Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 47 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 05-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Amb
I complained about pain and heavy and frequent bleeding for 4 years and it fell on deaf ears. I also had several ultrasounds and they always told me the results were normal. Now I find out the cysts were there all the time and I got to be such a mess because they never told me to go in for a re-check each time to see if the cysts had dissapated. I find out after the fact and 4 years of misery. So the outcome might be exactly the same if you had kept on complaining as I did. I had meno symptoms before surgery, multiplied after so am on HRT as well but I know I am not all there with the right mix yet, that will take time and experimentation I guess. I will keep my fingers crossed it works eventually because I don't want to be miserable anymore.
Just know that now things will be fixed and you will be a new woman!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2007, 02:57 PM

I'm really glad I found this site....It helps to know Im not alone with what Im going through..Hugs to all you sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 05-24-2007, 03:15 PM

I decided to go to costco today and get some rotisserie chicken .......BAD IDEA......the walk was too much for me.......I need my recliner.

Four weeks today........I guess I am expecting too much.

My nieces 21 yrs and 27 (with a husband)years old are expecting to come for the 4th of July and right now I cant even fathom the idea of guests.... I dont think I can do it even then. They want to come for 4 days......shopping ...cooking for 5.....picking up.......uuuuugggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
What do I do.........???????????
They dont understand......the husbands brother had BRAIN surgery last Wednesday for a BRAIN TUMOR(pathology is NOT back YET)..........got released on Friday and is walking 3-4 miles a day now. I think they think I am being a baby.......but I tried to explain how different the surgeries are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2007, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb1968missouri
LuvstoQuilt:

Well...I had a renal scan done and it showed that my left kidney is only functioning at 10%. The right one seems to be ok. I had a cysto yesterday and they put a stent in my left ureter to see if it will increase my kidney function, or if too much damage has already been done. If it helps, then they will do some sort of ureter repair..if not..I dont know what they are going to do. I think they said as long as I dont get infections they wont really do much of anything, but I may have misunderstood. I have alot of question when I go back next week. Its really scary to think about...

They removed my uterus, cervix and both ovaries...and started me on HRT immediately. Several years ago I asked a doctor if I could have endometriosis because of the pain I was having...and they basically blew me off...I never brought it up again. I wonder if at that time I had pursued it, if things would be different now....Guess I will never know. I will post what i continue to find out. Thank you for your thoughts...
amb1968missouri,

Same thing happened to me. For the last four years my periods have been getting more painful. I continued to have my pap smears, but I did always tell my dr. They did the same thing to me. They blew me off. I still wonder if they caught the endo and fibroid early, maybe something less invasive could have been done. Even when I was having hot flashes, I went to the dr. and told him that I needed something, anything, to help me with them. This was about 10 years ago. Maybe more. He told me to learn to live with them. In other words, he didn't care. I wish I had an ultrasound done years ago. The outcome might have been totally different.

My brother only has one kidney. They had to take his right kidney out due to cancer. So far he is doing ok, but he has to go for frequent CT scans and PET scans and the type of tests they do to check and see if the cancer returns. He has kidney stones in his remaining kidney.

Please do let me know how things go. I'll be thinking of how you are doing. Unfortunately, drs. never tell us patients very much. It would be nice if we knew exactly what we had. It's bad enough that their writing is so poor that the pharmacists can't even read the prescriptions these days.

Robin
Unread 05-24-2007, 03:39 PM

Kathim,
I'm 1 month today. On shopping. Use the electric cart scooters if they are available. They are a godsend. If the greeter makes a face inform them that you have had abdominal surgery. That gets them.

As for guest, Did you dr. put you on any lifting restrictions? I am to lift no more than 3lbs. for the first 8 weeks post-op. Then 5-7lb for months 3 and 4.Then 10 for months 5 and 6. Dr.'s reasoning is that once the stitches release between 3 weeks and 3 months the surrounding tissue is like jelly so it needs time to toughen up. My dr. had a lady disregard this and her vagina fell completely out because she lifted too much and tore stitches holding her cervix in place. My FIL has gastric bipass and ended up with a herniated navel twice because he wasn't told not to lift. I have used the "doctors orders" to convince my GMIL that, "no, I won't be traveling 3 hours to her house to celebrate the June family birthdays." Dr.'s travel orders are no more than 1hr from home for 3 months. If they come her they get takeout. And I might even make them load the dishwasher or put a load in the washer and dryer.
If they can't help out then maybe they need make other plans this year and come next year. Just suggestion. Hope I haven't offended. Was not my intention.

Hugs,
Crystal
Unread 05-24-2007, 03:54 PM

Hi Robin,
Glad to hear you are feeling better!!!!! I'm not on HRT either. I found out yesterday that what I thought was a recurrence of a yeast infection after my second castle stay was in fact an allergic reaction to one or both of the oral anti-b's (Bactrim and Clindomyacin) I was taking. Grrrr! I waited a whole week to call the dr. Let that be a lesson to me. Anyway, I'm off anti-b's until I see my primary on Tues. for a follow-up on the cellulitis. Taking benadryl and not feeling like I want to take my skin off. I can relate to Cassandra on Dr. Who, "Moisturize me, Moisturize me."

Hugs,
Crystal
Unread 05-24-2007, 04:07 PM

I think this is wierd . We all have been through roughly the same surgery and were told different things. I know by read these messages that some of you have seen your dr more then once . I have only seen mine once just to take out stitches. I will see dr again after 6 weeks . I was told don't lift 10lb . Man , doesn't sound weird that there such a difference. Would it make a diffence that I kept my overies and cervis ?
Unread 05-24-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flwrpwr1130
Where to start. WhensaMi, I am a teacher as well, and after a TAH-BSO with complications and lots of blood loss (transfusion in the hosp) I am petrified to go back to work. It is the end of the year and kids are tough to deal with anyhow. Theya are always scrambling to do something to pass and want you to be there exra time and they wouldn't care if I were still recovering, they would be their same old selves. I would be on my feet all day and then some. I told my doctor this and he thought I should take the rest of the year off, school ends June 8 which is 2 days after 6 weeks for me. We comprimised and I am going back for the last two days which are 1/2 days with the kids. My sub is going to be there too so he can help me put things away. I did this because I am a coach and I am taking my team to a national competition in Orlando on the 8th. The trip is all paid for and I am the only adult going and I was afraid that if I didn't show my face at work before the trip they would make us cancel. I am not sure about flying but Dr says I should be o.k. by then.
Jane
Our school doesn't let out till June 19th, so I will still have about two and a half weeks to go after I get back. It sounds like you teach middle or high school (I'm middle, myself) and yes, I understand what you mean about needing to be able to be "on" when you are there, because, goodness knows, they are hinkey this time of year!

I wasn't so concerned about going back until today. I have a friend who got a spider bite, when then got infected, and *then* developed an abcess, so I spent about seven hours with her in the ER on Tuesday night, ran around lots of places yesterday, had my surgeon do his little manipulation pain yesterday afternoon (which I could definitely feel last night!) and today I took my friend back to the doctor, who ordered her to the operating room, because they had to put her under to treat the abcess! She's now back at home; I got her her meds and liquids and things... but... in the last 48 hours, I've been running around about like I do when I am working (and being wife and mom) and ohmigoodness I am sore and EXHAUSTED. I haven't hurt this much in weeks, and I'm not even standing that much.

I have to admit, now I'm a LITTLE scared about going back. I don't know that I'm going to have the stamina to keep up.

Sheila
Unread 05-24-2007, 04:32 PM

Crystal............

THANK YOU soooooooooooooooooooo much for that information. I am going to print it some how and it will be MY bible. I have not been lifting anything to speak of at all and had not planned on any lifting until I see DR again which now isnt until June 18th. Last MOn she just told me to keep doing NOTHING just like I have been.
DOnt worry you didnt offend me !!!!!!

HUgssssss
Kathi
By the way.....I went to Mount Saint Clare Academy in Clinton Iowa !!!!!!! (back in the 70's)
Unread 05-24-2007, 04:37 PM

Dovie5,

I kind of think it is weird too that we get all different instructions. Crystal your instructions seem very strict. I was also told nothing over 10 lbs for the first 6 weeks where I go see my doc. He will then let me know how I am healing and then we will see where I am at.

By the way - I slept great last night. I took the tylanol PM and it worked well. Thanks for the tip ladies.

Helti
TAH

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register