Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 66 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 06-06-2007, 07:36 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Tomorrow is 6 weeks post op for me....Wont see the doctor till the 11th, however. I had a LAVH/BSO and my doctor put an estrogen patch on me as soon as he was done with surgery. He said at my age (39) the benefits far outweigh the negative factors. I have had some night sweats and I feel Im a little emotional at times, but overall I feel great and I dont doubt his opinion. His wife (who is a friend of my sister-in-law) had a hysterectomy and is on estrogen, so I feel if he is ok with his wife being on it....it's ok for me. Overall, I feel like I have recovered exceptionally well...I haven't had alot of the problems I've seen many of you mention, and even with the problems they discovered with my kidneys, I feel better now then I have in a long long time. Im soooo glad I found this site. It has been wonderful through these past 6 weeks. Hugs to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2007, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathim
Hi Dovie..........
Did the Dr use the words Keloid??????
I still have hard incision tissue also and am wondering also.

Kathi
I think that might be. but I thought it started with an H but I could be wrong. But the hard incision tissue is what I have.
Unread 06-06-2007, 07:47 AM

hi amb,
glad to hear your are doing well, I am feeling well also, and my heart goes out to those who are having problmes, I am going back to work friday, and im so tired,What would i have done without this site for the past 6 weeks,
good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2007, 08:04 AM
6 week check up today

Sweet Sister Princess Buddies,
I go for my 6 week check up today.
I take with me my copy of my medical records, that I would have NEVER thought to ask for, my list of questions, my good list of notes, from all of these wonderful postings, my huggy pillow ( a big bear ) and the knowledge that I have all of these Sisters right there with me,,,in case it gets scary. I still have the lower swelly belly, pain, and the wierd UTI feeling. Moving slow but steady. Walking four blocks a day , and watching what I eat and Drink. I agree that this is a good time to put the Princess first,,and understand that this is our ONLY body and we are the only one that will take care of it.
I will post again tonight to let you know how it goes,,I think I dread the exam the most..yuckky.
Take it one day at a time,,and buy yourself Petals.
ZuZusPetals TAH/BSO
Unread 06-06-2007, 08:21 AM

Ladies,
It is so good to hear so many good reports from checkups. I too have to wait a week or so before sex as I still have vaginal stitches, and I will because I hear infections from sperm in the abdomen can be really nasty. But again, we have waited this long, one more week is easy to do.

It has been wonderful having everyone here to "talk" with, I would have been so lonely without all of you, my thousand thanks to you all!

I am on HRT, Dr said all it does is treat symptoms and if you have lost your ovaries, you ARE in menopause, surgical menopause, period. No other way to say it, regardless of whether you were there before surgery or not. I take the highest dose of Premarin I can take and so far it has helped enough that I do not sweat profusely at night anymore. I do have sleepless nights though. Not every night but enough that I am nervous about going back to work and I am tired. Yesterday I experimented. I had not slept the night before and I could have slept all day but I did not let myself and I kept very busy through the day. Add to that no caffiene after supper and I slept through the night last night. I go back to work tomorrow, teaching a bunch of squirrely, ready for summer kids. I need to have energy to deal with them! I am so nervous. But after that I will have the rest of the summer to be ready to teach again. Thank goodness.

I don't know if emotional issues are hormone related though, I am on HRT and I am still up and down emotionally. Like today for example, I will cry at the drop of a pin, I just can feel it. My cat is missing since Monday morning and after calling all the shelters yesterday, we are thinking he is gone for good. I am so sad about that, he was a great cat.

One last note, when I asked about how long I would have to take the Premarin, Dr told me in a couple of years I can stop and see where my symptoms are at, if they are lessened and I can live with them, I can go off the HRT. I was miserable with symptoms before the surgery (even though I was consistently told my hormone levels were fine) and I consider relief from that to be as important as relief from my frequent and painful periods. I have already been through years of night sweats and didn't think the Hyst was much of a cure if I was still miserable. I mean we went through a lot and we should be able to feel better, right? My DH says it this way, while he watched me recover, that it must have been really bad before to go through the surgery and all that pain.

Jane
Unread 06-06-2007, 08:22 AM

Hi Everyone!

I had my post op on Monday. My incision split open again and started draining on Sunday night. When I saw the doctor he checked the site, and it tore open more. The good news is it's not infected. He told me to just let it keep draining, and if it doesn't close in 10 days I have to see him again. I asked him what would happen if it didn't close. He told me he suspected it would close. I then asked if he didn't want to tell me what was going to happen if it didn't close. He just replied that he thought it would close. That makes me more than a little nervous! I wonder if he has to do something really unpleasant if it DOESN'T close??!?!?!? Ugh! Other than that crazy complication everything else looks good and he told me I could resume all my normal activities, but to ease into them slowly.

I started HRT. He put me on Prempro. I took it out of the box, put it on the table and stared at it for a long time, praying that I was making the right decision My mom took Premarin after her first bout with ovarian cancer 17 years ago, and it was the cause of her first recurrence, hence my great hesitation. When I broke out in a hot flash and soaked through my clothes I finally popped the pill. I'm not my mom, and had this surgery before I developed cancer in the first place. We'll see how it goes from here. Deep breaths.....

I've decided to take the rest of the school year off since there are only 8 days left for us anyway, and those days are filled with lots of outdoor activites for the kids, which means lots of time on my feet and chasing little ones around. I'm not ready to do that much running around yet. It's going to be a big enough endeavor to have 100 people at my house on Saturday for my son's graduation party. Thank God my family is so helpful, and my sisters here are so supportive with their encouraging words.

Wishing everyone well!!
Tracy
Unread 06-06-2007, 08:47 AM
prayer request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvs2Quilt
As long as I've been on this website, I never knew there was a praryer request site. I'll see if I can find it.

Robin

Found it. Here it is:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sea...earchid=685423
i found it. where it says search on the web site, type prayer request, and this forum pops up. thanks
Unread 06-06-2007, 12:13 PM

Like everyone else I feel so blessed to have had this website before and after my surgery. What a tremendous amount of info and support I have gotten. It would have been very lonely without you guys.

I love to compare "notes" and read about how everyone is doing. We have cried, laughed and sent hugs to each other. And on those day when we were a little bored we chatted. A true web-sister-hood.

Thanks everyone

Helti
TAH- kept ovaries
Unread 06-06-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeTe B
Meno Marie
I found that taking the over the counter tylenol pm really has helped me sleep thru the night. I think that our bodies have been thru a very traumatic time with surgery and all its no wonder we are all feeling emotional! I t has been tough financially for me while not working too. I will pray it gets better for you!

Thank you so much Te Te B for the tip, I will definitely try the tylenol pm...and my thoughts and prayers are with you too, as well as all the other hystersisters experiencing trouble. s back to u too, there is nothing like a hug to make one feel not so alone, hugs give strenght too!
Unread 06-06-2007, 01:16 PM

[quote=underka1]Meno Marie:

I am glad you are physically healing, but still facing the new issues. Please do talk to your doctor about HRT - perhaps you will not need the other medications. I have the same family history with breast cancer on my mother's side.

Thanks Kath, it is so comforting to hear from others who are in a similiar boat and I will discuss the HRT on Monday with Doc. Good to hear it is working for you. I didnt know it helps prevent colon cancer...that is a big plus!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register