Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 88 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 06-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Helti ( Tina) I'm with you! Not much of a gradener either, but love to see what others can do can do. My DH & I have an agreement, I take care of inside of the house, he takes care of out! Works for us He LOVES working in the yard!
LOTS of rainin' in TX today- great day to do some baking w/ kids & play games.

Anyone started back exercising yet??? I'm anxious to get back to Yoga and Step but have to wait til one more week for My Dr's ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2007, 04:15 PM

We live on the side of a mountain and Im gonna start tomorrow morning walking with my two girls in the double stroller. If I can go to my stop sign and back Ill be happy. The hill to the stop sign is straight up. Give me stength Lord give me strength. LOL!! My mil challenged me to try this task. She hadher tah in jan of 07. I have already been swimming and it has really helped with my tummy. Hope everyone continues to get better. I feel like I have my life back.Finally.
Unread 06-25-2007, 06:09 PM

[quote=marlene07]had some spotting and pain the last few days. I'm off again for a few days, hopefully that will help! Still having discomfort when I pee.

Marlene
It hurt before when I had to go pee, I just kept taking Ibuprofen and it finally went away. I had 1 day of spotting too and just took it easy and it went away! Hope this helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2007, 06:14 PM

I still notice that when I had to urinate, I have to push down to get that last bit of pee out. And I still feel tired. I'm 8 weeks post op, just like you guys, and even little things like bringing in the groceries will cause my lower stomach to ache. My sides will ache too where they took out my ovaries. Last Saturday I had to run down the street to try to catch my cat. I was in so much pain Saturday night that I'm still taking Tylenol. I won't do that again. Every bone in my body hurt. It also still hurts to stand up for any length of time and my side aches when I get in and out of my car. We need a lot more than 8 weeks to heal.
Unread 06-25-2007, 06:15 PM

Thanks for your posts, girls. I haven't posted much but have been reading since my surgery April 30th. I thought I might be the only one with these two particular problems, what a relief to know I'm not alone! I wondered why my bladder was still causing pain. I had many fibroids which caused my uterus to be very enlarged. Thanks for your posts and for making me feel more "normal". As for the other part, sometimes it's okay and sometimes there's some real discomfort. I guess that just takes time, too.

I went back to work last Wednesday part-time and I'm really tired at the end of the day and getting a bit of stomach pain by the time I get home. I guess we're still healing, aren't we? I want to be tough and get on with it, but I think it must just take time.
Unread 06-25-2007, 06:16 PM

Ladies, now that you are more than 8 weeks post op, this progress thread has served its purpose and is no longer needed.

But don't stop here! Keep it going. Pass it on!

HysterSisters thrives because of the woman-to-woman support we offer to each other! Please venture out of your date group to help other women while you continue to receive support through new threads you start for your concerns.

Thank you for making a difference at Hystersisters.com with your "woman to woman" support and kindness.
Unread 06-25-2007, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flwrpwr1130
I too did too much yesterday and am paying for it today. Problem is, I started cleaning 2 rooms and had to stop last night. Meaning they are only half done. I have to finish them today or I won't be able to live with myself. My boys tried to help clean while I was unable to do any cleaning but they are not very good. They really don't see the dirt! What they think is clean is UGH! I now have to decide if I can just take ibuprofen or if I need a happy pill.

For those of you with UTI's, I always heard that yogurt helps too. Something about the bacteria in it being the helpful kind. I am trying Activia right now and so far I don't see anything great about it but I am not 2 weeks into it yet. It took 2+weeks for the hormones to kick in for real so I am being patient.

TeTe and Helti, I too live nearby. I am loving this weather! I love to work in the garden in the summer. Before I had a house I had lots of houseplants. Now I have none in the house but flower gardens all over. It keeps me busy all summer. I am always adding plants and moving plants as my vision changes. This summer it is rock edging. I am gathering rocks from a friends farm field (no, I am not doing the lifting to gather them this year but I have in the past and will do so again). Plus there's always a lot of weeding to do. I haven't gotten my bike out yet, keep meaning to do that and try but deep down I am scared to. Maybe once the house is clean.

Well, stalling isn't going to get anything done, have a great day ladies.
Jane

Jane,
I love yogurt. Before the surgery I was eating about 6 cups a day. Not the plain but fruited stuff. I love StoneyField the best. Unfortunately it didn't do too much to prevent a UTI. I was disappointed about that. Maybe I need to eat the plain yogurt. YUCK!!!! Could be it lessens UTI's. They say cranberry juice works too, but then I read an artical that it really doesn't do anything. It's the fact that you are just drinking something that is helping your kidneys and bladder.

Robin
Unread 06-26-2007, 11:49 AM

Hi, Ladies -

Long time no visit! to all. I'm back at work full time for a week and 1 day as of today. I've been REALLY REALLY tired - which the Doc told me would be the case. Glad to hear that everyone is easing back into "normal". Had a good weekend. Slept late, then did too much and collapsed Sunday night. Someday, I'll learn!

It is really hot and muggy here in Missouri. Summer has dawned with a vengence. Not so much time to exercise as when I was home and now it's so hot, neither the dog nor I wants to go out for a walk. It's even hot late in the evening. I never thought I would say this, but I can't wait until I can return to the gym on 7/1/07. At least the treadmills have little fans you can point on yourself as you walk. The dog will just have to do with chases around the air conditioned house!

Just wanted to check in with everyone! My longtime college friends (who all live out of town) have just learned of my surgery & boy am I sort of in trouble. So they've perscribed a girls weekend focused on the spa, shopping and possible a show. Can't wait!

Good luck with the gardening, biking, "hill climbing" and the relatives at home!

Eve
Unread 06-26-2007, 09:06 PM

Hi Girls..........

Just wanted to stop in AN D SAY HELLO...................oooopssssssss thats that glass of wine I ahd at dinner!!!!!!!!lololol

I am still having UTI issues.........last day of antibiotics is Thursday......I am so ready to be WELL !!!!!!!!!!
Sometimes after I over do it I feel like I have a rock/tampon inside of my vagina....... I am worryoing over the feeling and wondering if the reoval of cervix is the cause???????????
I feel pretty good incisional wise and pain wise. Headaches have ceased for right now.......we'll see..............

Hope evryone is ok.............

hugssssssssssssssssssssssss
Kathi
Unread 06-26-2007, 10:26 PM

When I overdo it it seems like my legs ache and my sciatic nerves act up/ Plus I get a pully-achy feeling in my whole abdomen. Most everyone is talking about vaginal pain, of which I have none. Amazing how we are different. I still am seeing stitches on my toilet paper once in a while, I thought that would be done by now. At least I am not bleeding anymore, yeah for that!
Jane

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register