Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 42 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 05-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Better Each Day!

Stayed in bed today until 10am. Caught up on my thank you notes and personal Email. Thanks to HysterSister notes. Spoke to the Dr today about the "fake bladder infection" feeling. She says LOTS of water and juice, but to come in for a dip test if it is still acting up tmrw. Also, be sure to check your "return to work date". The disability folks had me back to work before my 6 week check up. Dr. says she always gives a 6 to 8 week window. She is great, and her staff top notch. Your doctor works for you...remember that. PS..I asked my husband about the whiney boys that are "begging for sex" and he said" Tell them to grow up!!"..I love that man!
I am going to the deck to sit, water the lower plants and look at the birds on the river. Might even stroll to the dock and look at the sunset.
One day at a time!
Total Hysto, Vertical incision(35staples),no HRT {did that back in 1997 for 4 years}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

You are so right. One day at a time! I had a great weekend, drove for the first time, visited with my sister, stayed up to watch the fireworks (long weekend here in Canada) and I am so tired today. Spent most of the day sleeping. My incision is quite itchy, too. I am longing to soak in the tub, but I will wait the 6 weeks as the DR ordered. I like your idea of watching the sunset...
Supracervical Hysterectomy/both ovaries removed/vertical incision-30 staples
no HRT (yet)
Unread 05-22-2007, 04:14 PM

A bubble bath sounds really good right now. I think my dr. said I could take a shower, but no bubble baths, at least not yet. I had my surgery the day before you did, on the 23rd, and I was driving by the second week. It did hurt, though. I know I shouldn't have been out in the car, but I needed to go to the store and had no one to go for me. But I've been taking it easy. Today I had a dr. appt. and I had to walk up 4 flights of stairs. The elevator doesn't work half the time. I managed to use the stairs, but I was so out of breath afterwards. My dr. said it will probably take another 8 weeks to completely heal, but my grandmother always said that it took at least a year after major surgery to really recover. Right now I'm fighting the anemia. I take iron every day but my blood is still low. I thought it would be back to normal by now. I go again in another 3 weeks for another post op checkup. Even if I get the green light to do all kinds of things, I'm still going to take it easy. And I'm still wearing the abdominal binder. It really gives me support, especially when I have to go out and do some errands. I also find that if I wear it at night I can sleep somewhat better. My stomach still feels like everything is going to fall out, even though I know it won't. Hopefully that feeling will pass.

When I look back at how I first felt after the surgery, compared to now, I feel so much better now. But I still take it one day at a time and don't over do. Since the endometriosis is gone, my lower back doesn't ache anymore. Thank goodness. And of course no bleeding because of the hyst. Still have to have pap smears, though. I hate them. Wish I never had to have another one.

TAH BSO endometriosis plus fibroids, adhesions. Everything taken out except cervix. Too many adhesions for the dr. to take it out. Also had gallbladder out at the same time. No HRT at this time. Going to see how things go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2007, 04:37 PM

hi luvs to quilt
,im curious i just went for my post op appt today surgery was 4-26 TAH BSO , i had a list a mile long to ask, he did tell me i had adhesions and scar tissue on my ovaries, and i never asked him why,,,,,,,where were your adhesions?
thanks
Barb
Unread 05-22-2007, 04:59 PM

Hi everyone-
Do you guys have good days and then lately I have days where I want to sleep alot of the day? Today I woke up after the afternoon nap and didn't know what time or day it was? I still sleep good at night too!
Unread 05-22-2007, 05:05 PM

Just got the results from my renal scan...My left kidney is basically non-functional. They think it may be a result of the endometriosis, but not sure, could have had a problem since I was a child. ...Will find out more after my cysto tomorrow.. Hugs to all
Unread 05-22-2007, 05:18 PM

I have good and bad days.
Today I slept a lot. Can't believe it actually. I was just so sore and tired. I did to much over the weekend and Monday.
I kind of get this feeling from people that after 4 weeks we must be better and ready to resume normal life. I get little "hints" here and there. And part of me thinks that I should be Ok (and I want to do stuff) by now so I overdue it. I hate the "hints" but then I have to remember that these people don't know what I know. I just have to go on this website and read what can happen if we overdue it. They don't know all that stuff.

Helti
TAH
Unread 05-22-2007, 05:41 PM

I am feeling really alone right now . DH says the long it get from surgery the worse I seem. I don't know why I feel like this . I am tire alot and a have had headache that are all day long . At night i am normal just sore . Night time is the only time I take pain pils and it is the only time. My kids have been out of school sence wed. and I am just doing the best I can.From the begining I have been doing times I knew I should'nt like helping my son mow ( a little bit) and laudry cleaning house , and cleaning the playpen my puppies had. Too after surgery I was going and just not stopping unless the pain meds stopped me. Now it is like my body just wouldn't let me do that . I even got back a my sleeping meds because I just could not take the nights not sleeping. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME ? Am I just beening lazy? I feel like I am so out in left field by myself. all I want to do today is cry . They checked my hormone last week and they are fine and I kept my overies. So I souldn't be feeling like this. Thank you for listening to me think . I hope this just gets better. I dont' think my family can put up with me if I don't .
Unread 05-22-2007, 06:15 PM

listen to your body, had my tah bso 4-26, and i have gotten the "hints" like shouldnt u be fine by now, noone can understand what we went thru excpet us, I hve felt alone spent a day in the bedroom so sad and watched tv from morning to nite, ddint want to talk to noone, next day i did too much, and was sore, so the next day took the pain meds, couldnt sleep,,,,,,,so after a few days of being sad, and not wanting to talk to anyone, i said to myself, ok now i will be queen, and if anyone doesnt like it too bad, you only have this time to heal and if u want to sit then u sit, and you know what i feel better, ok today anyway, ,,,,,,,reading posts on here have helped me so much, i am not a selfish person but i said,,,,,,,,i will not only be a princess i will be queen until i feel better,,,,,,,,,
hope this helps sometimes you have to look out for you.because unless they went thru what you did , they wont understand,,,,ok now im babbling,,,,,,,,

hugs to all
remember you are a queen, and be good to yourself,,,,,,,if it were them they would too
Unread 05-22-2007, 06:18 PM

let us know amb,,,,,,,,,,
hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register