Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 91 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 07-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

TeTe B and GoodThoughts,
Yes, I am still getting tired too. Today I was running around doing errands and when I got back I had to lay down. I didn't want to, but I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I had to take care of the monthly bills and then my car finally bit the dust. So I'm in a dilemma as to what to do. My car is almost 13 years old and while I don't want to put any more money in it, I can't afford a new one either. So I've got to figure out what to do. Today hasn't been one of my better days.

Sometimes I feel like this war is never going to end. And no matter which way we feel about it, we have to support our troops who give their lives so we can be free and have ours. Every time I hear of another one of our troop dying it makes me wonder what the future holds. It takes great courage for our troops to be over there when they don't know if they are coming back or not. All we can do is pray for them. That they are safe.

Everyone have a happy 4th of July!!!

Robin

I've noticed the same thing. That we don't chit chat like we used to. What happened? Are we all just going our separate ways or just busy now that the summer is here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2007, 07:39 AM

I think once the newness of the hysterectomy has worn off, it's not the first thing you think of in the morning, or the last thing you think of at night anymore. That's why they closed our old thread. The people who we need to reach out and touch are the ones who are where we were a few months ago. I, too, miss the daily commeradery we shared in our dark and scary days. It's funny how we tend to share less when things are good. It's wonderful that we're all doing so well. We've come a long way baby!!! Cheers to our strength and courage.

Tracy
Unread 07-06-2007, 06:42 AM

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a good 4th of July.

I got my surgery and path report yesterday. Nothing real surprising. I remember that Robin wrote that hers was 26 pages. My surgery report was 3 pages and path report was 2 pages. The only thing that I did not know was that apparently I had several smaller fibroids besides the big one and they also mention a polyp found at the top of the uterus. The cyst on my ovary was full of watery liquid. Other than that it was just interesting reading. I am glad I got it and they did not charge me anything for it.

Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2007, 08:13 AM

Life-interuptis is my excuse. As I slowly get better my family expects more of me. The princess is on her last pamper as far as they are concerned. DS is much better than DH about this. DS still asks if things are too heavy. DH is back in "you take care of me" mode. Yeah, I'm having a tantrum day. Must be the boredom of "I can't do what I want when I want." and housework that zaps all my energy. The travel restrictions are driving me up the wall as well. Gotta go find something "new" to do. Even if it I can only do it for 15 mins. maybe it will lift my mood. I was so looking forward to having lots of time to sew. That bubble burst when I discovered I couldn't comfortably in my sewing chair.
Unread 07-06-2007, 10:47 AM

Wow I was charged $45 for mine. I got the full hosital record and was many pages. Was charged for each page copied. I also found the recovery room record interesting. I had forgotten most of what went on in there until I read the report.
Unread 07-06-2007, 11:33 AM

I never got the recovery room report or hospital stay report. Did not know I could get those. I would like to see the other stuff. I just asked for the path and surgery report.

I don't remember much from the recovery room. I was told that I complained of nausea but I don't remember that. I do remember moaning at one point wanting pain meds and the nurse was hurrying to get me meds. After that I remember being moved to my room. That is it.

Tina
Unread 07-06-2007, 12:10 PM

I never knew we could get the recovery room report or the hospital stay report either. I got the Operating Room report and the Path report. When I went to the hospital to ask about the records, I told them I wanted all of them. I do remember the recovery room. Trying to wake up from the anesthesia but feeling so tired. The report they gave me was 41 pages long and cost me $26.00. I suppose I could ask the hospital if those are all the records they have or if there are more. Looking back, it seems like a lifetime ago since I was in the hospital. I loved being waited on hand and foot. Sometimes, when post hospital life gets so busy, I wish I was back there, just relaxing and watching tv. And having an excuse to do those things.

I'll have to go through my hospital records again. Those reports might be in there and I might not even realize it.
Unread 07-06-2007, 12:25 PM

It's good to see so many familiar names again. For a while I was wondering how everyone in our little group was doing, as I hadn't seem many posts from anyone.. I guess the party is over now and we all get back to our regular lives. I am finished seeing the gyno unless a problem comes up. I still have my cervix. They couldn't take it. Too many adhesions. Now I'm going through surgical menopause and it isn't fun. I went to my dr. yesterday to see if I could get started on HRT, like he told me I could. Well, he's singing a different tune now. Now he says I am not a good candidate because I have high blood pressure and refused to write me a script. So I just have to suffer with the hotflashes and the rest of it for as long as it lasts. I got another opinion and the other dr. said the same thing. They say I could have a stroke. So, that is that. Did anyone else here get to start HRT? Surgical menopause is the pits and I wish I had known about the no HRT before the surgery. I would have tried like heck to keep my ovaries, or at least one of them.

I still get so tired. And of course the brain fog is still there. Glad everyone else is doing well.
Unread 07-06-2007, 02:24 PM

I started HRT (Vivelle Dot .05) and it has helped the hot flashes, but sex is still painful. I have been using Premarin Cream since 5 weeks post op. Dr. said I should quit after 3 weeks, but I kept using it and still am with same issues. So all is not well even with HRT. I tried to keep my last ovary as well. Path report said multiple cysts, and Dr. did not want to have to go back in to get it. If it helps I did read that ovaries that have cysts are more likely to become cancerous than those that are healthy - so at least we don't have to worry about that.
Unread 07-06-2007, 05:27 PM

I think they found cysts on my ovaries as well, but it was something they didn't expect to find. I do really wish I could take some form of HRT. Especially after today. I've been so hot all day long. I'd go get a 3rd opinion about the HRT but there is no sense in wasting my money. I just don't understand it. Lots of women have high blood pressure, and it's not like I would be getting a big dose. I'll just have to get by the best I can, but it's no fun.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register