any blood but I am eating these huge iron pills now. $1.25 a piece. I am still taking pain meds. I am trying to cut back but is having a little bit of a hard time. Can now go almost 6 hours between pills if I take some ipo-profen in between. How long do you think we need them?
Haven't had BM either. Making me nervous.

Helti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2007, 03:34 PM

Hi everyone.

I had a TVH on the 23rd. Actually, I had more pain than I anticipated on that day. We tried Percocet, but that wasn't touching it, so I ended up with Dilaudid. The surgery was a little more complex than normal, as my uterus is tilted, and there wasn't much working room. The resident said that most docs wouldn't have been able to do it vaginally, but, fortunately, mine could.

They kept the catheter in after surgery, which, somehow, surprised me. My bladder kept spasming around it, and I wanted it OUT. So, the first thing I asked Tuesday was "What do I have to do to get out of here?" They told me what they needed to see (walking, a certain amount of urination, passing gas, etc.) and that became my "to do" list. By that night, I was on my way home.

Doctor called me Wednesday to see how I was and to tell me the pathology report was in. I had many submucous fibroids. No cancer. Woo hoo!

I'm down to using Advil during the day, and Tramadol at night for pain. My first bowel movement was yesterday. Mostly that is okay, but, earlier today I strained a bit with it, and some vaginal bleeding occurred (haven't had any since yesterday). Guess I need to be a little careful.

Overall, after that first day, things have been better than I thought.

Sheila
Unread 04-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Luisin87

This is the first time that I do this ,please pardon my mistakes but I do want to say Thank you for the support and all the information that I was able to get from this website.My surgery was on the 25 I had vaginal hysterectomy and I am doing great. I don't need to take pain killers and I only have gas pain.Everything is working fine.I am resting , walking a bit and being pampered a lot!

a speedy recovery to all!
Unread 04-28-2007, 04:14 PM

HI everyone!

It's good to hear so many positive reports. I had a TAH with BSO on April 26th, and came home today. Surgery went fine. I was a little nauseated from the anesthesia, but they gave me something to take care of that right away. I was on a demerol drip for the first 18 hours. After that they tried one percoset. I didn't feel like I needed it but I tried it. I didn't even notice once it wore off, so I switched to 800 mg Motrin. I hope it continues to go this smoothly. I'm afraid the honeymoon is going to end and I'm going to crash! No bm for me yet either, but I'm drinking lots of water and juice. I've been told any juice that starts with a "p" - pineapple, peach, pear, prune, papaya has a laxative effect. Happy healing, and thanks to all!
Unread 04-28-2007, 04:14 PM

Pain is slowly getting better, but I just took 3 extra strength Tylenol and I'll take two more tonight when I go to bed. Either that or I'll take one of the pain pills the dr. prescribed. Yesterday I had lots of diarrhea but today I had a normal BM and it didn't hurt. I'm still very tired and extremely sore. I suppose that is normal because the dr. had to take out more than she thought and surgery lasted 6 hours instead of 2. Plus I lost a unit of blood so they are going to put me on iron. I went into the hospital on 4/23 and came home that Wednesday. I was given the option of staying one more day and I wish I had taken it. The incisions where they took my gallbladder out are a bit sore, but not too bad. The drs. never told me anything about the path report or other records, but I do know they had to get a cancer dr. in the OR because everything was adhered together and the drs. never expected it. And the drs. wanted to make sure that the tubes going into my kidneys were okay. They tell me it will take at least a month to heal and I'm not rushing things. I had a submucosal fibroid which I later learned was the least of my problems. The drs. had a difficult time getting the unexpected endometriosis off my other organs. They say it was stuck to everything. But the anesthesia didn't make me sick when I woke up. So that was good. I'll learn a lot more details when I go for my post op. I'm no worse for wear. It's just the our stomaches are so sensitive and when they are cut open and sewed back up they sure are sore. I'm still wearing my abdominal binder. I open it up a little at night when I go to bed. The toughest part of all of this is the soreness. And I know with time it will go away. I wish they had taken about 30lbs. off me while the drs. had me open. I agonized so much about what to do. Now all that worrying is behind me. The drs. said I made the right decision about having everything taken out. If I had just gone and left my ovaries, none of the drs. would have known about the other problems. The hospital staff couldn't have been better if I were a queen. They were wonderful. I plan on sending them a Thank You letter.

The catheter drove me nuts. They didn't take it out until day 3, when I was coming home. It was so uncomfortable. Other than that, things were much better than I imagined.
Unread 04-28-2007, 05:18 PM
I am doing ok

My surgery was on Monday, April 23rd late in the day close to 6pm. Came home on Wed. around 4:30pm
Got off the morphine pump on Tuesday afternoon.
The pain was bad Monday night for sure. Far worse than my 2 c sections 24 years ago, then again I am 53 years old not 29 or 34 as when I had my sons.
I know the routine basically b/c of my sections - rest, a little walking, not to do stairs if possible, no lifting, yada, yada, yada.
I have been following the orders and doing ok except since sometime during the night my belly area feels so tight it hurts a little. Granted I haven't had anything since I took a perocet at 8am. My GYN sent me home with that and Motrin.

I don't remember my belly feeling this way when I had my c sections, is this normal?
I am not over doing it, trust me, I am mostly sitting and reading a lot. I just feel like I am going to POP.

Yes, I have had my gas and several BM's already so what gives with this? My son's girlfriend, who is premed, said that is b/c my stitches are healing.

Anybody else having this?

Mary Ann
Unread 04-28-2007, 05:20 PM
one more thing

I forgot to say I had a TAH and kept my left ovary, everything else is gone.

Mary Ann

P.S. Thank you for this site, you are all so helpful.
Unread 04-28-2007, 07:28 PM

still sore in the groin from the sling procedure---i actually have holes there....stitches---wow!!! still no bm...sending the hubby for some glycerine soposatories (i'm a pe teacher--spelling stinks) --do they work? i'm too getting that light headed/dizzy stuff after long period of times awake/active....also was put on iron supp. for being anemic....have lost nearly 10 lbs since the 24th...but appetite is coming back....hope you all sping back quickly! we are strong women

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register