Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 50 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 05-26-2007, 09:40 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Ah SAH not TAH. Thanks for the info it does get confusing. I don't know if dr treats SAH different from TAH. She just told me that she had attached the cervix to a liagment so it wouldn't fall down. I also noticed she did a stay stitch just below my belly button. I asked her before the surgery if she was a good seamtress. She said yes and she came from a long line of seamtresses.

It might be she is stricter as well because she has had a TAH/BSO so definitely has had the BTDT.

I had a bout of diareaha yesterday and had to call in per orders. She was worried the Clindamyacin had cause a colon infection (can't remember the name). I felt bad calling on Friday of a holiday weekend but she was very nice and called back in the evening to tell me that the test was clear and it was just a virus. BM are almost normal today so must of been a 24 hour or something disagreed with me. It felt like a bout of IBS.

I'd mentioned my decrease appetite when I was in for the allergic reaction. She said that is real common, not to worry, and enjoy the weight loss that comes with it.

I also asked about calcium. She put me on 500mg 3x daily and 400-600mg Vit D daily.

Hope everyone has a restful holiday weekend.

Hugs,
Crystal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2007, 07:36 PM

knittingdragon,

The colon infection you refer to is called C. Diff, and it is a very nasty bacterial infection of the colon that is most often caused by antibiotics. I had it 3 times. The last time I almost had to be hospitalized. I had taken strong antibiotics for something else and that is what caused it. The main symptoms are just what you described. Constant diarrhea. When it gets bad enough, you usually bleed with it. Last time I had it 3 years ago, my dr. didn't catch it early. By the time they did find it, I was dehydrated, lost weight and was so sick I just felt like I was going to die. The usual medication for it is Flagyl. Lots of side effects but that is what they give. I was on 2 rounds of it for months. The drs. also tried a medication on me called Vancomycin. I had to pay out of pocket $300 and that didn't do a thing. The pharmacist told me when you need that medication, it works best by IV in a hospital setting. Well, I paid for the capsules, all for nothing. It took months for the infection to clear.
After everything settled down I had to have a colonoscopy to make sure I was rid of it. It is a very dangerous infection and can also be caught through skin contact.

Any time you have those symptoms again, don't wait to call your dr. If caught early it can be treated better than if you wait. Actually it's like a staph infection. They are very similar. I'm hoping it doesn't come back on me after this surgery. Sometimes it can take a while for symptoms to show up.

Hope that helps.
Robin
Unread 05-26-2007, 09:39 PM

Hi I could use a shoulder tonight! Big fight with hubbythat got nasty! All I ask of him is to sweep and scrub floors 1X per week while I'm still restricted to do so! Well he was throwing things around etc... Is that too much to ask?? Seemed like the stress made me feel worse too! Anyone else having troubles along these lines?? Sorry but needed to vent!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2007, 09:55 PM

hi, its okay to vent, men just do not understand what we are going through, i went through similiar situation, my boyfriend whom i live with past 3 years thinks i should be well enough to go back to work and do everything i used to, because as you know we do most of the "household things", and we are there for everyone, I got upset with him and said i am the queen until i get better, and i only have one time to heal right,,,,,,,i am not usually that voiceterious, but he had to see, this is the only time you hve to heal right, we are here for you if you need to vent,,,,,,,
be well
Barb
Unread 05-27-2007, 07:23 AM

Te Te B,

That is absolutely not too much to ask. It is his dirt too. I hope you did not end up doing it. This is your time to heal and he is acting like a spoiled child. Sorry, I hope I am not offending you but you deserve this time to heal correctly.

I have solved the cleaning problem by having someone come over once a week to mop floors, vacuum and help with laundry. It has worked great.

Sending lots of love and support.

Helti
TAH
Unread 05-27-2007, 07:41 AM
Home and better than ever

I am home. Came home yesterday just after lunch. I am feeling excellent!!!! This is so great. I lost a really huge mass out of my abdomen and I feel so much better. I had TAH leaving ovaries on Weds the 23rd and it went perfectly fine. Doc ran into a softball size fibriod to the left of my belly button and could not get at my uterus to take it out. She ended up cutting the large fibroids out first to get at the arteries to remove my uterus. I woke up from surgery and put my hands on my belly and it must have been half the size it was even while it was swollen from surgery. Doc said my uterus was completely filling my abdomen and crushing everything there. Now I know I was truly in pain. Although I am sore, and have the gas to deal with, I am already 200% better!!

I hope everyone else had the success I had!!!!! I wish I had not waited the last five years.
Unread 05-27-2007, 09:27 AM

hi ann
, im glad you are home and feeling better, rest, be well
Unread 05-27-2007, 01:20 PM

Thanks Robin. I just can't seem to remember all the new names for stuff. I had Vancomycin as one of the 3 IV anti-b's at my second castle visit. The rash has cleared up. BM are better. Now my skin feels dry and leathery. I'm assuming this is an after effect of the allergic reaction. I'm putting Aquaphilic cream on it now and it seems to be helping. I switched back to Dove soap from Aveano as the Aveano seems to make me itch more in the shower. Otherwise, I'm feeling pretty good. DH got Bust a Move for the Wii for me so I have a new diversion this weekend.

Crystal
Unread 05-27-2007, 05:33 PM
teteb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeTe B
Hi I could use a shoulder tonight! Big fight with hubbythat got nasty! All I ask of him is to sweep and scrub floors 1X per week while I'm still restricted to do so! Well he was throwing things around etc... Is that too much to ask?? Seemed like the stress made me feel worse too! Anyone else having troubles along these lines?? Sorry but needed to vent!
about 3 days after i got home, before the surg, i had raked leaves into a big sheet and let them in the drive to be picked up by him. for three wks they lay there, every morn and every night, he looked right at them and did nothing. so when i got home on the 4thday i said to him, what are you thinking when you see them leaves every day and not pick them up. we load them and take them to the farm, usually. that was a morning disc. I was so bad i marched right out there and drug them right up to his truck door, where he had no choice but to load them, all the while he was yelling at me , dont u move them. Well, i did and thank God they were dry and did not weigh anything. Needless to say he got the message and things were very smooth sailing after that. He got it early on he was going to have to step up to the plate and he did. I have been totally surprised. It week 5 now and he still good, Some hd it takes a while. dont give up.The diff. in them really makes a difference in how you reco0ver mentally and phy.
Unread 05-28-2007, 05:04 AM

Ann,
Glad your surgery is over and your doing well! I felt better than before the surgery right away too! It is so weird how we can have things growing inside us and be wrong with us!! My tummy is down a little too but wish it was flat! Oh well better than before! Trying to walk more to lose some lbs. I hope you continue to heal with little discomfort, Take care!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register