Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 05-16-2007, 03:38 PM
Is everyone sick of me whining ????

LOLOLOLOLOL.....

My urinalysis was NEGATIVE yesterday............but today the culture came back POsitive for colonies of something......Dr (my PCP) is calling in Levaquin and the Pee-orange pills !!

I hope this does the trick !!!!

At least I know those uretha pricking feelings are NOT all in my head. I was beginning to wonder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

I took levaquin for my infection and started feeling better the next day. It's a five day series of pills that works for 7-10 days. Good luck with that Kathi! Hope that solves the problem.
Unread 05-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Tender belly

Hi girls
This is my first post here. I had a TAH on 4/30 and am doing okay except for a sunburned feeling over my tummy (it feels like it's outside and inside) that is all over from my belly button down to the incision. It is uncomfortable to have any clothes touching me and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. My son's high school graduation is on Saturday and at this point I don't think I can make it. I have a dr appt tomorrow but thought I'd check and see if any of you have had this problem. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2007, 04:25 PM
3 wks post-op

Hello ladies. Haven't posted in a long time, not much to say. I've been feeling really good, I saw my Dr. today and told him I feel kind of guilty, after reading about some of the complications here. He shared my path report with me; all good news! I had a 7cm fibroid and a 10 cm cyst on my left ovary. That one really surprised him. So now no more junk in the trunk! Hard to tell, because of the swelly belly! I went up a pant size, even though I lost 11 lbs.! Oh yeah, they also found adenoyosis; I have seen it here numerous times, but had no idea what it was. He said that was the cause of 37 yrs. of debilitating cramps. I feel so fortunate, I feel so good, no complications, no long term effects, well only good ones! The hormones (estradiol 1mg) are working well. He gave me samples of 4 others that he wants me to play with, so as long as I have 5 more weeks off work, why not? Anyway, sorry to go on and on. Take care!

Jodi
Unread 05-16-2007, 04:30 PM

I had the exact same feeling and it ended up being an abscess. It's still draining as I write this, and the rupture happened last Tuesday. Call your doctor first thing in the morning to be safe. You don't want to end up where I was. Good luck!
Unread 05-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Luisin87

Hi Everyone!
I am on my third week after my VAH. On the second week I began to experience strong gas pain or something that feels like that. On my first visit to the Dr. after the surgery he sent me to the Lab for a pelvic sonogram.
They discovered a "hematoma" at the site of the surgery and gave me two strong antibiotics and a pain killer for 7 days.
The pain is less but is not gone and I feel weak.
I want to know if any of the members have had this experience or have heard of it. Thanks,

2nd
Unread 05-16-2007, 05:50 PM

I had my surgery on a Thursday. The Dr. came out and talked to my husband before the surgery and after. I saw him that night and 2 times a day Friday and Sat. I saw him in the morning on Sunday and came home that evening. The nursing staff was great on graveyards it was the day that was not so great. I live in New Mexico. Am feeling really pretty good.
Kris
Unread 05-16-2007, 06:20 PM

Lisa,
I feel your pain about your dog! I am an animal lover! I am sooooo sorry! Think about the great life you gave him or her!
Unread 05-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Checking In

Well, I tested my limits today. I attended an all day conference - in heels. I was a little shaky on standing and climbing stairs, but sitting was OK. I didn't really feel any pain until I got home. Rested for awhile, then had to do the dishes, because my DD refused. She hasn't been very sympathetic. She's more worried about prom and graduation.

I'm back in bed now. Took some Ibuprofin. Go to the Dr. for a check up tomorrow.

Glad to hear most of you are doing well. For those facing challenges, hang in there. Just take it easy.

Eva
Unread 05-16-2007, 07:12 PM

Melish,

The hospital where I had my surgery is also a teaching hospital, and even though the drs. were good, I saw much more of the nurses and became closer to them than my own drs. The surgeon that did my hysterectomy came in twice. One on day 2. She didn't stay long or check my incision. Just stopped in to say hello. I didn't see her again until the day I was discharged. I did have questions to ask her that I never got a chance to ask. Even at my post op she only had about 30 minutes to spare and most of that was me waiting in the room for her to come in. I did find out that they couldn't take my cervix out due to adhesions, so that means I'm always going to need a pap smear. Yuck!! They hurt so much.

At the same time of the surgery I also had my gallbladder out. Now you won't believe this. I never saw any of the drs. that helped, except one. He came in my room just once. He told me he was one of the drs. in the OR, told me his name, and then turned around and went out the door!!! I wasn't even given any kind of diet to follow. He didn't even say hello.

So, as far as the drs. go, I was very disappointed. The nurses were excellent. They even came in at night and asked me if I wanted an ice cream or ice chips or ginger ale. They really were sweethearts.

The drs. schedules at this hospital are strange. The main surgeon that I had is only there two days a week. Then she goes somewhere else. Probably because she is a Resident. I have no insurance and went to the ob/gyn clinic at the hospital and that is probably the reason things turned out the way they did. I would have given anything to have my own private dr. that had an office outside the hospital or was at the hospital all week long.

My primary dr. is also a Resident. His office is across town from the hospital but he works with all the other Residents. Every time I saw him I told him my acid reflux was getting worse. I told him about the pains I was getting in the middle of my chest. I don't think he was even listening. Instead, I ended up going to the ER on three different occasions. By the third time the dr. I saw thought to do a blood test. Finally!!! By then I was in so much pain I didn't care what they did. After that they did an ultrasound and saw all the gallstones and the infection. It just so happened that this was only a few days away from my hysterectomy so the drs. managed to coordinate their schedules so that both operations could be done together.

My brother has lived in New York City for 35 years now. He has had the same dr. all this time. He tells me that every time he goes, his dr. knows him so well that he doesn't even have to look at his chart. That is the kind of dr. I would love to have but never will. When you go to any type of Family Practice or clinic, you get a new dr. every 1-2 years, depending on when they graduate. This means that when you see the new dr., you have to go over your entire medical history all over again. So far I've done this six times and I'm tired of it. I asked if I could get on the list at the clinic to be a patient of one of the permanent drs. there. They told me the list was too long. So while everything turned out ok, I pretty much have to be my own dr. as well, and when I know something is wrong, no matter being told otherwise, I have to get it through to the dr. that something is really wrong. Otherwise I'll get the brush off.

Sorry this is so long. I just see where health care is headed and it isn't pretty. When my aunt would go for a physical, it would take at least an hour. Now she sees the dr. for about 15 minutes. And most drs. here don't even recommend a screening Colonoscopy. They only want someone to have one that is having problems, and by that time it's usually too late.

Sorry to vent. I just get so disgusted at the way the health care system is headed.

Robin

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register