Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 40 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 05-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Hi eeveryone,
I am a massage therapist, Think about a massage. there are ways to get a massage without laying on your tummy, I know that I can't yet. there is a sidelying massage also chair massage, pregnant women come in and lay on there sides also ther is a body cushion that is for people that have a hard time on there tummy, If you do go for a massage ask if there is a therapist that can do sidelying, chair, and or the body cushion. I hope someone does this, it does help.
Anna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2007, 04:06 PM
amb

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb1968missouri
Does anyone else have a husband that just wont stop asking for sex? I am terrified to do it without the doctor "ok"...

i am 53 and 4 wks post op today, from the first wk on i have improvised and tried to be creative.

Admin. Note: A portion of this response was removed in accordance with guidelines which caution against sexually explicit replies. Please remember that this is a PG rated website; also, this is not a private website and can be seen by unregistered as well as registered members.
Unread 05-21-2007, 05:48 PM

moulton,

Thanks for the info..lol. We have only been married since January, so I feel kinda bad, and we had a great relationship before (probably too much info). Bless his heart he has TRIED to be patient, but 4 weeks and counting is a long time. I may let him 'play' a little too, I feel really good otherwise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2007, 06:01 PM
amb

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb1968missouri
moulton,

Thanks for the info..lol. We have only been married since January, so I feel kinda bad, and we had a great relationship before (probably too much info). Bless his heart he has TRIED to be patient, but 4 weeks and counting is a long time. I may let him 'play' a little too, I feel really good otherwise.
we had a lady at our church and she spoke about what men really mean and want and how we get confused. Hes not saying he wants sex, its the intimacy he wants and the closeness, its a man thing, it such an important part in how they fell every day. good luck just relax and have fun.
Unread 05-21-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moulton
sunday he got away with an inch and it did not bother me, that is probably more than anyone needs to know, it has meant so much to him and i have wanted that to , too please him.
One of the reasons for the "nothing in the vagina for six weeks" rule is that anything introduced into the vagina has the potential to cause infection. It doesn't matter whether it's an inch or all the way. Please watch for signs of infection. In the meantime, please read the Article titled, "Do I Really Have to Wait Six Weeks?"

Does he realize that if you get an infection it could set you back several additional weeks? Pease let him read the article also and maybe he can put his wants and needs on the back burner for a few more weeks so that you will be able to take the time you need to heal.
Unread 05-21-2007, 08:28 PM

ok now i have to vent,,,,,LOL, why is it men (ok some men) do not understand what we went thru,,,,,,,i was feeling okay, had to go to hospital with my daughter today cause my grandson is having acid reflux problems so she had to get him tested, so i went with her, I am in so much pain now, went back to pain med tonite, so guess i will be dozing shortley i hope,,,,,,so i made a choice i am gonna put on my crown and be a queen for the rest of my recovery,,,,,LOL,i feel better thanks for letting me vent
hugs to you all,,,,,,,
Unread 05-21-2007, 08:49 PM

happier123,

You know why it is? Because men live in their own little worlds and it's us that are left to take care of the kids. If just one guy had to feel the pain of having a baby, there would be nobody on earth!!! They can't take any pain. If they have a headache they think they are dying. I don't know what they'd do if they had cramps every month. Men are so clueless.

Right before I had my surgery, I was talking to my brother. He was asking me what date the surgery was. I told him. He told me it was a piece of cake. How would he know? He said having a hysterectomy these days is nothing. I would have hit him upside the head except I was on the phone talking to him. I'd like him to have the pain I had after surgery. Let him see how "fun" it was. We were put on earth to take care of these helpless, clueless guys. I have two brothers and both think female problems are nothing compared to what they go through. I just laugh because I know they don't know what the heck they are talking about.

When my oldest brother had surgery a few years ago, it left a large scar. Well, he felt like he had to show that scar to everyone he talked to. It was ridiculous!!! It got to the point where everyone just tuned him out after a while.

The only person that has seen my scar is my dr. And I want to keep it that way. You just have to remember that most men are wimps and are only concerned about how they feel. Not what we go through.

Robin
Unread 05-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Post Op 27 days

I am 27 days post op. Great in the AM, dead by 4pm. Still cannot sleep all night, but off heavy Meds, Just Motrin now. Weird bladder twinges, drinking lots of H2O and cranberry juice, doing the prune juice, too. Vertical incision is sore and itchy, but healing.Side pain ( U and right ovary were removed this time. Left came out 10 years ago.) Did drive to the store. Was able to attend my daughters College Graduation, but spent the next day in bed. Thanks to all for the great advice.
"one day at a time".
Unread 05-21-2007, 09:12 PM

hi Robin
, you are so right about men, i just had to get it out, i was just so frustrated today, and he wondered why i was so tired, I heard about his aching wrist from work tho all nite,,,,,
and he tells me i should be 100% by now, 3 1/2 weeks,,,(they should have this kind of surgery,
.why men are like that, who knows, they are wimps,,LOL,,,,and i shall be queen,,,,,
your e-mail made me feel better thanks,,,,,,,,
Unread 05-21-2007, 09:26 PM

Hi Robin,

No, I don't take HRT. I still have my ovaries, as well. But my pre-surgery problem was unopposed estrogen-- I don't know if this means that's still what I have after surgery, only minus the uterus??

But that c-shaped neck pillow (my husband found a really comfy one) was a life-saver for sleeping propped up-- way more comfortable than without it. I'm better now about sleeping flatter, but the first couple weeks I had heart palpitations and it was harder to breath lying down. Also, lying on my back, even with a couple pillows under my knees, didn't work at first.... but it did work better later into my recovery.

Crystal mentioned the abdominal incision resulting in back aches and while I have no doubt that is very true, I had a vaginal surgery and also had some pretty bad back aches for awhile. They finally went away! I've been taking short, gentle walks every day to help with the circulation and muscles, so that might have helped, I don't know.

Sleep is so important for recovery-- I hope you will be able to find a way to get some quality rest! Best wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register