Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 37 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 05-19-2007, 11:54 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

I had my LAVH on April 24, 2007, had a bit of a rough time was in the hospital until the Fri the 28th, I am a 3 time cancer survivor so this was ok......I hope I'm in the right place for this. The pain was not to bad but that morphine helped....
I hope everyone is doing well

Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2007, 12:09 AM

Hi Dovie5,
It's okay. You are not crazy. All of us heal on different schedules. My TAH/BSO was 4/24. I had headaches the first week and chalked them up to the anestiasia wearing off. You have the same incision I had. My Dr. called it and anchor scar and said it takes longer to heal as the corners are weak. I am limited to 3lb and under lifting for 2 months and will work up to 10lb over 6 months. I still have Swelly Belly and expect to for a while. It is the largest in the evening. I use it to gage when I need to lie down. I use my Swelly Belly band in the evening. If you don't have a Swelly Belly band any frozen gel pack will do or even a bag of frozen corn or peas. Also, feet up when belly swells. Most comfortable position I have found in flat on my back with feet elevated on 2 pillows. Sleep when you are tired. I nap and don't worry if I am up later.
Hope this helps.

Hugs and positive energies,
Crystal
Unread 05-20-2007, 03:02 AM

Well, I had a scare last night. I am three weeks post op from a TAH/BSO. I have had no problems since the surgery and very little bleeding.
Last night I got up to get the phone and I started to gush blood. I went to the restroom right away and I was bleeding a maroon to red blood, and alot.
I called my Dr. and he said to go to the e.r. to have it checked. They did a pelvic and didn't see any source of where the blood came from and sent me home. I am still bleeding some but not as heavy. Has anyone else had this happen and does anyone know why? It was pretty scary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2007, 01:21 PM

Hi,

I had 2 episodes of bleeding last weekend. Yes, it was pretty scary. Went to the doc and she informed me I had "popped a stitch". I think around 3 weeks the internal stitches are starting to disolve. She told me to lie down and rest if I bled heavily and to call her if it didn't stop. No more bleeding since then. I would get it checked out tomorrow if your are still bleeding.

Take care
El
Unread 05-21-2007, 12:13 AM
Not sure I belong here

I had my full abdominal hysterectomy on 4/26. However, almost 2 weeks later my doctor finally listened to me about the fever and the wound being hot to the touch. She started me on a second round of antibotics and reopened about half of my incision. So it is almost like I had to start over in early May. I still have an open wound that has to be dressed day and night by my husband.
Unread 05-21-2007, 12:33 AM

Morgain, I'm sorry that is horrible that you have to go through this. I know it's so hard. Please just know you are not alone in your pain and there is a huge group of gals feeling just as bad and totally understand what you are feeling. I hope you are able to take it easy and that you have plenty of love and support!

Hugs,
T
Unread 05-21-2007, 04:13 AM

My lower back is so sore I can't sleep any more. I keep waking up at night because my back is sore. Anybody else with this problem? It drives me nuts. I want to

Helti
TAH
Unread 05-21-2007, 05:06 AM

Hi Morgaine,

I'm so sorry you had to wait so long for your doctor to listen. I had a similar infection happen to me about 11 days after surgery where my incision felt like it had been filled with hot coals. I actually had welts on my skin. I was planning on calling the doctor to be seen, but my infection wouldn't wait. Before I even got to the phone my incision split open, a big puddle of pus and blood poured out onto the floor and left me with an opening in my incision of about both 1.5 inches wide and deep. I passed out, and the next thing I knew I was in an ambulance to the emergency room. I have to say, as soon as I became alert again, all of that horrible burning was gone. It will be two weeks tomorrow since that incident. An abscess had formed - so to this day I still have the gauze packing which my husband changes twice a day. It's almost closed, but it was a definite setback. The good news is after a couple of days it doesn't hurt anymore to have the packing changed. It's just more of an unpleasant feeling - like you get with fingernails running down a chalkboard. No pain, just a gross thought. Make sure you're faithful with the packing. It's important that the fluid drains out instead of absorbing into your body. Amazingly, the incison does close up even with the packing. I always make sure to shower between removal and reinsertion of packing, and I let the water wash into the incision to clean it out and help the draining. I don't know if they told you, but you have to watch the opening to make sure it doesn't crust over. If it does, the infection will start again. I haven't had that problem to this point, and I don't suspect you will either. I totally sympathize with and understand your situation. It's not fun, but you'll see in another day or two you'll find you don't even notice it till it's time to change again. Take care of yourself, and I'm here if you need a shoulder.

Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 05-21-2007, 06:27 AM

Good Morning all. 3 1/2 weeks post op and getting ready to go have a renal scan this morning and pre-op for my cysto on Wednesday. Been feeling really well, however, overdid it a bit this weekend and now my abdomen is a bit sore with some pain twinges which I haven't had since the first week. I guess I'll just take it easy today. Anxious about the renal test though. Everyone keep smiling!
Unread 05-21-2007, 06:48 AM

Hi Helti,

Have you tried using pillows under your knees to help relieve some of the pressure on your spine when you lay down on your back? That's helped me. I also tilt onto my side and prop a pillow behind my back and roll into that so I'm tipped slightly to the side, then bend my knees slightly and put a pillow between them. That seems to help too.

Amb1968,

Good luck with your renal scan. Hopefully it'll be quick and painless. We're thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers. Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register