Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 05-17-2007, 09:57 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Hi makayla02,
Thank you for the response. Yea my infection came in about a week and a half after my surgery. it swelled up and hurt like the dickens. the doctor thinks it was a blood clot that started to leak and then the caused the infection. I am on the last day of antibiotics, thank goodness! I am still having pain, usually in the late afternoon and evening, still taking percoceot, I have that lovely thing call fibromyalgia, constant pain all the time, but with the belly pain it doubles. so its a no win situation.
well everyone have a good day and I will talk soon
Anna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2007, 12:09 PM

To the sister who said her husband thinks she should already be "healed": Print off some of the HysterSisters info and make him read it!!!!
Unread 05-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Reply to Skip

Good for you! Be pampered for awhile. You are SO, SO lucky to have the ovarian stuff found. I know that no one wants chemo, but a friend of mine who is having it said it's not nearly as bad as he had thought. Best to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2007, 12:27 PM

good luck to you anna
Unread 05-17-2007, 12:49 PM

Is anyone starting to get a little restless????

My company left Sunday so no one is here during the day. I get kind of tired of reading and watching TV. Can't really clean, garden, shop etc. Tried some cleaning yesterday but hurt myself, so back to doing very little. I bent forward too much and ouch. Don't do that ladies!!! Go straight down using your legs.

I do go to work for 2 hours a day and that really helps. I can work when I want since we have our own company. Gets me out of the house. Never thought I would say that It helps to go to the company. I MUST BE RESTLESS.

Well, at least I have everyone at hystersisters. I check in several times a day.

Helti
TAH
Unread 05-17-2007, 01:09 PM

I'm getting restless too. There are so many things that I want to do. I did a few things the other day but I think I over did it because I didn't feel so good afterwards. I'm still wearing my abdominal binder. It feels good to have that support. I had my surgery the same day you did. Time sure went by fast afterwards. Tomorrow I go to the dentist for a cleaning. Other than that I have a few other dr. appts. this month, but nothing special. I go back to the surgeon who did my hyst on June 7th, so I still have a few more weeks off. I don't know why she wants to see me again, but she does. Oh, I get to have a pap test when I do. Isn't that fun? They couldn't take my cervix out so I will still have to have pap tests. I hope it doesn't hurt as much this time.

Have fun at work. I envy you. I'm so bored.
Unread 05-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Checking in !!!

Hi........
Just an update on "me" ....
I am dealing with this UTI ..started the leviquin and pyridium last eve and now the gyno-surgeo called today as I wanted to run what my PCP had Rx'd and she added a diflucan pill to this thinking I possibly have a vag-yeastie going on also. I see her on Monday the 21st anyway.

I felt I was doing good but now this has me down and depressed a little. DOnt know if this is normal to have this appear 3 weeks post op or not???

I am not so much restless as I find things to do and ways to do them with my grabber-reacher thingy but I am ALSO tired of TV and reading. Of course my DR bills have started piling in so I need to sit and start writing !!!

I am so sorry for the 2 gals who lost their beloved dogs.
Mine are mY children and we have lost our share and it is always horrible. My sympathy is with you !

I just called and made a hair appt for a color/highlight and trim next Wednesday and dear hubby and I are going for mani/pedi's today at 3pm so I will be a new lady !!!!!! Looking forward to all of it.

I hope everyone is doing OK but NOT OVER-DOING it !!!!!!!

I did do some ironing today....hope it was OK?????

Hugsssss
Kathi
Unread 05-17-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Is anyone starting to get a little restless????
Restlessness is driving me crazy!
When I heard the doctor tell me 4 - 6 weeks off, I thought about staying home, playing on the computer, watching movies, reading books. This sounded great to me, I LOVE taking it easy and doing what I feel like doing.
Only - the reality is different. My attention span is a lot shorter than it was. I put a movie on, and I keep pausing it to see what else is on TV, to get a drink, go to the bathroom, or just walk around. Sitting up at the computer gets uncomfortable after 15 minutes, and I've read three mediocre novels by people who used to be my favorite authors.
I was expecting, I guess, to enjoy having some time to relax, but it's not feeling that way at all.
Unread 05-17-2007, 03:09 PM

I can understand boredom and restlessness, I was also very bored and have read 5 books and watched I don't know how many movies. I went back to work a few hourse a day (I also have my own business), but using public computers and being out I think did me in. I am now 31/2 weeks post op, but am also fighting a chest cold this week. I finally stayed home today, as I just can't do anymore, I also think stress has a lot to do with it both physically and emotionall (I am the one that lost her dog). I hope everyone is doing better, I guess we just have to really listen to ourselves and rest when we can. I also have Diabetes, so I have a check tomorrow and I'm hoping she can help this cold! Hugs to everyone!

Lisa
Unread 05-17-2007, 03:15 PM

I am 3 weeks post op. I actually went back to work almost right away, I have my own business and work from my home, so I haven't had the boredom issues, luckily. I think, as well as I feel, I would be stir crazy if I didn't have my work to do.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register