Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 71 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 06-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Are we paranoid or what I kept a few pads too!!???? 1st day back at work today, felt tired so I laid down and slept for 2 hrs! I got used to being home and liked it! I also feel sort of a heaviness or pressure down below. I still have days where I feel like a I have to pee alot. Dr tested me for infection and it came back fine! Anyone else feel like this? Maybe its just from the surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2007, 07:05 PM

i think we are keeping the pads for sentimental reasons,LOL i still hve some from the castle, I have to pee alot at nite too, Im glad evryone is recovering and feeling somewhat better, but work is so tiring,
TETEB, I got a support panty to wear at work, im on my feet alot,work fopr doctors, and it really seems to help, does anyones legs hurt, mine hurt so bad today. we came so far,
hugs to all
Unread 06-11-2007, 08:04 PM

This sounds strange, but it's almost like I'm afraid to throw the leftover pads away. Like if I do, I'll start bleeding again. Almost like it would be a bad omen to throw them away. Doesn't that sound ridiculous? I still have a full box of pantiliners and a few stayfree pads in my drawer. I keep telling myself they are going to be thrown out. But they never are. I didn't realize I was this superstitious. It's been almost 8 weeks now and they should really be thrown away, but I can't. Knowing me, I'll probably keep them for the rest of my life. I guess I'll keep them for souveniers.

Yes, I do have to pee a lot. But at least I pee less than I did before. I usually have to get up once or twice in the middle of the night to go. Mostly when I'm having a good sleep. I hate to get up but I have to. I drink a lot of water because I'm prone to urinary tract infections and kidney infections. I haven't touched soda in weeks. In fact, when I take a taste of it now, I don't like it at all.

I still have the abdominal wrap the hospital put on me. I use it once in a while. The few times my incision does hurt, it feels good to have that wrap on.

I did a little bit of heavy work today. When we had a bad storm weeks ago, a lot of tree limbs fell in my back yard. I was out there today with a pair of pruners cutting the small limbs off them. I'll have to hire someone to take them away. After about half an hour I was tired. I came in the house, got a drink and took a nice nap. I feel better and have more energy. Just with my gallbladder taken out, I felt 100% better. It took a while to recover from the hysterectomy. When I think of all those years that I suffered from those gallbladder pains, I look back and realize all that I missed. I keep on thinking, why didn't the drs. find it years ago? I complained enough to them. They never listened. But now with the hysterectomy I finally know what feeling good actually means. Of course I have my bad days, but I know I'll have good days too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2007, 08:48 PM

Happier123,
My legs and hips hurt at times too! Hot day today and took a walk and legs seem sore, I've been wondering whats wrong? Glad to hear when others feel the same way not to wish trouble for any of you but at least we know we are not crazy and imagining these things! I forget to take my calcium tablets, memory's not good either! Will they cut us off this site soon? Where should we talk then? I feel like I've made new friends!
Unread 06-11-2007, 08:56 PM

Hey Girls.........
I guess when they close us down just do a post for "April Girls" how bout if we call ourselves APRIL GIRLS ????? lololol Thiis way we can find each other ????
Unread 06-11-2007, 08:59 PM

April girls would be great, do you know how to get it started? Where do we find it?
Unread 06-11-2007, 09:01 PM

Hi .........Just think we will be SEVEN weeks this week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooohoooooo

I am feeling better each day........still get that feeling of heaviness in vaginal area every now and then when I have been up too much or done too much. Bladder issues not so much now........I go to Dr next week so will be interesting to see what she says and does !!

I am still expecting to take it rather easy the next month but then have high hopes of doing fun things.......we have a trip planned to San DIego July 20 so would like to do a lot of walking

Glad everyone sounds good in their recovery.
Unread 06-11-2007, 09:04 PM

Just go up to the top of this page and click on "post op" then when you get to the post op area click on "post op discussions" and that takes you to where the threads are.......if you want to make a new thread just click on "new thread"

Hope that makes sense..........let me know if it gets u there !!
Unread 06-11-2007, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathim
Hey Girls.........
I guess when they close us down just do a post for "April Girls" how bout if we call ourselves APRIL GIRLS ????? lololol Thiis way we can find each other ????

I like April Girls very much. It won't be long now when they close this thread. We want to be able to find each other. I like the name you picked very much.
Unread 06-11-2007, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeTe B
Happier123,
My legs and hips hurt at times too! Hot day today and took a walk and legs seem sore, I've been wondering whats wrong? Glad to hear when others feel the same way not to wish trouble for any of you but at least we know we are not crazy and imagining these things! I forget to take my calcium tablets, memory's not good either! Will they cut us off this site soon? Where should we talk then? I feel like I've made new friends!
I think it's because we are still healing. I have days when my back aches like it used to. It will last for a few days then go away for a while. Also, my sides will have twinges where they took out my ovaries, and once in a while I'll get twinges where my scar is. I read it can take up to 8 months to really heal from a hysterectomy. I hope this eases your mind. We aren't as physically tough as we want to think we are. If I take long walks my legs will ache too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register