Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 89 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 06-27-2007, 12:23 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

I was doing fine for a while and then started doing too much. Well, this last week I've been sick with the chills and a sore throat and my lymph nodes were swollen. So I finally called my dr. to get an appt. and he had none. So I went to one of the other local hospitals that are just as good. Turns out I have strep throat. I don't know where I picked that up. I was given some antibiotics until the pharmacy opens tomorrow. The dr. in the ER said strep was going around. The dr. in the ER said I also was probably still run down from the surgery. So, for the next few weeks and the forseeable future, I'm going to take it easy. Maybe I wo't need HRT. Maybe all these symptoms were from the high fever I'd had and chills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2007, 04:09 AM

Hello ladies:

McMadre - Yep, working out again and no, not to the level I was before. Maybe I should say intensity. But each week is a little closer to normal. The ole swelly belly comes on quick when I start an ab exercise. I am a Texas girl and have to say, with the heat and humidity there, I would let your DH do the yard work too!

Okay, so after everything we went through..I had a very scary reminder yesterday about how lucky I am to be alive and for the most part, in good health. I went from Maryland to one of our Phili offices (Yardley, PA) Monday and drove back yesterday afternoon. Before I left, my DH decided my 2004 Camry needed all new rotors and brake pads, so off to the shop the car went. On the drive back yesterday, on 95 South, just past the Phili airport, I hear a bang, ding, patanggggggg. I thought for a moment and figured it was a big rock or something hitting the under carriage. Errr...that would have been a good thing. I have no idea why, but I tried my brakes when no one was behind me and nothing - nadda. Oh, did I mention I was going 75? I looked around me and decided without taking out me and others around me, all I could do is put on my flashers, signal to the right lane and try and maintain a speed to stay with the flow until I could get over in a large enough area to engage the parking brake. I have to tell you, I said every curse word in the book and imagined the mechanics neck at the shop in my grasp. Ladies..I think I did this for a few miles before I saw the right exit...(it had a hallow over it...). My car has the option to change from automatic transmission to a standard shift which may have saved me. I started to use the gears to slow me down and as I came to the turn at the exit, used my parking brake to help also. OMG, the noise. End of day, there was an Exxon as I rounded the exit and I was able to come to a stop. A road crew laying asphalt came over. A man named Tim was a saint and his mother should be proud. He checked everything, talked to my DH, who I had on the phone by now, and found my caliper on the passenger front was gone. The driver's side bolts were so loose that was next. The man at the garage did not tighten the bolts…my life and others were in harms way due to someone not following a process. Tim and his road crew got me to a mom and pop shop a block away and stayed there until they knew I was ok. Chuck and his crew at Interstate Auto in Aston, PA got me up and running and get this....would only take $30!!!! I swear I ended up in perfect town, USA.

So, I was humbled by that experience and am so thankful for everything. Bless Tim and his crew who lay asphalt in PA, and to Chuck and the team at Interstate Auto. 
Unread 06-27-2007, 11:10 AM

kath
I am so glad you are okay, i would have be so nervous, Thank goodness you met some nice people who helped you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2007, 11:44 AM

That is one scary story. It sounds like you stayed pretty calm. I don't know if I could have done so well.

Well after all my happy thoughts on Tuesday night at my daughters softball game (I posted on google) I have now come down from my "high". Bummer!!
First my not so nice neighbor came over and yelled at me. my DS had been in his yard and he was not happy. My DS had a water fight with his daughter and she hurt her finger. When she was trying to pour water (from a bucket) over my DS he blocked it with his watergun and she got her finger sqeezed. Neighbor totally blamed my son and was mad at me. NOTHING is ever his daughters fault. What a bunch of crock!!!! One of these days I will yell back in Danish (I am from Denmark) and give it to him......... I just don't get some people. I guess I always ask my kids FIRST what happened and what THEY did wrong.

Well on top of that wonderful experience the hospital called me back this morning and want me back for more tests. I had my first mammogram on Tuesday and they found a denser pocket on the right breast that they want to look at more closely. Anybody ever gotten a call back? I am not really feeling nervous. I guess a lot of times it is nothing.

Tina
Unread 06-27-2007, 12:04 PM

tina
it is better to go back sometimes they dont do the mamogram just right, most of the times it is nothing, please let us know how it goes,
Barb
Unread 06-27-2007, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by underka1
Hello ladies:

McMadre - Yep, working out again and no, not to the level I was before. Maybe I should say intensity. But each week is a little closer to normal. The ole swelly belly comes on quick when I start an ab exercise. I am a Texas girl and have to say, with the heat and humidity there, I would let your DH do the yard work too!

Okay, so after everything we went through..I had a very scary reminder yesterday about how lucky I am to be alive and for the most part, in good health. I went from Maryland to one of our Phili offices (Yardley, PA) Monday and drove back yesterday afternoon. Before I left, my DH decided my 2004 Camry needed all new rotors and brake pads, so off to the shop the car went. On the drive back yesterday, on 95 South, just past the Phili airport, I hear a bang, ding, patanggggggg. I thought for a moment and figured it was a big rock or something hitting the under carriage. Errr...that would have been a good thing. I have no idea why, but I tried my brakes when no one was behind me and nothing - nadda. Oh, did I mention I was going 75? I looked around me and decided without taking out me and others around me, all I could do is put on my flashers, signal to the right lane and try and maintain a speed to stay with the flow until I could get over in a large enough area to engage the parking brake. I have to tell you, I said every curse word in the book and imagined the mechanics neck at the shop in my grasp. Ladies..I think I did this for a few miles before I saw the right exit...(it had a hallow over it...). My car has the option to change from automatic transmission to a standard shift which may have saved me. I started to use the gears to slow me down and as I came to the turn at the exit, used my parking brake to help also. OMG, the noise. End of day, there was an Exxon as I rounded the exit and I was able to come to a stop. A road crew laying asphalt came over. A man named Tim was a saint and his mother should be proud. He checked everything, talked to my DH, who I had on the phone by now, and found my caliper on the passenger front was gone. The driver's side bolts were so loose that was next. The man at the Garage did not tighten the bolts…my life and others were in harms way due to someone not following a process. Tim and his road crew got me to a mom and pop shop a block away and stayed there until they knew I was ok. Chuck and his crew at Interstate Auto in Aston, PA got me up and running and get this....would only take $30!!!! I swear I ended up in perfect town, USA.

So, I was humbled by that experience and am so thankful for everything. Bless Tim and his crew who lay asphalt in PA, and to Chuck and the team at Interstate Auto. 

God was certainly with you that day. Tim sure was your angel. Things could have been soooooooooo much worse. Thank God you are okay. If this doesn't teach us to appreciate life, nothing does.
Unread 06-28-2007, 02:50 AM

Thank you all. Not sure about being calm - I was just VERY lucky!!!

Tina - I have had a few call backs for the same reason, and it was just good measure. I have very dense breast tissue, more so as time marches forward, and it tends to either call for another mamo or an ultra sound. Please, please let us all know how you are doing.
Unread 06-28-2007, 02:57 AM

So ladies - what is everyone planning for the 4th of July? Besides wearing WHITE PANTS!!!!

My DH and I are planning to take a drive from southern Maryland where we live to Cape Code. If I do not kill my DH after 9 hours in a car, it should be fun . My youngest, Christine, is a Coast Guard officer and stationed in Boston. She has good friends on the cape whose family runs a whale watching fleet. So the 4th, weather depending, will be on the water with whales, and too much drinking - wohoo.
I will have to check the rules for this site about posting pictures if I get a good one of a whale (Catherine...can we post pictures???).

Okay, off to the treadmill and to work I go.
Unread 06-28-2007, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by underka1
I will have to check the rules for this site about posting pictures if I get a good one of a whale (Catherine...can we post pictures???).
You may post pictures in your Hystersisters Photo Gallery. At the top right side of the pages here you'll see a "Tab" that says SUPPORT. When you put your mouse on it, one of the choices you'll see is Photos. Click there. Then click UPLOAD PHOTOS. Let me know if you have any problems uploading your photos.

Unread 06-29-2007, 01:54 PM

Hi Ladies,

I had my final check up with my doc yesterday and got the green light to slowly work back into normal activites and exercising. This appointment was to check my incision one last time to ensure no abdominal hernia, since I was wearing my Ab binder 24/7 for the first 5 weeks of my recovery.

I just rec'd my hostipal records and have been pouring through those. Thanks for that advice to obtain them! Found out my uterus weighted 720 grams, or about 1.6 lbs. It sure seemed bigger when it was inside me! They also took most of my cervix due to a cyst, which was not the original plan and my doc forgot to mention. So now I need to modify my signature to TAH.

So glad it is over and feeling sooo much better now.

Hope all have a safe and happy 4th celebration!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register