Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 53 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 05-29-2007, 08:23 PM
starting 6 wk

today i pushed mowed for 2 hours. self propelled, still did pushing and pulling. It did not hurt me. the last 2 nights i have been doing abds. am going to do my 5 lb weights tonight. hd wants some full pentration. we will see, i think some wine might help. i keep thinking anut flo will come. oh well. i am so excited that i am finally able to do things, one thing i did not do was lift the gas can for the mower or start the mower, that might pull a lot. i did ride my recumbent bike sunday for about 2 miles and it did make my stomach fell tight. i just have to gradually do things like i did my walking. hope everyone is doing as well, i will miss all of you, this site has been such a blessing. god bless. a quick story.... 2 sat. ago we were shopping at sams. we were in the parking lot loading and a black man in a big white car pulled up and started talking to my husb, i was sitting in the car, this man said he was out of town and was diabetic and did not have cash and wanted to k now if my hd had 29 dollars for his meds. he asked for hd bus. card and showed his bilble on the dash and and said he would send the money. after we left i gave my hd such a hard time,because we thought this man was just hitting up people for whatever, and i told hd you should never give m oney, take them and buy what they need. well, needles to say i took the joy out of what my honey did and i began to fell really bad about it, and i knew it. I was like God i really need to redeem myself here, so if youll just show me. first i apologized and remembered before we left sams, we were charged too much for something, so we had the casher take it off, which amounted to 29 dollars cash she gave us back. as we sat driving home i reminded hd of the extra cash from the receipt, and i did not think that was just coincidence, we sat and realized that
God wanted that man to have 29 dollars for some reason, we were not to questions it. and so my honeys joy came back and he forgave me, i had been redeemed. No we did not see the money in the mail or otherwise. thats ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Moulton,
Are you sure that pushing the lawn mower isn't over doing it? Be careful and take care of yourself! That was a cool story about the man and $29.00! I will also miss everyone on this site. Does it expire when we hit the 7 wk mark???
Unread 05-29-2007, 08:40 PM

Hey Sista, don't let anyone tell you how you should be feeling or what you should be up to. Only you know what you can take. If your Dr told you to wait 8 weeks, then there is a reason for it. My Dr has been so great, he asks what I feel up to I could have picked a date anytime I felt was right for going back to work and he would support it. I go back June 7 for 2 half days and then I am off for the summer. But seriously, do what you feel up to and the rule of thumb I keep hearing is go ahead and try but if you feel pain, stop. Period. So Thats my opinion, and don't let anyone bully you into doing something you shouldn't. Remember, we get one chance to heal right so be good to yourself and let yourself heal.

I think they called what I have a vaginal cuff as well, they had to take my cervix but the stitches at the top of the vagina, closing it off is what I was told was also called a vaginal cuff. I hope those stitches are healed. I am taking the fact that I am no longer spotting a sign that it is healed. My appt is next Mon. so I won't know for sure until then.

On a happy note, I bought all new underwear today!

Jane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2007, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeTe B
Moulton,
Are you sure that pushing the lawn mower isn't over doing it? Be careful and take care of yourself! That was a cool story about the man and $29.00! I will also miss everyone on this site. Does it expire when we hit the 7 wk mark???
I'd be careful about pushing a lawn mower. That is hard work and you are straining your stomach. I know I couldn't do it and I'm 5 weeks out.

We have this guy around here. He just happens to be black. I first saw him when I came out of Wendy's restaurant. He asked me for some money because his mother was dying and he only had $26 and needed more money for a bus ticket. I told him I'd get him something to eat, but didn't have much money on me. Which was the truth. Then I go out the mall and who do I see? This same guy. Only this time he needs an operation and doesn't have enough money and hasn't eaten. Then I see him at the gas station with a different story. I was more than glad to help him if he was hungry, but it was clear he was scamming everyone. He drove a brand new car.

I think the board shuts down at 8 weeks. I think the Fibroid HysterSister board has already been shut down.
Unread 05-29-2007, 08:47 PM

Robin, Just how do they check the stitches inside? I am a squeamish person! I finally took off the sterie strips yesterday. They could have come off a while ago. I think I am trying to do too much. Starting to have a little more discharge. And even some heavier bleeding one day. I really am TRYING to take it easy! It's just so frustrating not to be doing all the things I usually do. I was feeling better. My boyfriend had to go to the hardware store. He dropped me off at target next door. I didn't do anything strenous. Just picked up a few cards. I checked out and waited outside for him on a bench. I decided to walk over to the car, and I couldn't make it. It wasn't even that far! I couldn't believe it. I still wear sweats and yoga pants. I have pressure and pain when I pee. Maybe I'm going up and down the stairs too much. I am so glad I have all you ladies! Every time I come on here there is something that I am going through too! Marlene07
Unread 05-29-2007, 09:24 PM

Just wondering what kind of incision you all had???? Vertical or horizontal if it was a TAH????
I also get those aches where my ovaries used to be.....I wonder what that is??????
Unread 05-29-2007, 09:33 PM
mowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeTe B
Moulton,
i started out stoped for a while and rested to make sure i did not hurt, i did not so i did some more, it is a self propelled mower, i was very careful, i am a very active ind. i have been so good and behaving. the dr told me to wait 1 more wk, so i thought i would try it. I am fine . we will see how i feel tomorrow.. i really did not have to push, just hang on/ thanks ladies for everything
Unread 05-29-2007, 10:07 PM

Hi, I am doing amazingly well. I did have one moment of stupidity when dh and tried to have sex two days ago. I had tvh,bso on 4-24 so it wasnt smart. It hurt after,burned during,and caused bleeding. yup,wait dont try it. wait!! Other than that physically Im feeling normal. I cant help but feeling fat and ugly. Im not sure where its coming from. Im short and Im bigger than I used to be but Im not significantly bigger. My minds eye sees a fat ugly old looking person.LOL Im 27 not that old. I just cant seem to shake this negative body image and Im much more sensitive to peoples comments and reactions to my appearance. I am truly hurt when people comment on my swelly belly. I feel like everyone is silently calling me fat and ugly. What is with that. I know it is invalid but I still believe it. I hope this passes.
Unread 05-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Anyone else have a TAH April 30th?

I am looking for someone to compare notes with. I had a TAH April 30th , both ovaries and cervix removed.
For: PMS, PMDD, heaving bleeeding, frequent periods, mood swings, major fatigue, nonfibroid lemon sized tumor, ovarian cysts and "blobbly mass" ( what my Dr called it) None of it cancer, Thank you Lord.
Started HRT ( the patch) two days after surgery and finally feel like a normal woman. Still have sharp pains where my right ovary "lived" but gettin' better everday.
I am ( was ) very active, love to workout, walk, do yoga, etc....Getting a case of cabin fever, but get tired easily when I get out. How are YOU? Anyone?
mcmadre in TX

I have good days and bad...but mostly good!
Unread 05-29-2007, 11:04 PM

Anyone Having Lower Back Pain? Jsut Keeps Nagging At Me. Also....i Found A Lump Near My Parotid Gland (by Ear) And Went To My Md...he Put Me On Antibiotics...all Is Well With That But Now I Am Getting A Yeast Infection---i Feel It Comin On....dont Go To My Obgyn Til Jun 7....what Should I Do? Call Him And Ask If I Can Treat With Otc Meds??? You Know The Nothing In The Va-j-j For 6 Weeks Deal? Pain In The Butt! Help

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register