Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 80 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 06-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

TETEB
, this whole peeing thing, i wake up 4-5 times a nite to pee , dont pee alot during the day, so dr said i couldnt have an infection, I used to only wake up maybe once a nite , since the surgery it has been 4-5 times a nite. Are we the only ones with this trouble?. Seems like if it isnt one thing it is another, Oh i hate saying this but i pass alot of gas anymore too, how embarassing. I look behind me when im out as not to be embarrased. I have heard that even tho we had hyst, that your usual time of the month you get some symptoms like your period, dont know if this is true, others have told me.
I hope you are feeling better, hopefully my gas story made you laugh
Robin
did you find the april girls?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2007, 08:36 PM

Te Te........
I am having the same sensation........I was put on antibiotics about 4 weeks ago and this came back a few days ago. I had to go and have tests Urine re-done on Fri as the DR thought maybe it got contaminated when lab ran it. I go back to Dr /Surgeon on MOnday so thank god for that appointment.

I would call you DR or your primary and ask for a urine test AND CULTURE to be done on it. It is very important to request the culture as this is where mine showed up.

I have some mid lower belly pain also. I cant figure it out.
Unread 06-16-2007, 08:54 PM

I always have to pee, no matter what. For a while after the surgery it slowed down. Now I'm back to getting up at least twice a night. It's such a hassle. Just when I can sleep I have to go to the bathroom. I try and hold ir but that doesn't work.

This is really bizarre. Yesterday it felt just like I was going to have a period. My sides ached and I looked at the calendar. Sure enough, if everything was intact, I would have had a period. I wonder why this is? It's like my body is still on schedule for my period. My breasts didn't hurt, but my abdomin and sides sure felt like a period was coming. I even checked the T.P. when I went to the bathroom. Of course no blood, but it sure felt like it was coming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvs2Quilt
I always have to pee, no matter what. For a while after the surgery it slowed down. Now I'm back to getting up at least twice a night. It's such a hassle. Just when I can sleep I have to go to the bathroom. I try and hold ir but that doesn't work.

This is really bizarre. Yesterday it felt just like I was going to have a period. My sides ached and I looked at the calendar. Sure enough, if everything was intact, I would have had a period. I wonder why this is? It's like my body is still on schedule for my period. My breasts didn't hurt, but my abdomin and sides sure felt like a period was coming. I even checked the T.P. when I went to the bathroom. Of course no blood, but it sure felt like it was coming.

Luvs2quilt........
DId you keep ovaries or BSO ????
I SHOULD know what u had but am brain dead tonight !!!

I have TAH/BSO=vertical incision.
I get that ovary pain also but they are GONE !!! WHATS UP with this feeling?????
Unread 06-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by happier123
Robin
im glad you found it. I posted it as april girls but they changed it to april girls -apr 23-30, but we found each other.
Glad we can keep in touch and let each other know how we are doing.Hard to belive it has been 7 weeks since the TAH BSO, i am feeling somewhat normal, but get tired easy, and this swelly belly will it ever go down?.......

That is why I had a hard time finding the thread at first, because they added the 23-30. As for the swelly belly, I think my stomach is not going to get any thinner because I wasn't real thin when I had the surgery. I can't believe so much time has gone by since the surgery. Wow, 7 weeks already. I have my days. Of course no pain. Mostly I just get moody and sweaty. Haven't started any HRT yet. Right now here as I'm typing I feel fine, but when I was grocery shopping earlier I felt so hot in the store.

I think I overdid it today. I did lots of housecleaning and my body knows. My sides ache and my scar is sore. Plus, my 4 year old nephew had a tantrum in the grocery store and I had to pick him up off the floor and carry him out. I hope I didn't tear anything inside. That is all I need. I'll be lucky if I can get out of bed tomorrow without lots of aches and pains.

Hospital bills are still coming. I got another one today for the anesthesia. I have to give them a call because it was supposed to have been taken care of weeks ago. And my primary dr. wants me to come in to talk to him about my high cholesterol. One more pill to take. I take so many now I feel like I have my own pharmacy. LOL.............
Unread 06-16-2007, 09:11 PM

Hello Ladies!

Te Te, if you kept your ovaries you would still be experiencing some symptoms of your regular cycle. They're still producing all the hormones they did before, there's just no place to house the misery for expelling anymore. Try some midol or advil - whatever helped before.

Sista Chick - I'm just aching for you! You have a wonderful attitude though. Man, have you been through a rough recovery! Thank goodness your husband is so supportive. That makes all the difference. You're right - it will pass. It just doesn't seem like it will pass fast enough when you're looking out at the pool. I totally can identify with you.

Kathi- What the heck???? I don't get how you can still be having all this bladder trouble. I'll be anxious to hear what the doctor has to say about that. At least your incision is healing well and you're not having the sharp pains you were before.

Loves2Quilt - I can understand your hesitation with HRT. I had a terrible internal struggle over it since my mom had ovarian cancer, they put her on HRT (this was 17 years ago) and it was the cause of her first recurrence. But I finally decided I'd give it a try because I couldn't stand the internal meltdowns 5-10 times an hour anymore. It's definitely helping with that and my ability to sleep. I'm not sure if it will help with the acne, but I had really bad acne problems when I was young, and the best thing that worked for me is vitamin B12 and using witch hazel on a cotton ball to clean my face three times a day. I don't know if you've tried that. I know I tried a million different things.

Love to all,
Tracy
Unread 06-16-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathim
Luvs2quilt........
DId you keep ovaries or BSO ????
I SHOULD know what u had but am brain dead tonight !!!

I have TAH/BSO=vertical incision.
I get that ovary pain also but they are GONE !!! WHATS UP with this feeling?????

Kathim,
I had a TAH BSO. Everything was taken out. No ovaries, no nothing. Well, I do have my cervix. I had so much endometriosis that the drs. couldn't safely take it out. They had to leave it. I have a horizontal cut going from one side of my stomach to the other. Really strange. I could have sworn I was going to have a period yesterday, which I knew was impossible. It was on the exact date that I would have normally had a period. That is what is so strange. My periods were always right on time.

Robin
Unread 06-16-2007, 09:26 PM

I am glad we all found the new thread, so we can keep in touch.
I hope all goes well with your doctor visit. I had to take bp pills before my surgery and had a bad time with them, made me so dizzyand so sick had to take a week off work, so after switching them around i now take one for life i guess.
I am not on any HRT yet either, but i have noticed more hot flashes as the days go by.Those hospital bills i dont like either, they want all their money, i called and said i didnt work for 6 weeks, does it matter to them no.
.....I live with my boyfriend he helps me, but it is hard getting back on your feet after so many weeks off work. My baby who is 20 has a baby 21 months old, so i help her alot, never ending day to day, she wants to be a nurse goes to school now.
Just think 7 weeks ago where we were, and where we are now, better? yes but with different kind of problems, does it ever end? I am so glad i found everyone to share with
Unread 06-16-2007, 09:26 PM

I have nothing left inside of me so it can't be my ovaries?? Why would we feel like that when there is nothing there to hurt? Also my peeing thing goes on during the day only and am good at night? I get so hyper when I don't know whats wrong. This is really weird but my hands tingle when I do go to the bathroom and it hurts alot! Anyone had this happen? It doesn't make sense. I'm really NOT crazy!!!
Unread 06-16-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThoughts
Hello Ladies!

Te Te, if you kept your ovaries you would still be experiencing some symptoms of your regular cycle. They're still producing all the hormones they did before, there's just no place to house the misery for expelling anymore. Try some midol or advil - whatever helped before.

Sista Chick - I'm just aching for you! You have a wonderful attitude though. Man, have you been through a rough recovery! Thank goodness your husband is so supportive. That makes all the difference. You're right - it will pass. It just doesn't seem like it will pass fast enough when you're looking out at the pool. I totally can identify with you.

Kathi- What the heck???? I don't get how you can still be having all this bladder trouble. I'll be anxious to hear what the doctor has to say about that. At least your incision is healing well and you're not having the sharp pains you were before.

Loves2Quilt - I can understand your hesitation with HRT. I had a terrible internal struggle over it since my mom had ovarian cancer, they put her on HRT (this was 17 years ago) and it was the cause of her first recurrence. But I finally decided I'd give it a try because I couldn't stand the internal meltdowns 5-10 times an hour anymore. It's definitely helping with that and my ability to sleep. I'm not sure if it will help with the acne, but I had really bad acne problems when I was young, and the best thing that worked for me is vitamin B12 and using witch hazel on a cotton ball to clean my face three times a day. I don't know if you've tried that. I know I tried a million different things.

Love to all,
Tracy

Sounds like everyone is having their own set of problems. Hopefully by next year this time we will all be feeling good. I plan to call my dr. next week and discuss HRT. I have been doing some reading on this site. So many different forms of HRT. It's so overwhelming. Plus, I don't have the added benefit of what my mother's problems were. She passed away years ago and nobody remembers, only that she had lots of female problems. If it comes to it, I'll take HRT. I'm hoping I can try something bioidentical when I do go on it. I'll have to try the B12. If you don't mind me asking, what form of HRT do you take? How do you know what to start with?

When I was a kid I had terrible acne. So I tried the Oxy stuff. Can't remember the entire name. Turned out I was allergic to it and it made my face red as a lobster. I never used it again. I even tried their alcohol pads but those never worked either. I'll try the witch hazel. Thanks for the tip.

Robin

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register