Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 65 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 06-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Robin,
thanks so much, i think im in brain fog sometimes anymore, i mis understood you, im so sorry, Ok so those of us that had TAH/BSO are going thru surgical menopause, i thought that is what dr told me. I just read about everyones symtoms, i know everyone is different,
gyne used to think i had estrogen dominace but my blood work came back normal, i would get so frustrated, cause of all the problmes i was going thru,
,,,,,,,Im just having insomnia and an occasional hot flash, and keep thinking is there more to come????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2007, 07:20 PM

Luvs2Quilt; exactly, we have our nights and days mixed up!!! Good Luck with the doc!
Unread 06-05-2007, 07:20 PM

happier123,
You are quite welcome. I thought my brain fog was going away, but I find myself still having to stop and think of what I was doing or going to do. There is so much information on this site. When I first started reading the posts, I was so overwhelmed. For a while I stopped reading them because I didn't know what anybody was talking about. You know, the abbreviations and all. Now I find it a good source of information.

I had my bloodwork done a few weeks ago and everything came back normal except that my blood was still low. My primary dr. did another blood test yesterday. We will see how that one comes out. Did your surgeon ever recommend you take iron? I take it. Usually every other day. It's the only way I can get any energy. But if I take too much I don't feel that great. I'm also taking Calcium with vitamin D.

When my aunt had her hysterectomy, she was 20+ years past menopause. But the drs. gave her hormones anyway. Now they have stopped that practice. Most women who have already gone through menopause don't take HRT afterwards because their bodies are already used to having no period.

I keep on thinking if there is more to come also. I pray there isn't. Actually I had 2 surgeries. When I had my hysterectomy, my gallbladder was infected. I had a horrible gallbladder attack about 3 days before my hysterectomy, so the drs. were going to postpone my hyst and take out my gallbladder first. But Thank Goodness they were able to get my gallbladder pain under control. I didn't want 2 surgeries. And the drs. were able to coordinate their schedules. So after I had my hysterectomy they took my gallbladder out while I was still in the OR. I had so many drs. I don't even remember all their names. I do have to be careful what I eat now. Some things bother me, others don't. There really isn't a list of what to eat or what not to eat because everyone is so different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2007, 07:29 PM

Robin,
You have been thru so much yourself, and on here you help us all. 2 surgeries at once, that is alot to go thru. i'm glad at least you didnt have to go thru surgery twice. I do take calcium tablets and fish oil tablets since my hyst, my sis had hyst and told me to take them to help with symptoms. I read posts on here and i just want to cry sometimes at what everyone is going /gone thru. my emotions , wow i cry at the drop of a hat now.
I feel blessed even tho i went thru things, before my hyst, my troubles are not bad,
Thank you for sharing, and i will keep you in my thougths and prayers and hope you continue to heal and get better.
Barb
Unread 06-05-2007, 08:21 PM
prayer request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvs2Quilt
I had the same type of surgery you had, only I had endometriosis and fibroids in my uterus. My cervix is still there because there were too many adhesions to get it out. Believe me, I know how it is to just toss and turn all night. The hot flashes are bad enough when they come, but every single night I just toss and turn. I have my radio on but haven't gotten a good night's sleep in weeks. Actually, ever since I had my surgery. What I'd give to be able to sleep through the night. I wake up in the morning totally exhausted. I had my surgery just before you, on 4/23. So I'm starting my 7th week post op. Are you on HRT? I'm not, at least not yet. I see my dr. for my next exam this Thursday. If all goes well, I think the next exam is in six months.
3 days ago i was on the prayer request site, and now i have brain fade and cant find it. can you help me?
Unread 06-05-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moulton
3 days ago i was on the prayer request site, and now i have brain fade and cant find it. can you help me?
As long as I've been on this website, I never knew there was a praryer request site. I'll see if I can find it.

Robin

Found it. Here it is:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sea...earchid=685423
Unread 06-05-2007, 09:15 PM

Meno Marie
I found that taking the over the counter tylenol pm really has helped me sleep thru the night. I think that our bodies have been thru a very traumatic time with surgery and all its no wonder we are all feeling emotional! I t has been tough financially for me while not working too. I will pray it gets better for you!
Unread 06-05-2007, 10:19 PM

I went to 6 week checkup today . Dr said I was healing fine . She said that I had some hard tissue and was still swollen. She said that it might take 9 to 12 weeks for the swelling to go down . Exam was very rough . There was a couple of times that was painful. Been off pain meds for weeks now and had to come home and take some.She said I can go back to my normal routes . ( what she did not know was more or less already doing that)Did any of you have anything like harden tissue ? She used a differnet word for it but I can't remeber it. I am glad all of you are feeling better and wish you all good luck on going back to work and back to your busy lives. God Bless you all.
Unread 06-06-2007, 02:17 AM
Keloids????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovie5
I went to 6 week checkup today . Dr said I was healing fine . She said that I had some hard tissue and was still swollen. She said that it might take 9 to 12 weeks for the swelling to go down . Exam was very rough . There was a couple of times that was painful. Been off pain meds for weeks now and had to come home and take some.She said I can go back to my normal routes . ( what she did not know was more or less already doing that)Did any of you have anything like harden tissue ? She used a differnet word for it but I can't remeber it. I am glad all of you are feeling better and wish you all good luck on going back to work and back to your busy lives. God Bless you all.

Hi Dovie..........
Did the Dr use the words Keloid??????
I still have hard incision tissue also and am wondering also.

Kathi
Unread 06-06-2007, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meno Marie
...sorry ladies, i forgot to mention I had a TAH with ovaries, tubes and cervix removed due to Adenomyosis and cramping and pain.
Meno Marie:

I am glad you are physically healing, but still facing the new issues. Please do talk to your doctor about HRT - perhaps you will not need the other medications. I have the same family history with breast cancer on my mother's side. Actually - my mother's side is a buffet of cancers - part of the reasons behind my TVH/BSO. When we looked at all the pros and cons of ET for me, the benefits outweighed the cons. Biggie for me was the prevention of colon cancer. Although the WHI study was cut short - the increase in cases of breast cancer with the patch was relatively low; however, this is a very personal decision for each of us. My super doc has me reading non stop and wants us both to come to an agreement on how long I will stay on ET. I am 46, so in my opinion, I will be on ET for at least 5 years. HUGS!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register