Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 75 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 06-15-2007, 06:47 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

So sorry McMadre!

It's too bad we're not equiped with a little window to look inside ourselves and see whether or not we're healed. For us it's just a guessing game. The trip back to the hospital had to be such a downer I've had my share of setbacks, so I can totally sympathize with your feelings. Make sure you follow that rest schedule and try to remember when it's all over it won't feel like it was so bad. Is your DH on his trip now or did he cancel it?

Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2007, 07:43 AM

UGGGGGH, I did not sleep at all last night. My husband has been having to get up at 5 am to go to work the past couple weeks, and he likes me to go to bed with him. We went at 10:15pm or so last night and I laid there awake till 3:00 am. I've noticed lately im JUST NOT TIRED. THis is sooo unusual for me, in the past I always needed naps, etc. I dont know if this is normal or not but its frustrating NOT to be tired..lol.

Angie
Unread 06-15-2007, 07:51 AM

MCmadre,

I am so sorry to hear what happened to you. When I went for my 6 week check up my doc added 2 more weeks before allowing sex so we are still waiting. Hearing your story just confirms how important it is to just wait and be PATIENT. I feel so bad for you but your story is so very important for ALL us Hyster sisters.

I am doing well. My kids are done with school so lots going on here. I had the whole neighborhood in my yard yesterday. I work less in the Summer when the kids are home(we own our own company so I only go to work a couple of hours a day) but there is so much more cleaning and cooking to do with kids around. I don't particularly like that.

I don't nap any more either. If I do I can't sleep at night. I kind of go full speed all day and then crash at 9 PM.
I try to walk every day and it feels so good. I think walking gives me more energy.

Helti
TAH- kept ovaries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2007, 08:18 AM

Hi Ladies,

I have read the posts and feel bad for you McMadre. Thanks for sharing the risks to all.

My progress is almost identical to yours Jane. I still feel some pain and still have swelling particularly after a day with more activity. I am still under restrictions of 10 - 15 lbs, and feel it in my incision when I reach the max or go a bit over. My restrictions were extended since I was wearing my abdomenal support far too much during the first 5 weeks and my muscles were very weak. Still have not tried sex, although was not given specific restictions - nor told it was OK. DH was very disappointed that I did not ask, but is resigned to restain since he does not want to cause any problems. At 8 weeks when my restrictions are lifted we will try.

Hugs to all and wishes that recovery continues quickly, especially for those with set backs.

Pat
Sub-TAH, BSO, PB Sling, Bladder Suspension
Fibroids, Endo, anemia, leaky bladder - all fixed now!
Unread 06-15-2007, 08:46 AM

Ladies,
Sorry to hear about some more setbacks. I was eager to ignore Dr when he said wait for sex as well but DH wouldn't think of it. He has been so supportive. Even after the first time though, I noticed some stitches on the toilet paper. I also noticed some last week, after I had seen the Dr.

I have been going gung-** since I stopped sleeping at night without it and today I am in pain again. My whole abdomen aches so I think I have been overdoing it. But now what? If I take it easy today, will I sleep tonight? Besides, I am in do things mode. I feel kind of like I am in a phase of mania trying to get done some of the things that weren't done for the last 7 weeks around the house.

I guess I will try to take it easy and have the kids help but they aren't really cooperative lately. I hope the weekend at the cabin is relazing and I get the rest I need. But first it is my job to get ready to go.

Well, we all need to take it easy and listen to our bodies and our Dr. I have no restrictions anymore from the Dr but my body is still telling me there is healing going on. I need to listen bettter.

McMadre, I will say a prayer for you, please listen to Dr so you heal. You (and we all) went through a lot so we should be eager to make it turn out right. Patience patience.
The road to recovery is slow but sure.
Jane
Unread 06-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Feeling better

Dear Friends,
Thank you for all the prayers & positive notes. I have followed Dr's orders to the T, and have taken all of your good advice.
My DH did go on his trip- and I survived. He and my 11 yr old son have been at Church Camp this week and will be back in about an hour and I am so happy to know that!
My teenage daughter has been helping me ta home and its been kinda neat to bond w/ her this week.

I am not crazy about this "bedrest" until Monday, but it could be worse, right? I have a wonderful family, home, great life and pretty good health with THIS exception.
Anyway, I'm trying to focus on all the things in my life I'm grateful for...there are many.
Thank you and I hope everyone else is getting along well today...
mcmadre
Unread 06-15-2007, 01:05 PM

McMadre,
Im sorry to hear about your set back, I will say a prayer for you, just rest and take it easy, I know we all want to be up and doing things, getting back to our normal lives, even tho you had a set back, you will be okay, please rest and take it easy, the time will go quickly and we are all here for you
Hugs
Unread 06-15-2007, 04:24 PM

Is this thread going to stop soon?. Is anyone interested in starting a new thread so we can keep in touch? I finally figured out how to do it, please let me know , and what to call it?
thanks so much
Barb
Unread 06-15-2007, 04:44 PM

Yes, I would be interested in starting a new thread. Some ladies already decided to call the thread "April girls". I don't remember who said they would start it.

I don't know when they will shut us down.
Unread 06-15-2007, 04:50 PM

I am so glad, I do remember someone saying "april girls" hoepfully they will read this and let us know,
Hope you are doing well every day seems to be better, the leg aches are finally going away. just the no sleep and getting up at night to go to the bathroom are still there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register