Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 05-01-2007, 09:30 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Well after some good days I now do the crying. I feel restless, my tummy is so tight and the incision pulls. I don't sleep well. Keep waking up like some of you other ladies. I wake up stiff and sore so I have to walk around the house.

I take milk of magnesia too and it seems to help with all that gas.

Well, this was a wonderful up beat message. At least we have a place to let "it" out.

Helti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2007, 09:51 AM

Hi Helti

I felt the exact same way yesterday. I cried all day in between sleeping. We're doing some home renovations and my kitchen is torn completely apart, making it impossible to feel like anything is going right. I've got a bunch of workmen wandering all around, all the while I'm trying to pass gas. Ugh! I started taking colace last night and today finally had a bm. After that happened I felt like a totally new woman. I'm trying to think of this healing process as a kind of maze where we can take some turns that are dead ends, but know that we can turn around and find a new path. Eventually we'll find our way out. It's just that those dead ends can be so frustrating and discouraging sometimes. But every day leads us closer to the end where we can run free! Hang in there. There are better days ahead. :0)
Unread 05-01-2007, 10:22 AM

Had a bad night but it was the nurse’s fault. I had to drink a lot of water to get rid of the swelling in my feet from the IV solution pursuant to the nurse’s instructions. I was up every 90 minutes peeing. It was terrible. I was lucky enough to keep falling back to sleep but it hurt a lot to get in and out of bed especially to get out with a full bladder. So today I am not drinking that much water. I would rather have swollen feet than do that again. I am going to drink a lot all early day time, but cut it out about 3 PM.
Also, I am cutting back on the pain meds. I was taking them as prescribed through last night, i.e. every 4 hours no matter how I felt. I went all night without one cause I did not want to drink water to ingest it and took one at breakfast and now I am gonna wait until I need it as opposed to by the clock and hopefully I will not need as many as right after the surgery.
Tomorrow I get the staples out at the doctor's office. May need more pain meds for that?!?!?!
I am pooping and tooting regularly and the gas is not pleasant feeling. I am not having poop problems; lucky me.
So far I am only hot cause it was 98 degrees outside yesterday. I got on hormones the day after my surgery and at my 6 week check up the doctor wants to discuss their use.
Good luck to everyone; speedy recoveries!

TAH/BSO 4/26 3 nights hospital vertical cut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2007, 11:06 AM

melissa,
so sorry to hear about your trip backto ER and infection. i also spiked a temp for two day while in the hospital and have a manageable infection in the inscison site from popping out staples on day 2 and its just not closing...gross.
started with cold sysmptoms yesterday and worst of all sneezing and coughing. ouch!
i stayed down all afternoon and feel better today.
all i can say is go slow. listen to your body, and your doc.
hope your feeling better tommorrow.
Unread 05-01-2007, 07:41 PM

Hi
Had my surgery 4/27 and am feeling really great had it done vaginally not even sore anymore. I didn't even take a motrin all day today.
Unread 05-01-2007, 08:45 PM
one week later...

Feeling pretty well for one week out. Getting antsy, too. My worst ailment has been the gas pressure and pain. I had no idea that would be so horrible. My shoulders and ribs were in pain until this morning. And that is with very frequent easy BMs since 2 days post op (I was lucky). I still had so much gas and it was driving me nuts. I started taking GasX pills and that seemed to help. I woke up for the first time today being able to take a deep breath. It felt so great to fully inhale without shapr severe pains. I've been doing it all day and just smiling each time. Simple pleasures! My abdomen is swollen and I still feel so bloated, but if that is my worst complaint, then I really don't have anything to complain about! Very pleased with my status 1 week out...
Wishing you all a fast, full recovery. Special thoughts to those who have had post op complications.
Julie
Unread 05-01-2007, 09:34 PM

Hi everyone,
I am not sure of the abrevation for anything but I had a laprosocpy assist hysterectomy (thur vagina)a apogee, a perigee and a monarch sling with repair to my vagina (that may go along with the apogee. I am doing a self cath for now because I can't empty my bladder completely.
I am on Percocet for pain with Ibu between, and cipro for anitbiotic. I did have post op vomiting Friday and Sat morning nausea most of the time those 2 days. I even threwup my antibiotic pill and they had to give me another one. I was so scared I would hurt but even the vomiting wasn't bad.
I have to say this is my second day home and it hasn't been bad yet. I didn't eat much before the surgery and didn't really eat much until Sunday. Have not had a BM yet. Hope everyone gets well.
Prayers and Blessings to all.
Kris
Unread 05-01-2007, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawprinter
Tomorrow I get the staples out at the doctor's office. May need more pain meds for that?!?!?!
I don't know about after a hysterectomy, but when I had my staples removed after my c-section 17 years ago, I was quite nervous about it. It certainly SOUNDED painful. But, really, I hardly felt it.

Sheila
Unread 05-02-2007, 07:30 AM

Thank you Shelia. I am feeling so apprehensive about this today. Like I have an option???? HA HA I am sure I will be fine. I am hoping it relieves one pulling/stabbing painful spot I still have every time I move. I will write about it when I return and am hoping for a good report. Maybe I will take my own gold star sticky so I can have the doc put it on my shirt cause I am going to be soooo brave.
Unread 05-02-2007, 07:47 AM
Part of my incision is open!

Part of my incision has come open. My incision is higher than most TAH and goes from hip to hip. The part that is coming open is right on my right hip and is about 11/2 inches long. I called the Dr last night and they want to see me today so I go in at 11:20. I've never had an incision come open before so I am kind of freaking out about this. My DH taped it back together with some surgical tape last night. It's just so gross looking. It's not infected or red but it does have a small amount of puss.

Otherwise, I am feeling pretty good. Coughing and sneezing still hurt like crazy and peeing still feels weird. I can fit into all my pre-op jeans just fine, In fact they seem loser now.

Anyhow, hope everyone is healing up and taking it easy.

Hugs

Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register